SINGLE-POST GROWS (ft. Bodhi, Doc’s Magic Spirit, & OG members)

Smart Move

(genius thai x omg)

Total female plants: two in one gallon pots.

Report:

Another victim to the great damp I had a few months ago. An entire pack gone except for two females.

One of the tastiest (flavor lingers in your lips) I have ever smoked/vaped (alongside with Ethos’ potency-lacking yet tasty Apex).

I had to cut both of them early due to botrytis. It has a fat, spongy-but-firm (never airy) bud structure that only means trouble if you do not have proper air flow (and since im doing pack-the-whole-tent grows in 1 gal pots to pheno hunt, my air flow sucked), and surely enough in week 8 they both had botrytis in the main cola.

One was maturing much faster than the other and was practically done by week 8 (but could have easily gone to week 9 and maybe 10), the other still had white pistils and had 3 more weeks to go, so it was harder to judge.

The high is stoney, relaxing, and quite uplifting. It is gentle in the sense that it doesn’t knock you out but still keeps good potency (despite being cut early).
The smell and taste on both was fresh lemon with spearmint and bubblegum/sweet. As I said, the flavor lingers in your mouth (I mainly vape).

I wish I had another pack to go thru properly, im sure ill come across one eventually, no hurries either as I have both of them cloned.

Fact Sheet (with additional info):

Photos:

26 Likes

Babylon Buster

(dread bread x 88g13/hp)

Total female plants: one in one gallon pot.

Report:

Sturdy, chunky, solid, easy grower, and nice bag appeal. So easy it was boring - if the San Antonio Spurs were a marihuana plant, they would be this one.

The smell was never interesting while growing but after drying it did turn a bit like permanent marker with some funk to it. Its not very tasty but there is a slight funky/slightly floral/herbal flavor to it (when vaporized).

The high is daytime for sure, but strong enough not to be called functional. Not what I would describe physically energizing or mentally racy, but mentally active thru out and physically active first and then a bit relaxed. The only reason I did not grow more is that I wanted to see what Dread Bread would be like in the terpene department instead.

Btw, the nice trichome bag appeal did not appear until the lasts week or two.

Photos:

22 Likes

Haha the spurs comment had me rotflmao for real! Nicely done @the_bot

2 Likes

Everything looks great, love how you’re organizing this. That 2nd picture in the GG4 S1 x GG4 RIL looks incredible.

2 Likes

Ill be including more veg info/photos in the upcoming grow posts (specially docs crosses, pagoda, time bandits and soulmates).

4 Likes

Terpenado

(strawberry milk x wookie 15)

Total female plants: six in one gallon pots

Tons of variation in this one, which makes for an exciting ride.

Unfortunately the very last day of drying my humidifier went off and it soaked them at 70% RH for 12+ hours. it was a complete fuck up. I was able to sample each one (I take a bit and flash dry) before that fuck up and im assessing based on that (pictures of dried buds are of the samples taken before the catastrophe, all bag appeal was ruined after the soaking)

Redhead pheno: (plants 4 and 6) they both started sweet, very similar to strawberry milk side, then nearing week 7 it started changing and by week 8 both had a strong burnt tire/rubber smell. Covered in fuzzy trichomes and excess of red pistils. The high in 4 was really good, almost confusing - lowers your IQ, strong mental high with a nice body chill afterwards.

Strawberry milk pheno:: (plant 1) strawberry milk leaning pheno had a sweet/fruity smell, leaned towards strawberry milk mom. Average high, up and down.

Citric Phenos: (plants 2 and 3) were more citric leaning. below average potency.

Herbal Pheno: plant 5 smells faintly floral/herbal/fresh, high was average, up and down.

In general they were healthy plants, a bit floppy towards the end, and some of them showed sensitivity to PM whereas other strains (Spirit HP) in the tent did not.

NOTE: this tent was shared with Spirit Hashplant.

IMG_20230103_124144

BTW: if you see white residue, its milk for controlling a very mild case of PM on some.

14 Likes

Wow, pretty decent variation there, huh? That one in the back left-hand corner in the first pic didn’t stretch at all…

2 Likes

thats my bad for not labeling the pictures correctly, this tent was shared with spirit hashplant and the corner one you mention is an SHP that actually got really bad (def/bad roots) and was eventually culled.

Im about to post the Spirit report soon.

