Kullu Landrace

Hi everyone!

I stumbled some time ago around Khalifa genetics for some Ruderalis beans and long forgot about them, so last time I checked I decided to cop some more beans. This ones were the ones I bought along Laos Highland Tribe and 80’s Durban.

I germinated them around the 17th. So far they are doing very good, everyone with more info on this strain are more than welcome to share!, Will it may be a grow log, I also want it to be like a general discussion about this landrace.

Has anyone grow them??

34 Likes

@Upstate has grown them. I think he’ll have a good amount of information for you.

4 Likes

following along - have the beans ; have not grown them out… yet

3 Likes

Yup i grew them. Males are rare and can turn into ladies…flowers 15 weeks or so outdoors light dep with a 3 week veg. Big stretch. Wide plants. 3x pot width+. Almost skunky Kerosene smell to mine. Its a very Indian smell.

35 Likes

Oh my - looks great !

4 Likes

Looking good, love the Khalifa seedbank

5 Likes

Interesting and intriguing :slight_smile: and it’s photo period? I assume @ras said he was looking for ruderalias but @upstate said he light DEP his so I’m not really sure

3 Likes

Been eying this one from Khalifa for a bit now, glad to watch some more grown out. Do you have a special soil mix for these? Are you going 12/12 lighting from the start or do you have a veg period in planned?

2 Likes

Damn!! Wonderful then! Did you got any red stem??

So far IMO Khalifa genetics is a nice bank, and the seeds are at nice price!

@drgreensleeves I was looking for ruderalis, but I saw this ones too, these are light dep. I also got the ruderalis though lol.

@deeez99 light schedule is 11/13, and soil its just my patch soil, organic soil ammended with chicken manure, I water though with IMO2(KNF farming), but that IMO its done from my patch so its kind of to keep things living. That soils has been worked for longer than I am alive, so I just mantain it.

4 Likes

No red stems. Lots of Indian strains have them but not the kullu plants i grew. Hope you find some good ones.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info as always! I hope this is a good one, which it seems.

Little update:
Couple of days ago I had a nice fail, which killed a couple of seedlings, I overwatered it a bit, well, when checking the only overwatered kullu, I saw the end of the root of the seedling was flat and brownish(it was rotting because of the overwatering. Well, I pulled and broke it untill the healthy part, and repotted what was left in a ‘what will happen if…’ moment. Well, as for today, the seedling havent falled! And 3 days have passed! I dont want to celebrate early, but its seems this strain is a fucking great rooter!!

4 Likes

I’ve been cutting off the rotten bottoms of dampoff victims and replanting (with success sometimes) the upper portion. Plants are tough.
You’ll like the Kullu. Good daytime smoke. I didn’t find the keeper pheno. Hope you do!

2 Likes

Yes, plants are usually tougher than we think. I recall khalifa saying it was nice rooter though. I think I will get more into this topic when I can, doing a test with various strains and plants to test this kind of capabilities. Should be a fun experiment.

Could you describe that keeper pheno? I definitely want to try this one, maybe it will be a staple on my stash! Who knows!

2 Likes

Khalifa found keeper pheno. Look for swollen calyxes. Also indoors I would expect to go the 16 to 20 weeks Khalifa says

3 Likes

I will contact khalifa regarding info of that keeper pheno then.

So far I see a couple red stems here and there, not really dominant, but hey, they are there.

(Leaf stem is red, the joint with main stem is too a bit red)

The top one its the most vigorous, we’ll se how they go but so far they are beautiful! I hope they dont stretch like crazy, though I wont have them in big pots.

4 Likes

Little update! Three of them seem like redstem, really curious about how this one will develop!

11 Likes

Looks awesome to me. India, is still one of the few I’ve not run before. Maybe I’ll change that this year.

1 Like

Oops. Missed that. Yes. Photo period long flowering.

1 Like

Sooo time for an update! So far the seed run is going very well, the seeds are starting to form and they are starting to show some beautiful colors. The soil is a work in progress, but they seem to take it well.
The smell is very citrus sweet, with more notes that I cant get now, but the red stems and those red tinted flowers… Beautiful! The structure is also crazy, they seem like they are hugging each other with those long arms lol. The most strange thing was the one that doesnt look like the others…literally looks like another completely different strain lol. The males also had a very good structure, and I think they even got some trichomes, they really busted off on the girls, they turned white lol.

6 Likes

Mine looked very similar when seedlings. good to know !!!