Some bud shots from my recent little grow

Here are some pics from my recent grow, Sorry I took the pics with my tablet instead of using my canon like a dummy. Anyways the pics aren’t the best as it would not take macro pics like my camera would have… I wish I would have used my camera but it is what it is.
Perhaps I’ll take some better pics with my camera later. Anyways the bud shots are of Purple Mayhem X Goo Skunk by Northstar genetics and Triangle Kush X Stardog by Greenpoint seeds. Both turned out great and I got roughly 2.5 oz off of each plant which I thought was not bad considering the plants were not very big 3ft. indoor. They turned out nice and frosty , like I said the pics don’t do them justice like a good camera would have…

9 Likes

Good job pookie! :grin:

nice buds !
keep on…
D_S

1 Like

Thank’s ryasco, I just wish I took the pics with my better camera to do them justice. Macro shots would have been great to show all the trichomes… Each grow I do seems to be better than the last for sure. Considering this is only my 6th or so grow I think I did ok. I actually built my own lights using led’s I got off of ebay for a good price using 5w Cree chips in 100w cobs ($15) and 45w Luxeon Rebel royal blue cobs that were like $5 each so I got 10 of the 45w chips and 5 of the Cree cobs and ran them at about half of their power rating so I ran the lights at around 450-500 watts total. The funny thing is the cree chips were white and around 4500-5000 kelvin and then the royal blue. I did not use any red leds at all but yet the buds turned out great. My current grow is gonna be outdoors though. I can’t wait to see how they turn out, provided all goes well. There are so many variables that you have to deal with growing outdoors that you can’t control as you can with an indoor grow.

1 Like

I am getting more curious about building a few led panels for side lighting. I keep seeing great grows with white LED’s. From what i read since white is a mixture of all colors it works as long as you push enough intensity. Don’t sweat outdoor growing. As long as you have good soil, good sun, and good genetics the rest is easy.

1 Like

They’re beautiful :sob: excellent job.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve done it 3 times before. The last time however someone stole them with like 2 months still to go… It was a sad day and stupid of whomever stole them also as they were nowhere near ready… I like outdoor growing it is just variables like security, pest and weather conditions that can make it a pain. But yeah no artificial light can work as well as the sun when it comes down to it. But yes I truly believe that LED’s will replace HPS and MH lights as the dominant choice for lighting as LED lights are getting better and better and are much more efficient. I spent about $200 putting my DIY light together. I was very frugal and found the best prices I could for part’s. But I think I did well getting a true 500w LED light for less than $200, if I wanted I can always push the lights up to the rated 1000 watts if I wanted too, but running them at half power makes them even more efficient.

Genetics determine a lot about what can affect a plant. Insects will choose the path of least resistance just like disease and everything else. Why spend energy on a useless action? You will see pretty quickly what can handle the elements and discard what can’t. Us growers don’t want weak fussy little brats. Cannabis is the only farmed crop i can think of where people will covet a plant that is almost impossible to grow through a season without constant problems. Who else does that? I got off that merry go round a long time ago. I have a lot to learn about LED builds. If nothing else it will be interesting.

2 Likes

Amen. I grow for enjoyment, not for frustration. Training, trimming, and staking are all fine by me (… actually, that’s kind of my favorite part), but especially picky eaters and complete lack of environmental tolerance are what gets plants sent to the compost bin.

2 Likes