5 Likes

unfortunately i lost my HD and my cellphone within a two month span, so I lost many pictures and all of my notes. im going here by what i wrote on different threads and some written notes i had (and what i remember obviously)

GOJI OG F2 (NEPALI OG X SNOW LOTUS) (x7)

F2 by Catapult.

I had essentially two phenos on the seven plants. The ones that purpled were on the sweet side and heavy on the effect, they were also taller. the others were short and seemed to be similar to pinesoul descriptions I’ve read (although ive never had pinseoul, so cant cofirm). a bit earthy with gas and some citric tones, and the high was clear and potent.

Scent: sweet (purple pheno) citric, pine, gassy, sweet (shorter/pine pheno)

Flavor: both were sweet on the flavor, the non purple phenos were a bit citric and gassy.

Onset: the purple ones were quicker, the other were a bit creepers.

Peak effect: the pine/gassy phenos are heady and relaxing, feels a bit in the eyes but not enough to put you down, its actually an incentivizing effect . the purple phenos are heavy and will put you to sleep.

Landing: pine gassy phenos were more clear, the purple phenos would transition heavily and put you down.

Pro: potency, taste and nice peak effect on the pine/gassy phenos. the purple phenos were better yielding, but less interesting effect wise.

Cons: I had them grow nanners and heavily self pollinate on 4 plants. Ive also identified that It could have been due to a considerable light leak on that side of the tent (will grow again to check).

11 Likes

BLACK ENERGY (BLACK TRIANGLE X DRAGON ENERGY) (x5)

Had two phenos. One was gassy/savory and the other was grape/berryish. The favorite one, and apparently more dominant pheno is the gassy/savory. They grew with few hiccups, and they stretch quite a bit.

Scent: gassy, earthy, grape/berry

Flavor: gas infused with msg (think instant soup broth), and the other one was sweet.

Onset: quick acting

Peak effect: strong cerebral high for the gassy phenos, with some relaxation. And the sweeter phenos were a bit heavier.

Landing: very clear smooth transition. Sometime a bit tired but pretty much useful for any time of day.

Pro: flavor/high combination, yields well, its unique. Bud are dense all thru out.

Cons: some phenos were a bit finicky and floppy, and the most potent pheno was leafier that the others.

(I keep three cuts, one with really nice bag appeal and best taste, a bleeder, and one with the better potency - my idea is to grow all three and mix the flower lol).

15 Likes

SPIRIT HASHPLANT (GHOST OG X 88G13HP) (x4)
Very uniform, all plants were pretty much the same, they just differed in frost and leaf to calyx ratio.

Scent: earthy, herbal, citric, gas

Flavor: entirely gassy

Onset: quick acting

Peak effect: potent stoney non functional high with strong cerebral effect. It sits your ass down and there’s not much else you can do

Landing: can be exhausting, a lil dehydrating, if you smoke too much I got some headaches.

Pro: taste, potency, bud structure, yields well and showed some PM resistance.

Cons: nothing really. Im an idiot for not saving it.

I wanted to keep one, but it didn’t survive reveg. After that, I promised myself to not rely on reveg anymore.

the tent was shared with terpenado. SP are the shorter ones.

13 Likes

PAGODA (A11GF2 x APPY) (x3)

Grows like a ball, auto tops itself. plants were very similar with each other, only the faint scents changed a bit among them. Potency seemed average for two plants and one of them had a nicer/higher potency (I had a friend who grew another 2 females and said potency didn’t really make it for him).

Scent: very subtle candy sweet with chem & citric undertones.

Flavor: faintly sweet

Onset: takes about 5min or a bit longer - its a creeper.

Peak effect: Calm and strong functional cerebral high. Loses potency quite quickly after 30 minutes.

Landing: mild and long winding(40+ min). bit exhausting, its not a smooth transition

Pro: nice peak effect, grow structure is entirely apollo - pretty interesting (spreads out like it tops itself), yields well, medium density bud thru out, quick finisher.

Cons: faint flavor/aroma, mid potency, floppy (apollo known for it).

I kept one just in case, but im not sure if ill grow it again.

14 Likes

Man, that’s so weird about the Pagodas having a short-lived high. Apollo x Appy sounds really good, on paper, anyway, I guess haha. I woulda thought that that cross would turn out excellent, though. I wonder if it has something to do with the Apollo in that cross being an f2, because the Apollo f4’s I grew out all turned out pretty dang good.

