Snowhigh Seeds

i went with water, hydrogen peroxide & sea kelp and got 2 out of 10 coco loco pop - one survived…

4 Likes

Maybe try with some seeds you can spare as a control. Just to get a base line to go off of. Unless you’ve already had success with that method recently?

1 Like

reposting this - in case you have these…

Snowhigh seeds by year

Mexican Standoff - ultimate Chem x (acapulco gold X c99) 2009-2012?

Congolese Red 2015-2016

Durban poison x eastern cape bush sativa x panama red 2016-2017

Acapulco gold purple stem bx 2016-2017

Panama red - the pure line that just says “panama red” not the double panama red / peace corp version labeled 2016-2017

Jamaican blood klot 2015-2016

8 Likes

Good luck!

I tried all methods I could think of on the quicksilver and I think direct sewing in soil with letting it go through wet / dry cycles was my best method.

I also had a couple of his Torreón x Michoacán which I thought didn’t pop, but I kept them in the soil cups out in the sun and covered with some plastic wrap and they popped 2 weeks later than the first 6 or 7 that all popped relatively quickly. I did the same thing just watched them and watered lightly once they dried out.

9 Likes

I have a pack of f2

2 Likes

the freekers (@Guitarzan) did a repro of those

2 Likes

mine’s not that, but cool.

I’ve been doing that for the past several weeks. I’m going to give the Mexican Hot Chocolate a go to get an idea of what his specific beans might take then the Bloodklot.

I’m going to likely be utilizing methods that are overkill, but I lost all of my Fisheye OG to damping this year, so I’m back to being overly cautious.

@royal See, that’s weird because I’ve got some Cannatonic and GSC from 2015 that I know are fine. I’m about ready to get some dry ice and “the poison is the cure” this whole situation :upside_down_face:

@Elpolloloco Man I hope you’re right that they’re still churning along. That plastic wrap is brilliant. I’m going to toss some on top. Thanks for that.

4 Likes

what is that?

I have a chocolope x kwazulu that is pretty chocolatey. I am trying to find things to cross it to.

2 Likes

Big Sur Holy x Chocolate Thai x Acapulco Gold x C99

I’ve never had C99, so I’m intrigued. And, as you can see, the seeds are the healthiest size of the bunch, so I should have a little more margin for error.

edit: I can’t tell you what it’s like yet. I’m pretty sure this was a free pack.

13 Likes

There’s one more sad possibility that I haven’t really thought about before. John has a serious health condition (I think MS) and maybe he’s gotten extremely sick and the people around him are just trying to keep the business going however they can to pay for medical bills and such. Maybe they just want to keep everything private and not advertise his condition to the world. It could be so overwhelming for anyone close to him that the business side is just barely hanging on. I think we would all regret saying bad things about him if we knew he was in a really bad state of health and barely hanging on to life. I sincerely hope that’s not the case for his sake but it’s something we have to seriously consider now.

11 Likes

I agree, but his health has been an issue for years unfortunately so I’d think a contingency plan would be set in place to prepare for these things. I think everyone gave their good graces and patience already, and here we are seeing the frustration once that has worn off.

I hope he’s ok, and eventually makes it right.

Until then I’m going to pop his beans as fast as I can before they age out, and share what I can when I can.

Sheisty dealings aside, there is some :fire: in there.

19 Likes

I have saved a Viet haze cut this is phenomenal, mandarin orange terps and soaring haze high

14 Likes

That’s such a hard terp to find strong. Once I have my mother room I will be looking to collect things like this.

5 Likes

What kicks me in the craw is the 5 seed packs for 100$. Then you add the bad germination rates from the many members here stated.I’ll say we are fortunate that @Elpolloloco did the Quicksilver for us to at least get a chance at some of the genetics.

12 Likes

that sounds really good - how long is the flower?

2 of 3 up on Day 4! Holy shit! Hope this gives some of you a little hope, I got this pack last year as a freebie, not sure what year they were actually made tho. These could be they oldest pack I’ve popped successfully. And literally just used 1/8tsp of Sea-K per Gallon then pH’d to around 5.7. I use tap water left out for at least 48hrs. 180ppm at the tap. City water. I kept them covered with the dome and left the vent open just a sliver. Remisted with the Sea-K solution 1x per day. Rapid Rooter cubes were used. They tray went in with my vegging plants. 24hrs of light. I doubt with the dome on they are getting more than 50-80PPFD. Once the 3rd sprouts :crossed_fingers:, I will leave off the dome and wait for them to root out before transplanting to solo cups. Goal is to grow these out then take clones and use those for the seed increase. I want to try and dial in a good growing method for the strain first before seeding.

https://www.amazon.com/DJGINRO-Humidity-Adjustable-Starting-Germination/dp/B0CM6VZBNZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.URiUi3zdMmREgdeKVVK4pM_nPJB3Lvl2HrW9w4IkrQr64xIcVZKXSGruTOR3g-ForJWUkMYb1Eb8CLaxBvIBMnP2sxnHMi-Im2MMwany9k_Y-Buz_Zctyg5yRFnavtX-2Zh5G9q_nC6sfhzOeDq9DvVTx_IRtnmPZe_4moXE1_3J-tsoxXIAlMz7azA_XdbREoAph1_YmmzXqjddtq87fg.8eT3CyrW2eJcD2FTPzigTz83tkaNpnQa51jTi3t_DtU&dib_tag=se&keywords=seedling+tray+with+dome&qid=1718868268&sr=8-8
Here’s a link for the seedling trays. :pray:

11 Likes

E8418E76-C7E3-4F5C-BD54-B67399D7B4C7

6 Likes

Yeah, freebies can be pretty sweet. The ones I got from Herbies were awesome - the Zkittlez and Amnesia Lemon together added up to 2 kg

2 Likes

How are they looking?

Also, wanted to say things are coming along and @Elpolloloco’s pack landed safely. Going to get to work as soon as I’m able…ironically have been dealing with my animals’ health issues (we have what’s basically a rescue at this point).

All good now it seems, so it’s back at it soon.

6 Likes