Shrooms on the farm

Once I get my dehydrator tomorrow and get these baddies cured I’m definitely down to trade for seeds. I am struggling to get anything good in FL just arriving with these new bullshit laws. I’m from Cali. Then alaska. Then Colorado. And Washington then oregon. Never been in a state where it’s illegal. If I knew it was gona be like this I would have brought seeds!

5 Likes

Man I’m jealous! There’s many things to check off to make sure they’re cubes, but most of them look like it to me. Those really big ones I’d really double check first, I haven’t seen them that big lol

3 Likes

Man if you’re willing and able to, please make a spore print! I’d love to try my hands at a wild collected FL strain. Too bad you’re not set up to take clone cultures :sweat_smile:

I’d definitely post these pics over on shroomery for identifying. They may want some better pics of specific parts. If they’re still growing, you can hopefully get check out all the key features before eating them.

4 Likes

Just get an xacto knife and trim the bottoms of em with any shit still there, clean shroom is a happy shroom that don’t upset the stomach

3 Likes
3 Likes

Wow! I’d love to get a print/culture of one of those giants :laughing:.

2 Likes

So I’m cleaning them all. Will post one more pic with the final trimmed batch. Dry them tomorrow. Also. I’m definitely eating this one in the photo. For science. Will report back soon

6 Likes

Hey, you alive and well? How was the experience?
Any chance I can get a spore print from you? I’d love to try some wild genetics

2 Likes

So after last night I ate two fresh shroomies and they were delicious! They had almost no flavor and i felt a mellow body high and head high right away. about an hour later I watched Beverly Hills Ninja and the colors were poppin! I haven’t had any mind benders in years only color and mood enhancing shrooms that were rather vibrant and fun. These felt a lot like those. I imagine after I get my dehydrator today and get them cured they will get stronger once dried? I will probably take twice as many next time. Also after cleaning them I am positive they are all psychoactive. They all had blue bruising on the stems after trimming/cleaning off manure. So a lot of people are asking for Spore Prints, how is that done and what is the best method to ship so that I can share once I get settled in the trailer on the ranch. Here are some pictures of the stash I picked up in about one hour. If you want to follow my thread I am posting regularly in my online grow journal. I am putting together a reefer on the ranch with a few partners. It’s turning out to be quite the adventure and I can always use some extra advice as we are all new to the industry and I just moved to Florida so I am especially new to the area and climate. Thanks OG Fans for reading :slight_smile: Here is that link:
Up and coming Florida Grow Op! - Overgrow.com

11 Likes

I did exactly that @AzSeaindooin420 thanks for the advice they look great!

3 Likes

They’re shroom for shroom (not weight) the fresh ones are more potent.

1 Like

So few things I’ll help clear up.
Shrooms are 90% water weight. So 280 grams wet will typically be your Oz dry.
Heat, light, and oxygen degrade the psilocybin so when using a dehydrator, try to use the lowest heat setting possible and keep em stored in a dark fridge for longest shelf life of about a year
Shroom are most potent fresh and psilocybin to weight is always gonna the greatest right when the veil starts to break

STERILE spore prints require a glove box to accomplish, you would put the caps, shot glasses ,and foil into the box, cloud it up with lysol neutra air, let it settle for 10 min then u would take your alcohol pads and wipe down the foil and shot glasses in the box, let the alcohol evaporate off the foil then place your cap on the foil and cover with the shot glass overnight
Next day you will boil some water and fill the syringe while the water is boiling hot, then place it in the fridge till cold, place the syringe into the glove box and refog with lysol, let settle and now your ready to work. Lift your shot glass and flip it over so u can fill it, take the syringe and spray the foil down letting the runoff fall into the shot glass and is ok to use the needle to scrape off, do this till you feel you got majority of the print cleaned off the foil and then finally suck up everything in the shot glass and you should have a sterile spore syringe ready to innoculate and will likely be an extremely dark syringe from a full healthy print. They are ready to use or safely ship at that point

I grew bulk for 7 years using birdseed and horse shit with a 600 jar and 100 monotub workshop, if I can’t answer any question u throw at me about em then better call Roger rabbit cuz he’s probably the main guy that’s got me beat on the knowledge of em

10 Likes

What about age. When is the most potent time to eat for the best “trip” when they are young. Middle age. Or older? I’ve heard they are most potent before dropping spores. Sorry I am new to fungus so I am reading like crazy to learn as much as I can…

Right there, everything I’ve read agrees with that. After the veil breaks, they do get bigger but not more potent as the caps flatten out or even get wavy.

