Shrooms on the farm

This is a great idea to do with my ounce I just found. How much honey would you mix an ounce in?

1 Like

I never made it to store it but it should work. The reason i didn’t store the honey mix is that you can’t reliably dose accurately unless you made the mushrooms into a fine powder, mixed thoroughly and then tested doses after the fact.

On the top of my head i’d suggest a 1:1 ratio of honey to powdered mushroom in order to make a “concentrate” paste that you can then dose directly or dilute in water, more honey, etc.

Let us know how it all turns out :smiley:

1 Like

Mmmm, Blue honey! I have tried this one: TV Guide: Storing Your Fungi in Honey - Feasts: Food & Drink / Tea : Mushroom Dosing & Magic Extracts - Mycotopia

2 Likes

Alright then I’m definitely grinding the ounce down and putting it in honey. Maybe not the spice mix recipe @herojuana.tom mentioned in his post but something similar. Thanks again for the suggestion. I’ll share the results afterwards. The reason I wanted to dp this is to concentrate it. They weren’t that strong after drying them. I thought the dehydrator was too hot maybe. There was no temperature setting on it. It seemed too hot maybe 160. I ate six small guys and barely felt a body high last night, they were stronger fresh after picking them. Any ideas?

1 Like

what strains did you prefer? you always read that the common psilocybin strains are all about the same potency, do you think thats true?

is myceloum psychoactive? if so how potent compared to the fruit?

i know a myco guy who would take his spend mycelium and plant it out in his yard to get more flushes. never worked for me. is this feasible?

Yes, the active ingredients break down under heat… they are heat labile and there are enzymes which become more active in heat which also contribute to the degradation. I would try to dry them slower and cooler.

2 Likes

Some people grow liquid cultured mycelium and never fruit it out. The mycelium IS active. Here is a book from 1976 outlining the process: http://permabox.ressources-permaculture.fr/3-PRODUCTION---SAVOIR-FAIRE-ET-TECHNIQUES/CULTIVER/CHAMPIGNONS/English-docs/The.psilocybin.producers.guide.-.gottlieb.22p.pdf

1 Like

I checked around online saw a few recommended temperatures but nothing concrete. So I don’t want to waste a bunch of honey I might just grind it and dose powder to see if it’s even viable anymore. Next time I’ll definitely cure them much slower with less heat.

1 Like

Honestly golden teacher was my favorite trip, but b+ was my heaviest fruiter.
That’s like saying all weed is the same potency, Def not true and still takes the work sifting through the genetics and finding your gnarly ass isolate

Yes it can be psychoactive but I wouldn’t want to be chomping the birdseed or horse shit for the experience

Depending on climate it’s possible, out here in AZ with no humidity they wouldn’t stand a chance but in Oregon or Florida they would likely thrive

2 Likes

EEEP! Yeah that may have “cooked out” some of the active magic. This is why I mentioned the desiccant method above.

Looks like this:

I grew Amazonian Cubensis exclusively for divination. A friend that loved freebasing DMT told me my shrooms were too strong. I took it as he meant it: a compliment :rofl:

1 Like

Just goes back to the whole what nature offers with the swinging potency, this is why we did isolates when we found the potent genetics so every shroom in the batch is consistent, totally expected the whole some shrooms were stronger than others in that pile since the wild culture isn’t an isolate and not uncommon to have one rock ur world and another not do a thing

If ur using the Oster Walmart dehydrater then even though it kicks out heat it does the job just fine and dried out well over a hundred lbs in those without beating up potency so I don’t think that’s to blame, not being an isolate is where I’m throwing my chips in the basket

If u want to do extractions and concentrate it to put into capsules then u can do everclear soak for a week then the last day put it all on the stove on lowest heat setting for 18-24 hours, strain out the shrooms and evaporate the alcohol on a glass tray and razor up what’s left behind and u can freebase it or capsule it. It was a fun experiment I tried about a decade ago and works lol

3 Likes

The Amazonian I grew out and isolated my prized culture were 100% visual, no body or mind with it so I could see a divine experience with those ones

2 Likes

lol good stuff, thanks. a friend and i gnawed on a rye bag once and couldnt get enough into us to get high lol

1 Like

How did things go getting everything dried? Were u able to put together some sterile prints?

1 Like

To answer all the questions… The dehydrator definitely killed the shroomies. They were all duds, about to ounces I had to throw away. I ate about 60 that did nothing out of pure disbelief LOL. Later in the week I picked another 2.26 ounces (weight after drying) THEN tried to remove the heater from the dehydrator to use without heat and broke it. so settled with drying on dehydrator racks with the ceiling fan on full blast in the guest room. They came out PERFECT. Ground them all up to make “blue honey” this was the result. Super sweet, honey flavored with a hint of shrooms at the tail end of the flavor experience. The texture was not exactly cracker dry but they really ground up in the coffee grinder perfectly. They were dry, but had some tooth the them, and were pleasurable eating dry. I have been eating 2 grams dried whole and getting mellow effects I have yet to test the honey, was recommended to wait 1 to 4 months. I also tried to use a desiccant but didn’t have enough silicon so I used rice, and it actually made them a bit softer I couldn’t believe it! I don’t have spore prints due to rain, When collecting I got dumped on and it really made a mess of the field, all mushrooms were bruising blue from the rain drops alone. I am scheduled to move into the trailer this coming week and will have ample time to get some together. Granted they grow back again soon!

5 Likes

Very cool trial and error there bro! Thanks for taking the time to update us! Looks like u got some fun trips ahead of ya.
Kinda surprised the heat degraded the shrooms that bad I’ve dried hundreds of lbs in the Oster dehydrators from Walmart and watched 5 ppl trip off a split up 8th for 12 hours that came out of it just fine, but I only had to leave em in there for 12-24 hours and they were crunchy

1 Like

I’ve had one of those oster dehydrator racks actually melt on me, they must have great quality control. I now have one of the 10 rack stainless dehydrator. Digital temp control, dishwasher safe(removable fan and coil). It’s worth it when you use it often, I dehydrate jerky, mangos, and super hot peppers mostly.

Great job on your batch of honey @VenusFL
Looking forward to you getting your grow started.

2 Likes

Well I was growing back in 07-14, wouldn’t be surprised if the units got cheaper and shittier in the 8 years I’ve been out the game, they only lasted 6 months even then haha

1 Like

Oh shoot the one I had was probably 12yrs ago. So maybe 2010 version. It was junk. Lol.

1 Like

Not much to expect for 29.95 from wally world haha

1 Like