Some advice on l.e.d. lights please

I have for now 2 -15w general grow non adjustable led’s. How far into grow before adding more? How much do I need? For xsmall grow.? And how close to plants? Is this too close? Don’t feel no heat.

3 Likes

Hello @TheBubbleKing! Good luck with your grow…

I’ve seen some successful grows with only 70W HPS… You can create mini cabinet grow with some LED equivalent…

Have you seen this one? 6 x 16W of LEDs

I’d compare grows by watts per square feet… around 30 watts per sq. f. is minimum in my eyes… Check out this discussion:

5 Likes

I would start with the question “how much do I want to grow?”

If the answer is more than a half ounce you will need more light.

My smallest grow was a 100w blurple and I think I cropped ~50g. I expect you will also be in the 0.5g per watt range with that rig.

Good luck and happy growing :slight_smile:

EDIT: I actually did a smaller grow with a 28w this:

It yielded about a 1/2 oz.

6 Likes

I thought this was interesting

check out Quantum Boards if you like LEDS. The ones I have are from China but they sell them on amazon and other places in the USA and Canada.

They don’t put out as much heat and use less energy than HPS

Check my thread for pix of my bud I pulled about half a pound from 4 small plants in a 2x3 tent under the 480w, I’m not the most experienced grower but I can’t say anything bad about these lights.

Bud can get light burned, keep it at least 6 inches from the canopy.

There are all kinds of different LEDs now, COBS, strips, QBs, these purple/blurple lights are on their way out I think.

5 Likes