Sour Bubble from the man, the legend, BOG

Wow! @DougDawson they are CHONKY! What day is this since hitting water?

3 Likes

Seeds hit water the evening of Sept 18th. So 6 weeks today.

4 Likes

:fist_right: :fist_left:

2 Likes

Looking good Doug. What’re you’re plans for pollination? You just gonna flip and let everybody go wild or are you planning to isolate males after flip once they show and collect pollen?

1 Like

No plan yet, not till I see what I got going. I have a 2x4 tent set up across from this 4x4 and a 2.5x2.5 set up in my basement to isolate. It really depends on how many of what I end up with. I still want to get some bud out of this run as I got none from my last seed run. I would like to keep at least 1 good female of each strain to smoke. For all I know they could all be males so really can’t say much until I find out what’s what.

4 Likes

The thing about the difference between a 2x2 and a 2.5x2.5 tent is small enough on the outside, but BIG ENOUGH ON THE INSIDE to make a difference… something I wish someone had mentioned to me when I got my first tent which was a 2x2 :laughing:

4 Likes

Good point, I hear you there. Well I guess we’ll find out together. Real keyed in on how other folks are doing pollinations since I’m about to drop into that ride for the first time myself this go round.

2 Likes

Man you’re not kidding. Started out with a straight 2x2 myself and quickly upgraded to the gorilla lite 2x2.5 and that extra .5’ really makes a difference

3 Likes

Yeah, I got lucky there. Mars Hydro gave me that tent as a whole kit so it came with a light, carbon filter etc. I did an auto grow in it and than got to keep it. They also provided this light and tent which the plants are in now. I must admit, I still got the light at 40% and the node spacing is really tight. I am liking the FC6500 so far.

7 Likes

Good to know! I’ve got two spider farmer SF1000s in the 3x3 veg tent that seem to work well and an HLG225 in the 2x2.5 flower tent. That thing runs so warm I don’t even keep a heater in that little tent

2 Likes

My HLG 600 is leaning against the wall in my grow room :roll_eyes: I must admit the Mars is doing a fantastic job so far. When I turned it up to 50% it almost cooked the tallest plant. Won’t really know what it can do until it finishes but so far so good. Never tried the Spider Farmer but I got more lights than grow space now. I have heard good things about peoples results with them though. I am down for any light that get’s the job done.

5 Likes

That’s an awesome problem to have, not to mention a killer review for the Mars hydro if you shelved an HLG in place of it

2 Likes

Yeah, I even took down my 4x4 tent to put up their 4x4 tent, lol. What I really need is more space :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Preaching to the choir bud, trying to figure out how to sell the wife on just converting the whole basement to a grow space :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, I was initially thinking “what’s only .5 of a foot!”… but it’s ACTUALLY A LOT when you get good plants going! :laughing:

@DougDawson , I want companies to think I’m cool too and pass me stuff. Life experience has played out that for me it’s been 40 years of “Others get the offers, where I will get the asks.” Similarly so at weddings I’m “Always a worker, but never the guest.” (even at my own friends weddings… which is now an institute I no longer believe in as a result of my many negative experiences)

I have a SF2000 and love it in my 2x4. I prefer the spread of my TSL2000’s though with their long orientation but the SF lights are really well built.

5 Likes

That extra 6” really does matter :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

It’s just too easy… I can’t. :frowning:

3 Likes

Honestly bud it’s just shit house luck. I to this day cannot figure out how I ended up with this stuff. The 2x4 tent is powered by the ViparSpectra XS2000 which was also provided to me for free :roll_eyes: Works great in that space.

4 Likes

It’s gotta be dougs cosmic vibrations, who could deny that the universe should reward his generous and welcoming nature. Rather see him with the gear than some of the goofballs on IG and YouTube

4 Likes

You know I’m running Spiders.
:ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

3 Likes