Sour Bubble from the man, the legend, BOG

I feel for ya Doug. I really do. That sucks. :pensive:

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that Doug! Do the right thing and move on brother!! :pray:

4 Likes

On a side note, there must be someone here who’s grown this strain before. Does it have a history of female intersex? Has anyone grown both the males and females of the strain?

If there isn’t any history of female hermaphroditism, then maybe it won’t be an issue.

14 Likes

Thanks for the input @Purple-N-Hairy and @lefthandseeds . What can I say, this feels like nutkick

15 Likes

Ok, so I find myself feeling some shit.
ezgif.com-gif-maker (12)
ezgif.com-gif-maker (11)

15 Likes

Uug, ya its a rough decision indeed

2 Likes

Shitty situation. I dunno how I’d call it. On the one hand I personally wouldn’t mind taking the risk on the progeny if the mothers all stay herm free. I’ve read somewhere that male herms can be desirable and reinforce female traits, but I have nothing to substantiate it and it may just be bro science.

3 Likes

Either way bud, nature never gives us guarantees, only possibilities. The rest is basically us humans trying to adapt. Whatever decision you make, make it all the way!! If need be, burn the house down and start a new cycle! Try and look at the macro, you’ll soon be kinda laughing at your own emotions, days, weeks, or months from now! No matter what you choose, we’re here to support you!! Keep on trucking! :pray: :hugs:

9 Likes

If you choose to go the STS route for fem reversal, i would be happy to send you what you need.

6 Likes

Yeah, look like all hermies. I would chop them.

Here is a possible idea. My guess is the females are a little bit behind. You could make some S1s. If the females are not to far along could flip back to 18/6 to get them back in veg. Take a couple cuttings to root, and use for reversal. Once the cuttings are growing, flip back to 12/12, and treat them with STS.

May also be able to treat just a branch on the female plant but most say not to smoke a treated plant so the cutting idea would be my personal choice.

8 Likes

Well it’s done. I thought about it but I don’t want to be messing with hermies. I don’t want to pass out seeds that came from them. I don’t know enough about this topic to form an informed decision so I am erring on the side of caution and have bagged and killed the males. Hey you hermies ezgif.com-gif-maker (13)

So now what? Time for a new plan and here it is.

I got 10 seeds left and they are getting planted. Stay tuned, this journey just got a little longer. That said there is no giving up. It happened, what’s important is we keep moving forward.

59 Likes

Way to go!! Fucking awesome!!! Pardon my Brazilian French!!! Kudos|!!! @DougDawson !!!

4 Likes

Good luck dougie.
That’s right keep on getting it.

5 Likes

15 Likes

Sometimes things don’t go as planned.
The journey may have gotten a little longer, but keep moving forward and you will reach the destination.
You got this Doug!

7 Likes

Tough choice but that’s what I would do. Keep moving forward. :beers:

6 Likes

oh I didn’t know you had more seeds.
slash and burn baby!

8 Likes

I’m sorry to see this Doug, really a bummer. That’s the game we play, at least that’s what I tell myself to make me feel better. This is what I would do if it was my situation. I would trash the males. Maybe take them out back and beat them good against the ground (and don’t go back to the flower tent of course). I would take a couple cuttings from each of the females and get those rooted. Crack some more Sour Bubbles if I had them, or find some more. Flower out the females and see what I have. When they are done I know I have cuttings from them ready to go with the new seeds.

I don’t do fems, so you will get good advice on this approach from others. If I had some Sour Bubbles I would send them to you, but I only have BOG Bubble.

8 Likes

Thanks all. Not worried about seeds @WVMountainGhost , I got 3 left from this pack and 7 from another so this will get done. I got as ready as I could for this run. Didn’t expect this but what can you do. Darn things were so close to dropping pollen all over the place, such a shame. On the bright side I will plant more seeds this time and keep a female or two for smoking so that will be nice. I was pissed for a while but it wasn’t productive so I got over it :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Sorry to read this news Doug… what a kick in the pants!! You’ve got the right attitude though. Best of luck moving forward :100::fire:

3 Likes