Sick plant? I want to act now!

Hi guys! New to both the forum and the growing world.
First some info:

Soil Growers:

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seeds
  2. How old are your plants? 12-13days
  3. How tall are your plants? ~10cm/4”
  4. What size containers are they planted in? 8L/2gal
  5. What is your soil mix? BioBiz Light Mix
  6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Tap water (180ppm, pH 7) once every 2-3 days when
  7. What is the pH of your water? pH 7
  8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Not using yet
  9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? No, used to spray them with water to keep RH high in days 1-7
  10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 125W LED set on 60-70%
  11. How close are your lights to the plants? 40cm/1’4”
  12. What size is your grow space in square feet? 2.25sqft
  13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? T: 20-26°C Avg RH 60%
  14. What is the pH of the soil? Don’t know
  15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? No
  16. How much experience do you have growing? No experience

The plant on the right has some weird curled leaves. They just seem to grow crooked.

This one seedling was a bit leggy, if that has to do something with it.
(I can add better fotos later)

3 Likes

Ph 7 water is too high for cannabis in soil. You’ll get lockout and your plants will show deficiency at 7ph.

I tend to shoot for around 6.4 but I don’t make it the same all the time. 6.2 to 6.8 is where I like to stay.

3 Likes

I never ph in soil, you’ll just end up chasing your tail imo. The microbes at the root level will buffer the ph if the soil is active.

3 Likes

They look fine to me. Keep an eye on that one with the curled-down leaves - it can be a sign of problems, but can also just be genetics. If it seems to actually be growing slower than the others, or if leaves start dying, that’s a good sign something’s wrong. Otherwise, apply this miracle plant tonic liberally:

9 Likes

I’m with cormoran. They look just fine to me right now. Especially at 2 weeks old. Litfa is the way. Though you may want to look into something to pH your water. While microbes can buffer things, it helps if you don’t force them to and just feed in a range they enjoy. Others are using biobiz and their nutrients with success, but there have been folks with a few complaints lately so stay aware. I can’t recall who all used it at the moment but you’ll find em. They look good though. Welcome :pray:t2: and goodluck.

3 Likes

Wow what a welcome! Thanks for the input!
Would lemon juice be fine to get that pH soightly down?

I am about to start to feed them with the Tripart nutrients from Terra Aquatica. Was thinking to give them a 25% dose at first.

Here some better pictures of the „problem“

3 Likes

3 Likes

Get some general hydroponics ph up and down, it’s way easier.

They look ok, look like they need a good water. don’t try and dribble water around the root zone and leave the rest dry… water them until all the soil is evenly wet.
i wouldn’t mess with the pH… biobizz light mix is pretty solid.
VG

2 Likes

Definitely scared of overwatering!
Allright… will soak them!

and then let them dry out a bit between waterings… but just until damp, not bone dry.
Soil should drain well enough to avoid overwatering… don’t let them sit in a puddle too long though.

2 Likes

They look good, my friend. Keep doing what you’re doing. You’ve got a good handle on it! Experience is the best teacher.

2 Likes

If you put your pots on a rack it’s hard to over water
With fabric pots, it can be done but ya have to try.

Fill a pot with soil, pick it up get a feel for its weight .
Then pick you plants up after ya watered
See how they feel.
You see in the first time you do where you need to be.
If the bag deform the soil is wet wet, but should drip out on a rack.

As Temps go up, so does evaporation
In winter I water maybe 2 times a week
Summer can be 4 times

IMHO they look a tad dry
Other than that they look good.
Like folks said water with ph adjusted water
And start to feed them lightly
Fish emulsions has always worked good for me in veg.
Good luck.

1 Like

Quick update. 2 look good, 1 less.
What do you think?

The leaves of this one are droopy.
Gave each one 1.5l water on sunday.

your media is good, and you’re in fabric pots. worry about under-watering, not over.

worry less.

2 Likes

So…even more water for those girls? Still waiting for my pH down. Tested tap water today and it was almost 8…

Couldn’t agree more!

+10

3 Likes

Thank you so much guys.

What do you you think about watering shortly before light off?

No, watering an hour after the light comes on is preferable. Like they say, a good breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

In veg a little under watering is not the end of the world, but it certainly will be the end of the world during flowering.

To put it frank: they are a lickle forgiving during veg, but they are hateful bitches during flowering. Underwater them once and they will surely punish you in the end if not sooner. Take heed of that pal!

2 Likes

Maybe what you have is Nitrogen excess, I see some clawing and crinkle leaves, check this … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes