So I get a text from an old friend

He is out in nevada and sent me a text asking why his plants quit budding. After a quick tutorial on long days and short days we are trying to figure a best plan of action i mentioned cloning and growing some out for later. what are the chances mj plants of unknown origin will survive a summer in nevada what can be done? being a colorado boy I am no help. Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

Really depends on what part of Nevada.
If he keeps them watered and shaded they’ll survive nearly anywhere here, but at higher elevation you have random frost to deal with

5 Likes

Well its way early to have your plants budding outside so I would assume the plant chemistry got messed up somehow (stress enviromental changes etc) and started to bud early and was like wtf too much light and has now reverted back to vegetative growth. That can cause some problems like intersexing and even cause your leaves to start growing like rose buds but stay positive and if it’s a good strain with strong genetics you shouldnt worry. . . Watch for “nanners”

4 Likes

I’m at 6000ft in the 90 degree desert not too far from Nevada with 50+ mph winds. . . these girls are golden

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies shade cloth and water check.

3 Likes

get the pots in the ground would help as well. sending the info thanks guys.

1 Like

Yes that will help big time or wrap a towel or blanket around your pots and you can keep them nice and wet without worrying about overwatering

2 Likes