Nevada! seeds, clones, fellow growers, coyotes, bears, and desert rats,

Welcome to the Sierra’s and the Mojave wastelands!
From McCarran AFB to Reno on over to Winnemucca and all points between and besides.
Between the aliens, drought, radiation and mining chems we’ve gotta have the best growers in the solar system.
If your new to OG or a longtimer stop in and show some love.
This thread is for seeds, clones, trade, and comradarie.
Lots of changes with the new laws and more rec licencing in October so any input is appreciated!

Keep it civil, this is the wild west.

16 Likes

Outsiders are welcome, but the goal is to get some fellow Nevadans to post and commiserate.
We’ve been legal for a while and no clones or seeds for sale outside of Vegas.
If the thread doesn’t take after a few weeks I guess I’ll just be a lonely old bear lol.

3 Likes

Big beautiful country.

Thanks for the pics.

Keep safe out there.

2 Likes

Safe as houses old mad hettie used to say.
The first pics my back yard lol.
The last one is pretty close to Mercury Nevada 20+ miles east of groom lake.

1 Like

Eastern slope of the seirra Nevada’s running up the cali/ Nevada border and crossing over into Carson city. Really we have less claim to it as apposed to the 300 other mountain ranges in our borders but it’s one of my favorites being born on the left coast.
The Toyabe range would be my next favorite followed by the dogskin range you see in the first pic

1 Like

Oh yes the seirra nevadas in Spain are the originals! Beautiful! But I’ve only seen pictures. I’d love to visit someday.

1 Like

Made the 80 east/west drive more than 20 times. Nothing out there but beauty and space.

What’s the name of the “junk” house on 80? Place is worth stopping and checking out if anyone is passing through. Hope some nevadites chime in @Morgwar

Cheers

Edit: the mountain range south of Elko looks amazing too. Wicked in a good way.

2 Likes

Is it this one?
http://www.thundermountainmonument.com
When I worked mining and geothermal I drove past that place 3 or 4 times a week.
You can’t go in anymore but it’s a kinda spiritual feast for the eyes when you see it up close.
We’ve got a lot of weird stuff like that.
There’s a rest area/cafe off highway 50 that has really good Patty melts. And probably the only gas for 150, 200 miles.
Quiet beauty everywhere.
Lots of peace in the desert.
And if your spiritual a night walk with the coyotes will change your life, or end it.

2 Likes

I’m not too worried about posts on this thread yet.
Nevada is still shell shocked over legalization and Overgrow is still growing.
I’ve seen some talented growers on IG from the lake Tahoe region with pretty impressive setups so things are moving forward.
No clones in the northern Nevada dispensaries yet though.

1 Like

Hey south of elko might be the Ruby range. I’ve been elk hunting out a that way with no luck but we’ll worth the hike!

1 Like

Really enjoyed my last visit there. Beautiful country. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Was able to explore that property once. If you’re lucky to catch the caretaker there, you can cruise around. Cool story about the place and how it came to be… We’re you working the thermal place to the west? Nevada, like Wyoming, also has some nice remote wilderness, the real deal. Some of the best in the country. West of the Rockies really. The ruby range. Yes, I believe that’s the one. From 80 looking south it resembles something similar to portions of the wind river range in Wyoming. Stunning and awesome. Would be burly to pack an elk out of there. Even a muley for that matter. Did Great Basin this last summer on the other side. Another diamond in the middle of F’all. Highway 50 is on my list, Loneliest Highway in America and now a place for grilled cheese.

Cheers @Morgwar

1 Like

I’m new to the forum! I’m in Northern Nevada. Does anybody grow outside here, is it hard? I notice my garden suffers on the hottest days an cold nights so I’m kinda worried to try growing outside. Any tips?

2 Likes

hey @Heather420, just fyi this thread is pretty old. last post was 4 years ago. you might want to check out that arizona thread i had linked you yesterday. it’s fairly active and while the climate might be a little different, hopefully you can find nice friendly active growers there.

here’s the link again…

also, when you get a chance, drop by the introduce yourself thread and say hello to everyone.

i know you’ve already gotten a super warm welcome from the og community from your first post, but that will give others who didn’t see that thread a chance to say hi and welcome.

2 Likes

Hi Heather, I live in northern Nevada as well, a greenhouse is your best bet, some pretty crazy weather around here…@Heather420

3 Likes