Sour Bubble from the man, the legend, BOG

Spiders are great IMO! I have a 4000 and a 2000. I don’t know about the 1000 but they make a good product.

2 Likes

Agreed! :fist: :spider: :man_farmer:

Totally agree man, would definitely recommend them to anyone. The 1000s are priced right and do a good job in the smaller spaces that I have available

2 Likes

Do you guys know if a dimmable switch can be installed on the 4000? I got mine just before they came with that.
@LegsMahoney & @Pigeonman @DougDawson

1 Like

@MoBilly

3 Likes

Thank you!
I’m going to be doing just that!

2 Likes

That HLG225 dims the same way with the screwdriver, kind of a pain but it’s manageable, make sure you get a kil-a-watt meter if you don’t have one

2 Likes

Yeah the kw meter avoids the fucker i dealt with balancing 2x tsl2000’s with my photography light meter!

2 Likes

You mean an outlet power draw meter right?
There’s a boatload of them on Amazon. What brand do you guys use?

4 Likes

That’s the ticket @MoBilly

3 Likes

Sorry bro. I’m walking on your thread.

3 Likes

You are always welcome here brother. Walk, talk, sit by the fire. My thread is your thread :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I appreciate that you put up with my ramblings. :wink:

5 Likes

As a Canadian, the brand I chose was “Whatever I could get and afford on Amazon.ca.”

You prob have more options than this one I got, which if I may add is still pretty decent for my needs:

I also use it when making a set-up so when things are running all at MAX I still have headroom. As a former film gaffer I’m too triggered from shit blowing up when things go bad because someone (usually the wrong person) overloads a system.

6 Likes

Exact one I use and it works great.

1 Like

Thanks @Pigeonman .
I’ve been meaning to get a meter anyway.
Overloading a circuit is no bueno. Never bet on a breaker.

5 Likes

Agreed.

And always make sure you have headroom free on every circuit, and surge protectors on literally everything.

I always appreciate a good double redundancy. As a filmmaker it takes 2 negatives to make a positive image therefore: yes.

5 Likes

@MoBilly I got mine at Harbor Freight not sure of price but it was cheap as I could have ordered it

3 Likes

The girls are lookin great Doug !

2 Likes

There was one opened up in town a few months back. I’ve thought about stopping in there to check it out.
:thinking: I think I will.
Thanks.

2 Likes