Plant (dog) Breeders Rights?

https://www.inspection.gc.ca/plant-health/plant-breeders-rights/eng/1299169386050/1299169455265

One variety – one name

If a variety has been protected, or if an application for protection has been filed, in another country, the variety denomination in Canada must be the same as the denomination in the other country(ies). If the variety is not protected in another country but is being marketed or is known by a particular denomination in that country, that same denomination must be used if the variety is protected in Canada. (who’s protected) Scobie Do?

What is the difference between pedigree and purebred?

Different people or organizations (who’s organization…gov) have their own definitions of pedigree dogs. … Some people use the terms pedigree and purebred interchangeably (as we do here) but to others, purebred means the animal’s parents are of the same breed, whereas pedigree means its breeding history has been recorded.

What does it mean for a dog to be registered?

An American Kennel Club (AKC) Registered Dog is a dog whose owner has submitted an application and received approval through a registration certificate from the American Kennel Club. … According to the AKC, "A purebred dog is eligible for AKC registration if its litter has been registered . (verified)

Isn’t that interesting…American Kannabis Club. Someone needs to set that up before someone else does. Make it different and people will remember it…lots of “pure breeds” around here.

Purebreds, also called purebreeds, are cultivated varieties or cultivars of an animal species, achieved through the process of selective breeding. When the lineage of a purebred animal is “recorded”, that animal is said to be pedigreed (value).

This is gonna be a bit of a rant bear with me here. The genetics i bought were from the oldest seed bank back that we started recording documenting genetics…like before the bible.

Dutch company Sensi Seeds, the world’s oldest and most respected cannabis seed bank, pays official homage to Michka Seeliger-Chatelain with their latest sativa seed strain Michka®.
Through her significant impact in in the cannabis community, Michka, has become known as the Grande Dame of cannabis.

Do you think if they were breeding dogs they would be keeping track of the puppies? I would be unless they were nurtured (feminized).

Is Overgrow the new “puppy” pound that keeps track of the mutt’s? If you say you got a NL or Bubblegum how far back do you have pedigree? Which kennel did it come from? Which kennels are respected and valued for say a family pet show dog or a working dog?

and i guess the big pink elephant in the room…do we want the government holding genetics??

Where did those puppies come from?? Pedigree please?

• 1st Cup 1988 - Skunk #1 from Cultivator’s Choice
  • 2nd Cup 1989 - Early Pearl/Skunk #1 x Northern Lights #5/Haze from the Seed Bank, Snocap by David Swenson
  • 3rd Cup 1990 - Northern Lights #5 from the Seed Bank (please see discussion page before attempting to change this entry)
  • 4th Cup 1991 - Skunk from Free City
  • 5th Cup 1992 - Haze x Skunk #1 from Homegrown Fantasy (High Time’s Cannabis Cup Winner Master Kush = Hindu Kush X Skunk #1)

Mexican peon leading burro up winding trail on jungle-covered volcanic mountain, a fruity-authoritative Encyclopædia Britannica voice over: “In the high country of Mexico evolved a savoury strain of marijuana which came to be known as Acapulco Gold in the days of the contraband trade.” Cut to same peon cutting a stand of marijuana with a sickle and loading it onto burro: “Prized for its superior flavour and properties, Acapulco Gold was available only to the favoured few due to its rarity and…” Roll to border patrolman frisking unsavoury Pancho Villa type Mexican: “the difficulties involved in importation.” Aerial view of huge field of geometrically-rowed marijuana: "But now the finest strain of Mexican seeds, combined with American agricultural skill and carefully controlled growing conditions, produce a pure strain of marijuana unequalled in flavour, mildness…and relaxing properties. Now available in thirty-seven states: (Cut to close-up of red and gold Acapulco Golds pack.) Acapulco Golds, America’s premium quality marijuana cigarette—and, of course, totally noncarcinogenic!225px-Acapulco_Golds_mockup_pack

THE STRUGGLE IS REAL

5 Likes

done by phylos , they are the ones trying to keep track and are collecting genetics , they say they dint but with any viable sample you can do plant culture and done you acquired the strain that that are registering

1 Like

DNA Genetics is also very proud of their new partnership with Canadian Licensed Medical Producers, Tweed in Ontario, Canada and i wonder who else???

2 Likes

And like most kennel clubs, after nine generations of line breeding the give you purple ribbon status. I’m following you on this, imagine a green ribbon status

4 Likes

Many of the top seed companies in the industry will often use DNA Genetics within their breeding programs because the selections over the years have been proven to be what the public wants. This prevalence and exposure for the DNA brand is further highlighted by our online platforms and social media where our increasing fanbase continues to grow in an organic and natural progression…my ass organic!!!

