Solo Cup Landrace Challenge 2024 ( ideas/thoughts)

I want to grow a Laos Highland from Khalifa Genetics in a solo cup next year, and I want others to try it with me , as long as its not too hybrid of a cross, I’d say those could be welcome.

We could all start January 1st :stuck_out_tongue:

As I am new to collecting seeds I don’t have too many beans to offer up for the prize but I can offer a puck of Shaolin Gleaux from High Alpine Genetics up, and maybe one more :stuck_out_tongue: ( maybe even some new crosses from the challenge. I for sure plan on pollinating the Laos )

If others would like to pitch in and send some beans to the winners that would be awesome.

I myself will be a judge, and will critique on 3 things : Health , Style ( if you can do a solo cup DWC go for it ) and Appearance , since I cannot judge the quality of the smoke :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t really want to be the sole judge of the challenge, if you guys want to be a judge and have some good idea for the criteria of the challenge hit me up !

This is all hypothetical of course , nothing is set in stone, Just curious if OG is down , heck I just wanna see a bunch of people growing some landrace in a cup like I’m going to try :stuck_out_tongue: :partying_face:

Sorry for the overuse of this emote :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit : theres no limit for how many you want to grow but I am only doing one myself , as the other solo cup will probably be an overgrow bean :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit 2 : If your crazy enough to try a Sativa landrace, you do not have to use the average size solo cup, if you can find a super sized solo… your good to go :stuck_out_tongue: And that goes for all folks who want to try, doesnt matter if its not sativa :stuck_out_tongue: but for solo cup challenge sake, lets at least try to keep most folks in ur average cup :stuck_out_tongue: ( UNLESS you can find a big one :stuck_out_tongue: )

13 Likes

That would be an interesting strain to grow with the foxtail bud structure.

4 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:evergreen_tree: :rofl:

4 Likes

oh no doubt, from what I can tell Laos Highland looks like a beautiful strain

1 Like

Gotta get @420noob on board with this one! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
As for me, I’m to big of a pussy to grow sativas. :rofl:
That Syberian Ruderalis of yours is scarin me too. :laughing:
I’ll be watchin from the sidelines. :wink:

3 Likes

So you are wanting to grow 14+ week flowering plants not too hybrid in solos? Can I use a 64oz solo? :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:. Maybe 1 gal but solo damn. Ok I got some fem landrace let’s do this!
Duh forgot Indica landrace :person_facepalming::rofl::thinking:. Those are acceptable right? Really the only way possible unless a plant/root whisperer!lol. 22wks veg+flower time in solo wow. Let'S Get It On GIF - Celebrity Deathmatch Lets Get It On Referee - Discover & Share GIFs
Duh indica landrace :bulb:can do a solo grow! Or just look for the frat boy size solos :rofl::rofl::rofl:! @blowdout2269 the Indica part not the rest.lol
@upstate @panamajock @Tejas @TexasTea @budderton @medmanbrand @GREANDAL @george @deeez99 @gregog @Elpolloloco @HeadyBearAdventures @herojuana.tom @Pigeonman

13 Likes

oh dude I’m actually crazy :rofl: I better do an indica too, I was gonna do laos highland and that’s about as sativa as they come :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeh I did not think the whole sativa thing through LOL.

My Siberian was supposed to be 9 weeks , well… its looking like shes a long flower girl :stuck_out_tongue:

I think some of the colas are ready but the seeds aren’t !!!

So as much as I’d like to grow a fast flowering sativa… INDICA it is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

frat boy solo cup LOL.

too be fair, I did say style is one of the criteria, if you can find a huge solo cup, please do LOL <3

3 Likes

th-1298798386

6 Likes

OMG thats the one , id grow a sativa in that bad boi LOL

2 Likes

I’d be down, and I have a good idea for style points. Never grown a full sativa, or ever actually used a solo cup except for beer sooo…yeah I’d be down

2 Likes

Hell yeah glad to have you on board !

Maybe I can ask @DougDawson to use his roll call post too get more traction here

Anywho , I am hoping to be finishing my first ever solo cup grow of normal beans by the time this challenge starts , as for style, I am thinking of taking some tricks from Bonsai, and doing some nice LST / topping :stuck_out_tongue:

Buttt my plant wont count, im just participating for fun

I think for the most optimal grow though, one thats really fruitful at least would be some sort of hydro solo cup :stuck_out_tongue: , or its just going to be nute issues the whole time :stuck_out_tongue: mine solo girls look really good but Im thinking once they start making bud, im going to run into a bunch of nute issues.

I really need to get some nutes to begin with, ive just been doing tap water with some natural amenities like wood ash and a little jdam juice here and there ( weeds and grass clippings in water for a week ) also a little bit of apple cider vinegar because I read its rather nutricious for plants

2 Likes

Hey @BeTheLight :wave:

I’ve been wanting to do a solo cup grow. Turns out I have some Tiger Berry indica landrace seeds.

I’ll start germinating this coming Wednesday.
:green_heart:

1 Like

Aw right on <3

I hope they work out for you, Solo cup grow seem fun but very challenging, I dont know if I will participate anymore, but I want too haha.

Ive recently killed two seedlings I popped ( both were slowly going into flower and all of a sudden the leaves curled up and died… ) so Im kind of weary about starting anything else because I have clones and siberian ruderalis still growing

1 Like

I understand. It seems like every week I have some kind of setback with my growing activities.

Take care and share you successes when they, without a doubt, will come.

:canada: :green_heart:

1 Like