Snails? 🐌 what’s your take on these mollusks

Have you had snails? If so what was the outcome? Was there anything that you noticed to cause them, and when there did they hurt or help? May have found one or two towards the tops today but am unsure. Looked under a jewelry micro and it looks like a empty shell perhaps? Maybe something else but it makes a conical teardrop and was lightly attached to the plants. It was amberish brown resembled a fly off sticker (the small brown smooth pieces that tend to curl) I piece from a pine cone (if you catch my drift) but much much smaller. Will update as I continue to look, and thank those who have input.

Could you upload a pic? Snails eat plants and leave behind some sort of sludge pathway. They appear in rainy and humid conditios, I use Diathomea Earth and small balls of pesticide they eat to kill them, not a good company … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

No sludge will get a pick when I go back. It’s very very small. Almost would have missed it if I wasn’t poking around. From having salt and fresh water tanks it looks like a snail casing to me. But then again it may not be. I’ve used copper in tanks. Don’t know how plants would take it.

Everything’s looking healthy from before I found that when I went to leave.

3 Likes

There are beneficial predatory snails , I’d look into identifying what you have before you get rid of something that is possibly beneficial. The predatory snails hunt and kill the plant eating snails.

2 Likes

Maybe a small Pupa (worms form them to turn in moths and butterflies)

Temporary respite per op.