Overgrow has been building a solid reputation for having access to legit and verified grower-approved strains that just about every grower would love to add to their garden…I think pedigree is important. So do they…

2 Likes

Some of Bodhi’s most popular strains include the Goji OG, Sunshine Daydream, Sunshine #4, Snow Lotus and Red-Eye Jedi, but there are so many more we could name. If you don’t have any Bodhi Seeds in your seed vault, mother-plant quiver or personal head-stash grow, you’re definitely missing out.

You got DNA (mind virus) verified confirmed genetics of that exact strain??? Paperwork…fuck could you imagine that with complete and total control over chain and custody of that?

If it wasn’t for the man known as “Backwood County Grower” (my uncle) somewhere up in NorCal with the original F1 seed stock of the Alien line (straight from the person who sourced it from Afghanistan), many seed companies wouldn’t be where they are today. Truth…stranger than fiction!

2 Likes

OK, you are creeping me out now - your Acapulco Gold commercial script has an strong professional ring to it but I sense an underlying darkness to this discussion.

I have a ‘cringy’ feeling a rat would have while making eye contact with a cobra (maybe it is the Sativa but I don’t think so).

Lead on Macduff, you have my attention.

G

its all very sinister…really! How many plants could be counted as rare or all sharing the same ancestors? Can you patent a genome? Who was doing all the breeding LEGALLY OH and pumping out seeds like crazy. Who has the oldest plant/plants on the planet rarest genome…unknown relatives?? Who owns those genetics…no one knows?

Who has the oldest plant here?? Wonder hey…

How do you define a species?

A species is often defined as a group of individuals that actually or potentially interbreed in nature. In this sense, a species is the biggest gene pool possible under natural conditions.

1 Like

Yes but the akc ruined alot of dogs with their standards.

4 Likes

As of a couple yrs ago there was one strain in Canada for which a guy had breeders rights.

I forget the strain, was something i never heard of lol

There are stipulations to get breeders rights, plants have to be something like 90% heterozygous??(might be the wrong term, they all have to grow the same)

2 Likes

Like Pitbulls…they’re staffshire terrier :man_facepalming:t5:

3 Likes

Like anything they lay their hands.
I used to raise Boykin spaniels, the Boykin society had standards already in place.
Now akc blew them up.

2 Likes

Right, I raise Pitbulls, I register mine with adba. Because of akc classes them as staff.:flushed:…definitely a different standard.

4 Likes

Dont know what a John Wayne red nose is…lol. but I have hemphill/clouse old family reds. And other bloodlines. All of my dogs are registered. And will be.

3 Likes

Gatormouth. .is not a bloodline…long spread misinformation from people who dont know any better. There is a gator/ hammonds/plumbers aligator bloodline. Razor edge are bully breed not what real apbt owners call a apbt. Red nose is a term misused…just about any bloodline apbt can produce a red nose. Old family reds/rednose is also a term to describe a particular set of dogs that were kept In the old country. By the OLD FAMILY. Which is Ireland…they were imported here from the old country and were kept pure of other families of apbt…(english import) in results of continual inbreeding…ressesive Gene’s appear… red dogs…with amber/yellow eyes, red nose, black toenail…all ressesive traits arose from generations of inbreeding. :v:t5:

5 Likes

Ole Bubba K would love a red nose girlfriend :wink:

6 Likes

Red is ressesive to everything but white.:wink:.

…ped…I ownsd the mom. The pic is of my Male from the litter.http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=678772

4 Likes

or what they did to the GSD Showline. now they look like frogs and have hip problems.

1 Like

I have three pits myself ,all adba registered. Two are almost pure watchdog bloodline from before they were bred into a bully line. The other is half watchdog half Castillo (ofrn), the Castillo dog that was the mother of my dog was from a long line of purple ribbon grand champions. We showed her in the ukc and she got 2nd best puppy and 2nd best over all female. I’ve had pits my whole life and probably will for the rest of it. Dogs can be expensive the two watchdogs were around $1000 each plus the plane ticket from back east. The Castillo dog was $1500 plus a 18hr round trip to pick up.
Watchdog male

Watchdog female ( the one on the right)

Castillo female

The Castillo and watchdog puppy

4 Likes

Watchdog before bully was jocko crosses right. When they were still game bred

1 Like