Show your 2 all time favorites!

Thanks a lot man, but I’m from Europe, almost an impossible mission for clone, but if you ever decide to make some seeds of her, let me know, I’d be very happy to try, and find a pheno similar to yours, with a little help from you to identify it.

3 Likes

lovely. the rainbow feno🔥

3 Likes

:star_struck: wow man , that’s called resistance, she has a very interesting structure too, and she’s pretty, . :v:

3 Likes

Hey I deleted the post because I’m so high now and I thought I was in the wrong place :grin:… but I said that lemon skunk from 2005 ± was at another level to, a delight.

1 Like

You didn’t specify if we could take our cuts, or are we forced to go with seed?
What is the lat / long of this island we are heading to?
What is the climate like?
Those things would have to be established before I could make the choice.
If forced to pack in a frenzy and shoot from the hip, I am taking a cut of Mac1 and GMO.

I completely agree with thet, I feel guilty because so many of so good skunks have been lost forever, because they have an authentic smell, which spreads through large areas, when planting was still only outdoor, and people start moving indoor, people didn’t use/have filters, then people started looking for strains that smell weak and do not have that authentic skunk smell. Definitely everyone who smoked Skunks from that time, knows how good they were, fat and sticky, delicious, hits you just with the smelling it. Fortunately, here where I am, some growers have managed to preserve some of those old and unique strains, which take you back 10+ years, but a lot has been lost to. :v:

2 Likes

Everyone is all caught up on these skunk varieties from the 80’s the last couple of years. What everyone fails to mention about these skunks, is that while yes, they were unique and loud in the smell department, but most of them were very boring in terms of flavor, and super weak in potency especially by todays standards.

I’ll be popping some F2’s I have shortly (separately labeled “green” and “purple”, I got them from Dman after there was no packs left so have no clue what parents were used/selected for or what to expect) and will use the males to make a back cross with #5, as well as an selective open pollination on lower buds to try a mass selection approach using post harvest selection on the females. If my timings on point I’ll also hit a clone of #5 with GA3 to try and reverse it so I can use the pollen to make an S1 version of #5 as well as hit the F2 girls for a modern take on mass selection breeding. Suffice to say I’ll have lots of seeds that’ll need testing lol.

2 Likes

@SubSoilSelections Hmm Those who have try them, know what I’m talking about, the fact that instead of 20–30%THC, they have around 7-16%THC, less or more, it means absolutely nothing to me, if the strain has a good high that suits me, it doesn’t even matter if it has 5%, as long as it gives me pleasure, will always be my choice. You said that people don’t mention that they don’t have rich flavors profile, I personally love different flavors so I’m cool with that, but lately people only talk about potency, potency, potency, and flavore, flavore, but what everyone fails to mention, is that high it’s the most important thing, if you have a 40% thc with the most delicious flavors, if thet high just screw you up for the next few hours… I hope you won’t take this as an insult, I just really think it is, and after all, TASTE SHOULD NEVER BE DISCUSSED, something that is good for me is bad for you, and vice versa. Good luck with your grows man. :v: :smile:

1 Like

Actually, the real most important thing, is to grow your own clean weed, and enjoy both processes. :sweat_smile: :rofl: :v:

It’s an inverse relationship; potency is on average a lot higher now compared to the days of yore but quality of effects and variety of flavours is a lot more generic due to the intense inbreeding of OG Kush, Chems and Sour D narrowing the gene pool. There use to be a lot more mediocre, unimpressive buds but also a wider range of expressions and effects with the rare pheno’s standing up to any modern cut.

The lack of diversity in the modern market is probably partly responsible for the explosion of interest in landraces now, along with the increased availability of them with IG and companies specifically catering to that niche market. There was a another burst of interest in landraces when blueberry/fruity buds dominated the market in the early 2000’s, which is when Ace seeds and such first popperd up. It’d be interesting to know if there’s actually a correlation

2 Likes

Thanks for the opportunity, really cool of you, there is nothing better than testing, such good new crosses, it will definitely be the bomb, I can’t wait to try them. :star_struck: :green_heart: :v:

1 Like

Hopefully they’re the bomb and not just bums but that’s the joy of pollen chucking lol.

1 Like

the only real skunk i tried was lemon skunk in 2005±. I am from Colombia and I thought that the only thing that existed in the world was that weed brick full of seeds, back in the late 80s, I had no idea about skunk, Nl, thai, I smoked Creole, crazy grass that we call it there , the first time I saw a hybrid was in the 95± fluorescent green I did not believe that it was weed. Then I emigrated to Europe in 2000 and there is no crazy grass there, it was when I met all the modern genetics. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes I should have said weak in potency and flat and boring in the high department / experience.
Of course high and experience is just as subjective and personal just as much so as flavor, etc.
I appreciate that some have such a fascination with the old skunks. I wish them luck in their hunt, and hope that someone actually pulls it out of something someday so that we can try and put it back into a line / lines that we can improve on the boring flavor and boring high. Lol

As I already said, tastes are different and should not be discussed, and thanks for the good idea, with couple years of breeding, you can get very unique specimens. :v:.

#1 is the Ohio Deathstar cut that Ive finally aquired after a 12 year search. To this day, nothing has come close to comparison to the funky aroma and knock out stone of Deathstar. It takes what is great Sour D and amplifies it by 1000x. It was all over ohio from around 2010-2012 then completely dried up. I dont think people from this area realized how special she was. My #1 goal now that i have her is to flood the Buckeye state with that rubbery, earthy, funky, goodness.

#2 is Chocolope. I got this strain for the first time when Ohios medical program started. I wanted an energetic, daytime sativa that wouldnt have me hiding in the corner. I fell in love with this strain for its effects and its amazing earthy, fruity, taste and smell. I found a small seed in a batch last year and decided to try popping it and it grew into an absolute monster female, but ended up going hermi towards the end of flower. Id kill for the cutting they use around here.

1 Like

These would cover the bases to keep my satisfied for 5 years.

DBMH…AKA N.E.M Mango Haze x OGK) x Sour Dubble x C.banana

Destiny… White Truffle x A5haze bx x Mac

7 Likes

3 Likes