Anyway, all the nugs look awesome haha!, and that’s all that matters, right??? The Ghost cross sounds interesting, too, although maybe not my favorite kinda high.

7 Likes

lol

it was really nice, Im planning on doing a full 88g13HP tent with spirit, skywalker and some other cross. i have to get the seeds first tho.

the potency peak is short lived, then it drags for a while. youre still high but it has faded considerably. its not a bad smoke, i just havent preferred it as much. On paper it sounded like a combo right up my alley, but i didnt get a sativa push from it, just a nice calm hybrid.

5 Likes

TIME BANDIT (WIFI 43 X 88G13HP) (x1)

Sometimes, I get 12 for 12 germination sometimes I get 4/12. it makes me feel sometimes i dunno what im doing lol. Out of those 4, only one was a female.

Scent: a bit muted, earthy, with a faint woody-like fragrance

Flavor: very similar to its scent, but faint. not a fan, but I don’t dislike it either.

Onset: quick

Peak effect: potent, very clear and strong cerebral high - almost no stoney effect at all (contrary to what I would have thought from the Wifi43)

Landing: clear transition, no issues going back to reality. Very functional in that sense.

Pro: potency/effect and average leaf to calyx ratio.

Cons: yielded awful, yielded a joke. I took a cut, and I will grow it a bit different, it may need a bigger pot in order to get more out of it. Ill see in the second round (its def getting re grown) how it really yields.

I dont think i have dried flower pics. if i find any and its still able to update, i will.

17 Likes

Probably so. I grew mine in seven-gallon pots and they all seemed to yield pretty well. Sometimes I weigh my harvests and sometimes I don’t; I don’t think I weighed that one, but I don’t recall thinking the yields were bad. Pretty sure each plant (four Time Bandits) filled up four pint mason jars each, for a total of sixteen jars.

3 Likes

yeah i dont even think i weighted her, she was tiny lol (dried didnt even get to half of a 16oz jar). Im thinking maybe i stunt her at one point? although i dont remember anything that could have stunt it… who knows, high was really nice, worth a second a try.

3 Likes

SOUR DIESEL (ARCHIVE CUT) X A5HAZE/THAIBX (x4)

its really good. my two keepers have been some of my favorite smoke all time. A bit leafy in some phenos, a couple threw a couple sterile nanners (nothing unmanageable, no seeds).

I had 4 plants and basically all four were physically or aromatically different. 3 of them leaned towards the sour diesel side, 1 leaned towards the haze (from what ive been able to understand and from questions i made to doc, who by the way is incredibly generous).

Plant 1. so the pheno that leaned towards haze (and needed a 12+ days more than the rest to finish) was my least favorite during the grow but it has been the plant that i have smoked the most of. it was quite leafy, smell is earthy, but it was chunky, theres really not that much to like from its structure either hahaha but it is potent, it is mentally activating, it is relaxing but not really a downer, it can be a daytime weed but not to do things that need rational thinking (dont do your taxes on this shit).

Plant 2. Then there was another pheno with a subtle sour d aroma and the nicest frost of all 4, pretty much same potency as the haze pheno, maybe a little less, but in terms of high it is the same style, maybe a tiny bit more relaxing.

Plant 3. Then there was a citric/sweet pheno that is as potent as plant 2, but without the relaxation of plant 2 and 1. it heady with a non intrusive light body buzz (what i mean by that is, it never holds you down or give off a stoney effect)

Plant 4. didnt care much, maybe not as potent as the others and was quite leafy.

Scent: hints of sour d, sweet, gassy, citric on sour d phenos and earthy on haze phenos.

Flavor: the best one had a subtle sour d/sweet/gassy taste, but wouldnt last too long.

Onset: quick

Peak effect: potent and “fast” cerebral high, mild to average relaxation.

Landing: clear transition back to reality.

Pro: potency/effect, and in some phenos taste.

Cons: leafy in general and higher variation.

18 Likes

Sounds good! You’re the second person I’ve heard from who’s been very high (no pun intended) on these. I may have to plant some next round, although the nanners thing makes me slightly apprehensive. I’m not the most observant grower…

4 Likes

they were towards the end of flower, sterile and i only found a couple. could have been a “ripening” thing.

im flowering it again right now.

2 Likes