Show your animal

@SLOGrown, let me introduce ya the Most World Famouse Search&Rescue Dog : The Spanish lab TURCO. Turco was a pet dog in the North Continental African Spanish provinces. Turco was tortured n “abandonado” by their owners in streets. It was rescued by a Spanish women military soldier, Cristina Plaza, who trained it in Spanish ARCON Search&Rescue method…The rest is History: Turco was honored like National Hero by Haiti Goverment for being the more human lifes keeper durin the famouse eathquake… In Spanish, excuse… Ya can see how fast is ARCON S&R Spanish method…
Btw, USA army dog usef i Bin Laden death was trained with a Spanish method:CogEmo.@Stonervet68, If ya worked with dogs maybe it interest ya… I know in Explosive Search dog works with “pasive signal way”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocdg-mP0j9g

6 Likes

18 Likes

It looks like an Spanish Alano or a Canary Dogo, @Mrhaze… Handsome…

2 Likes

Thanks she’s a pit mastiff only 1 year old

2 Likes

Spanish Alano was imported by British to obtain the “pitbull for fight”. TORO (ya can look in wikipedia) was the most famouse… But is a " very hard" blood línea… Btw, Im against Dog fights.
Spanish Alano is in the origens toó of Canary Dogo, Bóxer, Argentine Dogo, Cimarrón Uruguay Dogo, Brazil Fila Mastiff…
It was the " Conquistadores War Dog" toó, very famouse in América Discovery wars… Is a police dog toó…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MT0iVlziwGM

4 Likes

This is a female young bitch of Spanish Alano being intro to European RCI (a sport here):
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNy-6mlL4Vs

3 Likes

Awesome dogs MiG interesting vid I’m going to read up a bit more and yes look very much the same✌🏻️

2 Likes

They are very strong and powerful dogs great with kids family and other dogs make a excellent guard dog but get a lot of bad reputation for the wrong reasons

3 Likes

Im afraid their bad reputación (of the Pit Bull “for fight” bloodlines is truth, not a legend, cos in UK n latter USA, the powerfull “game instic” to shepher wild bulls (imposible without dogs&horses) n to protect the owner of this blood line have been derived to fight against others dogs… Sad but true, @Mrhaze

2 Likes

Unfortunately i am familiar with dog fighting being raised in the south. In my experience most fighting dogs are game for animals but if they attack a human they are put down. When you fight dogs i wash your dog and you wash mine to make sure there are no poisons or drugs on the coat of each animal. "Most of the attacks on people from pit bulls actually mutts and have little “pit” blood in them. The argument that a drop of “pit” blood makes them dangerous is crap and naive. This is a sore spot for me, i have rescued and raised a few Pitbull mixes that were refused Nail clipping, washing, and kenneling because there heads were to “pit like.”

4 Likes

One of the feared.

This is lovely Maple. R.I.P.

12 Likes

My coments of Pit Bull are so generalistic becose my poor English. Pits dosent uses to be dangerous with people, their ugliest part uses be showed against other dogs. Of course, there are 1000 Pits non agresive for each agressive… Diferentes between a Pit “for fight” /from pet are the same between an American Germán Shepher to pet/an European hard línea Checo or East Germany work Germán Shepher…
Human selection is the guilty of being fighting Pits, no Pits of course…

5 Likes

I realized my comment was a bit aggressive MiG. I apologize for that, I got nothing but respect for you. You have been nothing but kind to me my friend.

1 Like

Oh, never mind @ryasco. Sure than in my basic English my arguments are full of “so much easy simplifications”… It’s a long breadin of same Pits than uses show agresivity against other dogs: in Alano Español these dogs arent used in breedin cos Alanos must work toghether, but UK n USA " Pits for fights" breeder allways chose these “anormal agresivity against other dogs” Pits in their breedin línea…

3 Likes

Ha! Ha! I Hate to inform you your “basic” english is better than a lot of the english i hear here in Salinas. I enjoy our discussions misunderstanding’s and all.

1 Like

Example: It’s a USA police test so is in English: The same diferences ya see between American pet GS an a European hard work line Mali ya can see in Pit Bulls too (to to pet/to fight)…Hope it explain better what I want say, @ryasco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaeUKy6OALQ

4 Likes

I wish more people would get their dogs and cats from High kill shelters, your pet does not have to be a purebred or have papers to be a loyal and loving companion. I wish more people would make the same choice you have. It is our fault in the first place why there are so many dogs and cats sentenced to be put to death, I am the type of person that believes when you get a pet it is for life, It is not just a piece of property to be disposed of once you tire of it.
If they would just stop with all the puppy mills and mass breeding for sales, they could make a real effort to try and get people to take in shelter animals before going out and buying that purebred! Mutts make great pets also. My favorite pet was a mutt and he was awesome. I will always love that dog…

8 Likes

A introducción to Spanish Cognitivo-Emocional (Cog Emo) for trainin dogs (to me the best n more ethic method):

2 Likes

A couple of curious chickens here.

10 Likes

One more i like.

This is Mushu and Mango. Mango is the cat.

15 Likes