SNL (did it jump the great white - over the summer break?) can you remember where Jump the Shark came from?

has anyone on the site noticed the quality of saturday night live episodes have dropped over the last several years (not just my opinion I hope). this year I have yet to watch and find one (1) sketch that I find funny or even a little amusing. has anyone else come to this conclusion, what do you think is happening or the problem? the show just has not been entertaining, so far, this season, it does not make a big deal in the over all scheme of things, but why waste the air space on bad shit!

regards,

2 Likes

I’ve been watching for years and the political aspect of the show is always prominent in election year and it’s also only the 3rd episode of the season and the first few are always kinda rough… It’s like they take summer break and lose touch of the pulse of the people and have to get back into the swing of it…

I agree, hasn’t been too funny this season yet but should be getting better…

They need to bring back funnier recurring characters

1 Like

Haven’t seen it in a minute but it seems like a lot of the shows have over last few years. Especially since everything is having to tiptoe on shit cuz of how easily everyone seems to get offended these days.

3 Likes

Snl has sucked since original cast has been gone

12 Likes

Mmm, haven’t seem an episode in 15y I think, what ive accidentally seen didn’t inspire me much.

3 Likes

Yes, but the folks that they want to offend, are the same ones that the viewers of SNL want to be offended, so that isn’t really an excuse. I do disagree with @OleReynard, though, it has been since the casts of the 90’s that it has sucked.

2 Likes

I have watched since sometime near the beginning, and since then, I would imagine I have seen most of the best sketches created. All seasons so far, have had some good shows and so on… but it seams, to most viewers at least, the best is way, way in the past!

regards,

1 Like

I stopped watching at 2000, everything after that point, imo wasn’t as great.

Nowadays I go back to the ones from the 70s.

Classic gold.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::v::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Yeah anything past the mid nineties into the 2000s I lost interest. After Farley, Sandler, Spade- that era, it really wasnt funny anymore. Haven’t seen anything since then that brought me back and the cast has been very underwhelming. It seems like theyre laughing at their jokes, before they deliver them as they are reading off a teleprompter.

3 Likes

i had been watching since the beginning.
quit many years ago, theres still funny azz skits but its gotten to dry to political

this and the others just like it cracked me up, for newer stuff

2 Likes

The last good snl sketch:

Edit there we go…

6 Likes

anyone remember her?
6 Likes

The Fonz jumped a shark on skis in happy days…

I agree still funny, but more hit or miss than it used to be

9 Likes

Rosanne Rosanadana

3 Likes

Father Guidos Sarduchie
Bumblebee camp
John Belushi and his samari warrior skits
Eddie and Mr Rodgers neighborhood
Jane you ignorant shut
Eddie and buhwheat

Best one I saw after this crew was Alec Baldwin in Schweaty Balls. Flmfao

9 Likes

Yeah the Lonely Island music skits were good but the past 10 years it’s been more miss than hit.
The late 90s early 00s weren’t too bad but after that it started to fall off.

Today’s comedians have far more outlets to get themselves out there. That’s certainly gonna make it harder for them when they have to go out and higher a second tier cast since the top ones can explode from social media to selling out theater’s.

2 Likes

Well that covers most of the bases…
Cheeseburger, chips and Pepsi for you!

Can you imagine the amount of flak SNL would catch if they did Jane you ignorant slut today?!?

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Rita, she was amazing. a rare talent, could fit into any skit, anytime.

regards,

1 Like

Her name was Gilda Radner. She was also married to another comedic great, Gene Wilder.

This truly was the BEST of SNL. They KNEW how to do comedy, especially political comedy, right.

4 Likes

Eddie in the hot tub.

2 Likes