Who has a BIG (like GIANT size) dog?

I think we ended up with some kind of giant mutt. At 4 months, he is 52 pounds. Vet said to expect 160-200 pounds full grown. I’m like WTF really?? Does anyone actually have a dog that big??? What am I in store for???

12 Likes

14 Likes

Wow!!! 160-200 lbs!! Savage!!! Time to renew that costco membership, eh…lol. Gonna be burning through food!

7 Likes

You have no idea how jittery I am about something that big. Atleast he is an incredible animal. He is actually a some kind of wild dog, my damn kids plucked from the mother …they thought they were dropped off :face_with_raised_eyebrow: man was I pissed…lol. But of course, I love the shit out of him now.

5 Likes

This is him and his sister the day they snatched them…lol. The female is a bitch of a dog, kids have her. Nasty attitude, and far smaller than him. He is a happy go lucky block head of a dog​:joy::rofl:

10 Likes

We need a bigger bed. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

i had family with two english mastiffs. they were over 200 pounds, probably more like 220. females too, males would have probably been larger. they weren’t dogs they were horses. they drooled a lot, their tails wagging can hurt you if you’re not careful, lol. they loved whole carrots as snacks. both died at about 10 years or so.

5 Likes

I really didn’t know a dog got that big. I thought the vet was bullshiting me at first.

4 Likes

see how big their paws are, if they’re big that might also clue you in to how big the dog might get. and good luck keeping your bed now that you’ve let it on there. it will end up being the dogs bed, lol.

3 Likes

He has freaking huge feet, like bear claws. Literally…lol

7 Likes

Almost covers my entire hand, if he spreads them they are larger than my hand.

1 Like

7 Likes

6 Likes

Huge indeed! Beautiful.

Big, but not giant. My Teva was only about 110lb. Rhodesian Ridgeback.
She was such a sweety.

16 Likes

That is a great pic!!

3 Likes

Ghost is a cat, but he thinks he’s a big dog

7 Likes

Had a Pyrenees cross that was probably 120 in her prime… Big White & merle floofball.

Oh they can get bigger still :slight_smile: Go look up caucasian ovcharka - they’re over 200lbs usually.

2 Likes

I have 3 Cane Corso’s. The male and the female are right good size. I had 2 Presa Canario’s before. The male was freaking huge and the female wasn’t no slouch either :v:t4:

3 Likes

I prefer big dogs. I have had 5 St. Bernards over the years.
Unfortunately. they have shorter lifespans.

This is my buddy Lowell as a puppy. He was 205lbs all grown up…what fun! I miss him

23 Likes

My daughter’s boyfriends dog which stayed with us for 18 months is a Bernice mountain dog. Lovely dog but the hair and drool he left every where was a nightmare, he was 120 lbs and could remove everything from the coffee table with one wag of the tail lol.

12 Likes