Snow High Peace Corp Panama Red x Panama Red 2016

Because you never really know I always seed a lower branch. To grow something on the way to perfection and miss it isn’t something I’m going to do again.

Good luck

3 Likes

Sorry I don’t understand, what do you mean?

1 Like

It sounded like you didn’t get any seeds. With a beauty like that I would definitely want to see it again.
I suggested, if you get a chance at it again, pollinate a lower branch.

3 Likes

Ahhh yea gotcha. This is exactly why I joined the forum to learn such things. I considered trying to turn the plant into a mother, and probably should have. But had to many other things going on at the time, also wasn’t a part of this fine community at the time.

Live and learn, I still have 10 seeds I think so maybe preservation run at some point.

5 Likes

I’m glad to hear you kept 10 seeds. That means you probably have two more chances to reproduce, preserving the line and hopefully much more to grow. Out of 5 or 6 seeds germinated I have always found at least one male or at least one female. I am quite interested in PR as I am growing some now. It appears I didn’t buy great seeds. Out of the six I popped I got 3 males and 3 females. But each female show different structure. One traditionally long and lanky with long side branches, one columnar and one much darker green but more like a shrub. Here it is raining or I would pollinate now.

Keep me posted how you are doing.

2 Likes

The line is available in some crosses and there was a reproduction done here.

7 Likes

Outdoor grow?

No, these are inside under lights. When the weather turns I am planning running Santa Marta and a 16 week Durban Poison outside. I know its doable as I twice grew Malawi at 22 and 16 weeks.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, why not pollinate when it is raining outside? Does external humidity impact your indoor grow?

1 Like

Pollen is deactivated by water.

It isn’t raining inside? Sorry guy’s I don’t understand.

1 Like

The roof could be leaking.

Ok, I am now growing inside the females. My males are outside as I don’t want ‘accidental’ pollination. When I pollinate I do it outside so there is no ‘accidental’ hybridization on days with no wind. When it rains I bring the males in but in a spot they can’t possibly pollinate. Or contaminate the pollen they have grown.

Hope that makes it a little clearer.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful work @Ratbastrd I’ve seen a few grows of the Freakers repro of Double Panama and you really did her justice, chunky buds! Glad to hear you like the strain and intend to reproduce your remaining seeds when it comes time. It’s great that we have access to this strain now thanks to @Upstate ’s preservation and the work we of @Guitarzan and the other Freakers Ball members, truly. But nothing compares to doing it all over again from F1 and then people will have an even better genepool to select from, two separate accessions that can be worked separately and/or recombined. That’s really what it’s all about for me, so thanks for the good intents going forward.

5 Likes

Thank man, I fully agree. That was my intent when I bought these from John. We had some really interesting conversations on the matter.

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard from John? We weren’t close but I tried to keep in touch. Haven’t heard from him in several years.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m new here and was referred by a friend. I must say this grow looks outstanding! Having smoked the real Panama Red “back in the day” this weed looks just like it. I hope it’s everything that the old stuff was.

5 Likes

Hey man, welcome! It really took me back, and I would have considered this top notch back in the 70’s. In a funny way though, I probably enjoyed growing it more then smoking it.

1 Like

I was wondering how loud they are. Have a double panama x malawi gold.

Loud? Best way I would describe the 2x Panama is subtle but in a heady psychoactive sort of way. The smoke is not super expansive, it is quite mellow with subtle flavors. It is a super functional sort of high, very alert with visual acuity. After about 10min, you realize you’re really fucking high, heady high, not physical, and it lasts for a long time. Smoking more doesn’t really get you higher though.

Flowers have little smell, unless you squeeze them. They are reasonably dense for a CA weed, with good trichome coverage. When you squeeze them they put off a very natural lemony scent (not chemical) with a mild spice component, not cinnamon, more allspice.

3 Likes

One other point, this is perfect joint weed. All the stories of taking a couple hits off a pinner joint in the 70’s and getting really high are so true. The weed is very true to historical references I’d say.

1 Like