Sour Boggle by BOG Preservation Run

RIP BOG

I’ve always liked the look of his work but have never grown any out yet, most interested in the Sour Bubble… would definitely like to grow that one

2 Likes

It has been confirmed via James Bean through the BOG benefit auction that BOG’s son has the genetic plant lines, he WILL continue BOG’s work. There is also probably a limited surplus of seed stock that was still available when BOG passed.

21 Likes

:clap: Amen.

The question of ‘What do you want your Cannabis legacy to be…’ is something I truly have wondered & wanted to ask of some folks. No doubt a breeder’s work is never done, we all inherit from those who came before, and none of us can control what happens after we’re gone.

But if the BOG Jr. & Mrs. BOG will need to continue things then the utmost respect is due. I’m sure their position on this will be made known but it’s awfully soon to be hounding a grieving family.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

13 Likes

I absolutely agree with what you are saying and didn’t mean to imply that it isn’t a great way to pay homage. At the time I made my first post it just felt like maybe it was too soon and I took into account that it may very well cut into his families income.
But from what I know of him I do agree that it is in fact a perfect way to pay respect to him so now I am stoned and don’t know wtf I think about it lol

6 Likes

I’d absolutely be ok with his current lines being avoided.

that said - some of his older no longer offered strains like blu tooth etc… Perhaps would be a reasonable starting point - and I think a few people had asked.

2 Likes

The strains he retired that I am aware of are: Lifesaver, Sweet and Sour Cindy and Sour L.S.D.. There may be others, but those are the ones that I am fairly certain were retired.

7 Likes

…And just barely at that. :slight_smile:

A year or two isn’t much to me anymore. :sweat_smile: :man_shrugging: :hourglass:

Glad to see basic consensus. :+1:

:evergreen_tree: :thinking: con- sensi- us? Like wow man.

2 Likes

IMO after any strain has been retired by the breeder for a year or two preservation runs should not be a problem, any breeder. No disrespect for BOG, he was a legend in his own time but I am meaning any breeder.

4 Likes

Auctions are live… @bidsforbog on Instagram

Mad

7 Likes

My sweet Cindy seeds were hard to start. I think I got 1-2 to pop out of the last 4. Whereas the Lifesaver about 90-95% pop

2 Likes

Haven’t germinated my Sweet Cindy or Sour Bubble yet. 100% on the Sour Blutooth and LSD. Think 100% on the Bogglegum I did years ago.

4 Likes

A buddy and I made a couple creations with some BOG gear back in 2015. One Sour Strawberry LSD is his Sour Strawberry Kush x Sour LSD. I then took the Sour Strawberry LSD and crossed it to a nice Star Dawg male from Dankonomics.

The Sour Strawberry Kush grows some short, heavy producing, mutants that smell like strawberries. The Sour LSD male used was a huge outdoor plant with a more open structure.

I have not done any further work with either of these yet but think I will add a couple of the Sour Strawberry LSD to my next run.

These are a few of the mutant Sour Strawberry Kush.

22 Likes

Some serious cash dropped right off the bat for Mean Gene’s stuff. 2k$ pack :astonished: :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I found packs of sour boggle, sour grape, lifesaver, and sweet Cindy. Going to get some Cindy going later this year.

13 Likes

I saw the account @son_of_bushyoldgrower pop up on instagram. It says its bogs son and is continuing on with his projects. I asked them a question about beans and immediately got blocked and no response.

Seemed sketchy, figured I’d share here. Itd be sad if someone is scamming using bogs name.

13 Likes

What happened to this btw :frowning:

7 Likes