1 Like

Age doesn’t matter for the shrooms itself persay but the mycelium cultures do get stronger as the culture “matures” through its life so things do get more resilient and typically will show a more consistent potency over time when artificially growing, some of my best cultures i held onto for several years keeping my gnarly isolates alive through grain to grain transfers, but generall5 just like cannabis it comes down to genetics and those spores are millions of random genetics that arent gonna typically mirror the “parent” it came from in terms of potency. What that means is you can eat a shroom off the same paddy one may get you high as a kite and one off the other side u may not feel a thing, in growing vs nature we find that potent shroom/culture and we isolate it either with grain to grain transfers in the jarred spawn or with a tissue culture out of a mushroom, out there hunting ur luck of the draw of what nature provided

The blue/purple bruising is the psilocybin oxidizing and is always a good tell-tale of the presence of the alkaloids. In really gnarly isolates I was getting that bruising appearing even in my mycelium jars and when the shrooms got picked I could give a full hand squeeze on a shroom and there would be no white left to thing just blue/purple/black, I was personally afraid to eat more than a gram of mine and watched many people I sold to eat a half Oz all at once like damn…hope u survive… haha

So the “veil” I’m referring to is that thin white membrane that is on the bottom of the cap as the cap enlarges and starts to open that rips and anytime after that ripping is when spores will start to drop, right when that starts to tear open is when the mushroom will stop producing more psychoactives and from a grower standpoint will provide nothing more but additional weight letting them continue to open
Admittedly when I was growing since I had such a gnarly isolate I let mine continue to full maturity till the caps were completely taco’d up and the bin was black from the spores to essentially try to dilute them down, made great bag appeal though cuz they “looked like they were gonna fuck ya up” people I sold to words not mine haha

5 Likes

So this is one of my tubs I grew, this would be most potent pickings

This was leaving it till the next day for extra weight, same tub

And this was my typical stack doing once or twice a week sweeps in my grow basement. I sure don’t miss sitting there with an xacto knife trimming lbs of shrooms at a time, once picked time played no favors either cuz they trimmed away easiest and cleanest still full moisture, once they start to dry they get tough and didn’t slice as easy. Was always worth doing the work though cuz I was constantly getting compliments they didn’t bother anyone’s stomach

5 Likes

Dude thanks so much good information. I have been reading nonstop since yesterday about all the shit you’ve mentioned. I am really going to spend some time foraging and building a nice collection. I already got those bitches in the dehydrator, so I’ll take spore prints next time I go which is tomorrow. I did however see a lot of prints on the sheet tray I transferred them onto which I photographed to show you. After trimming the stems off the extra-large ones to fit in the dehydrator I noticed all the cut stems points had turned very blue. I photographed that to show you as well.

3 Likes

Those are definitely some healthy ones, u can visually see the difference in potency with some being more white than the gnarly ones

That’s definitely great examples of nice healthy dark prints which as u seen only takes overnight, unfortunately since those have been exposed to open air they aren’t gonna be sterile or usable in artificial growing so don’t bother trying to save em

When growing shroom artificially biggest thing to remember is its a microscopic warfare and spores for molds and fungus are everywhere that like to grow in the same conditions so your isolating the mushroom culture before anything else can take a grab which means truly sterile is a must for inoculation and a live culture has a headstart shot transferring to a pasteurized medium (pasteurized medium is something like horseshit but has been heated between the Temps of 140-180 degrees with 140-160 side being most beneficial that happens naturally in a field but have to cook if doing indoors) a pasteurized medium allows good microbes to florish and stop new spores from starting but allows a live culture of something to have a window to take the grasp which give the mycelium a chance to colonize and own the medium

2 Likes

I don’t even like eating mushrooms, but they have facinated me and I dove head first into mycology a few months back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. The science and methods to grow them and a bunch of different mushrooms really got my geek side going hehe.

If you happen to come across an albino or leucitic I’d definitely want a print of that. The other identifying features will be the same, just very light colored or white :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I miss growing shrooms.

My drying process involved an air tight chanmber where there was a mesh shelf holding the fruit with another below it holding calcium chloride.

The calcium chloride pulled the water from the environment and forced it to pool at the base of the container. I’d drain this daily until the :mushroom: 's were cracker dry and would snap if bent.

These were stored in light/air tight jars with a deccecant pack and i’d dose by weighting out a dosage which would then get ground into a powder and mixed into honey.

:smiley:

2 Likes