Show Your Best Yard Sale Finds

Title stands for itself

For those addicted to yard sales and auctions flea markets bazaars please show us
your best unique or weird or special yard sale finds you bought.

I found this at a farmers barn sale tucked in a wooden glass milk bottle crate…

My 1964 Octopuses Light Fully Detailed suction cups

I paid $6.00 lol

26 Likes

I don’t shop yard sales.

Then I guess this threads not for you :wink:

5 Likes

Found these in a garbage room of a building I was a cleaner in. Cartoon boxes for Chinese smokes, there great I use them for my more important junk drawer items.

5 Likes

I don’t have a pic, but my kids like to paint hot wheels custom colors. We found a $300 air brush along with a proper 1970s Craftsman air compressor to run it. We paid $3 total
It puts the $150 Amazon set up we had to shame. If you don’t yard sale then you’re missing out man!

8 Likes

I don’t either. I don’t have the patience. I keep liking I am going to do one, But I don’t have the patience to get it together

:green_heart: :seedling:.

2 Likes

WELL :thinking: I am Never going to tell or mention that this might not be the thread for you but your a Beautiful Person whom this old Italian would never ask to leave or be rude to <3~~}}~~~ lol :relaxed: :kissing_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Just saying you all are more patient than me. I a friend of ours did the sales compulsively. It was amazing some of the things he came home with.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

I never enjoyed looking at others stuff but my allsortsoftings ebay biz I built for my wife has blossomed with many finds from others lol

I like to look to find train parts to rebuild old trains… plus to I try to ask the woman if they made any sandwiches or cold lemonade…

I suppose putting my extra clones out on the “for sale” table probably wouldn’t be wise… LoL.

3 Likes

6 Bucks?
You stole that!!

:rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

Odd this thread should pop at this time. I’ve recently made out pretty good at some yard sales. Got a pretty new looking sawzall for $10 the other day, a Skilsaw and a circular saw for $11.

Then yesterday I saw one with tools on marketplace and took a ride out. Turns out they were telling people to take whatever they wanted and make any donation they could to a venmo that was going towards an organ donor charity. There was a ton of stuff but no tools or anything so I told them I’d bring my GF by later. When I told them what time she got off work they said “by then help yourself to anything that’s left, we’re just going to leave it out for anyone who wants stuff and it’s going to rain tonight”. It started raining while we there so it went from picking to a rescue but we got a bunch of stuff and made a nice donation.

2 Likes

I live in a very “modern” apartment and felt it was important to fill it with interesting pieces so it doesn’t look like an ikea showroom

And useful too

“You put your concentrates in there🤫”

Yard sales estates sales kijiji flea markets I love them all

5 Likes

Fishing stuff galore! I have a few old split cane rods worth thousands, some old reels, tackle etc. I’m a die hard yard saler in the summers. Found many an amazing find over the years! @HashstasH that light is gold! Absolute gold I love it!

Half the stuff I’ve owned in my life has been from yard sales lol. My old man used to garage sale then flip the stuff at the fleamarket

like lionels or you got a full size train in your backyard? lol

I remember being at houses as a kid where the dads were suuper into trains and had crazy setups. good times.

Why I bought this AM radio? Just looked too nice. $85, way above I usually pay for stuff but the thing was overhauled electronically and the finishing and new grill cloth really sets it apart.

And at the other end of the spectrum, a radio/record player.

This one I bought because I wanted to convert it into a guitar amplifier. When I got there the thing was playing, just one little chip in the back corner otherwise it almost looks like the day it was sold. I do not have the heart to gut it, even if it was only $10.

Heck, one more. Missing speaker, got it for half price, $12.50. The radio section flips out and there is a turntable under the lid. Not that anyone would treat their records to these old styluses.

7 Likes

While it’s still on my mind I got this levitating one legged table off kijiji for basically nothing (if that counts as a virtual yard sale).

I painted it green.

4 Likes

that’s some bad arse stuff lol very cool…

1 Like

A couple of my fav snags

3 Likes