South American Guerrilla 2021/22

Thanks man, thanks … My biggest problem is spider and human mites. I have leaf-cutting ants, caterpillars, but no rabbits. I want to find mother plants to be able to bloom indoors too. In addition to making some seeds. There are many challenges, and in the end, everything is as it should be. I hope you understand.

7 Likes

Looking good my friend

Bless Fatty

2 Likes

Fascinating critters but what a Pain in the ASS… We had them in Cozumel, came from a neighbors yard behind us and THREE houses down. Followed their little “highway” one night to find the nest. Across the rooftops we went! Amazing that they scent the trail for the others to follow. Little shits LOVED the gardenias, and would defoliate the fig tree in one night (thank god the fig was hardy and came back numerous times).

What do you use to get rid of them? In Cozumel, they pour gasoline in the nest, like a gallon or two! I was never fond of that because its so porous, the rock, that most of that crap makes its way to the reefs…

5 Likes

@FattyRoots , Thanks man, I didn’t follow, is everything alright in your new home?

@Nagel420

Ants are fascinating, as are bees. They are an example of union and cooperation. 100 million years evolving, I feel bad about exterminating.
This is linked to the way of producing foods that humans have chosen, you hardly notice them in a forest, but in a monoculture, or in weak plants.
Unlike bees, they have several queens.
They are responsible for fertilizing soils. They indicate soil with little organic matter, and as there is nothing better to do, they help to improve the environment conditions in the medium and long term.

I’m lucky, ants are “who” (Acromyrmex).
These make shallow nests, easy to find. Some types are daytime and some are nighttime.
Do you know the “saúva” (atta)?
They make huge nests, up to 9 meters deep!!
This photo is of a nest that was filled with concrete and excavated for studies. Crazy. A lot of concrete was used, but they did it all themselves.

In this case, gasoline would only contaminate the water table, since there are mechanisms in the construction that prevent it from reaching where it needs to be to destroy the nest.

I use hot water, find the nest, expose the fungus and splash water. By killing the fungus, they are gone.

Thanks for asking, I intend, after this intense control, to use homeopathy so that I don’t have to kill anyone.

Basically, changing the vibration of the environment so that it is not conducive to ants.
I will bring more details, I am studying this.

14 Likes

For the record, 2 MWCB males returned to the refrigerator, but in this case, to be able to store some pollen.

@PetalPowerseed :pray: , She referred a friend in love with sativas.

@lambchopedd Please feel free.

8 Likes

The ant tunnels are fascinating! Looks like an alien city.

3 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground , starting work here… Greetings friend…

1 Like

@Gugumelo looks like the start of a beautiful grow :grinning: thank you for the warm welcome brother :pray::grin:

2 Likes

Hope he got them …I sent some seeds to BR from Panama and that took seven weeks…

But they got there…ain’t no UPS in Panama I’d Brazil

1 Like

wtf man, hermaphrodites is suck but what was the cross do you still remember? I’ll take what I have of them and throw it to the chickens to make sure.

:om: :prayer_beads:

1 Like

I planted the ones that didn’t have a name, but it could have been stress. They left the fridge and went to the jungle…

3 Likes

Update: Some spider mite brands. The region is infested, I’m researching biologicals and homeopathy. Neen is unable to grow, but it doesn’t end, they are already gaining resistance. I will apply sulfocalcica syrup and evaluate.

In the refrigerator, a hermie, grew up with a female structure, but showed up as a male with postils. I pulled them out of the guerrillas, they went to light bulbs, and I made changes to the photoperiod, this must have been a lot stressed. If the remaining male doesn’t turn into hermie, he’s a good guy.

The other plants show accelerated growth, stretching after leaving the bulbs and small pots.

Refrigerador: An MCWB male turned hermie.

Area 1: 3 Shanti Crossing

Area 2: 2 MCWB

12 Likes

Looking good @Gugumelo! As always such a fascinating thread. You are truly growing guerrilla style. I enjoy your grows and the way you grow. Your plants have a beautiful green to them. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Hmm :thinking: maybe, but actually what they say is that stress only brings out the hermaphrodite characteristics that the plant already has, but if I’m in doubt I’ll put an end to them to make sure I’m actually getting ready to make more seeds to replace them, I’m going to use the structure I had separate for the goji og seedrun.

1 Like

The hermie was a MWCB from the seed run here, right? That strain commonly throws hermies, from what I’ve read about it on here. Or maybe always, I’m not 100% sure on the details but I know to expect hermies. I picked up some seeds myself from a MWCB that had hermed in someone else’s tent and pollinated itself and some other plants, and was warned repeatedly to expect herms. Of course, I’m a fool so I still ran one anyway since I wanted to see how it tastes, but yeah… not expecting much from it, and if it does turn out to be full female I’ll still be running it a few more times from clone to make sure there’s no latent herm tendency before breeding. I’d suggest treating all your MWCBs like herms by default, since many of them will be.

2 Likes

hey man they look great i’m curious to see how it ends.
as for spider mites I believe that a pepper sauce can solve other things that can help is to use essential oil for example cinnamon, peppermint, rue, etc. But anyway I’ll leave a link here that has a recipe here from Og, maybe it will help.

:prayer_beads: :om:

Edit: I forgot to mention these hermaphrodite males who have there are many controversies on the subject but nothing scientifically proven, in fact I also have no firm opinion on the matter, but what I can say about it is that if possible throws/kills this specimen I say that because if there was anything with a trace of hermi in my things it was a male with pistils that I had.

2 Likes

Yes, it was from @George . Thanks for the info… I didn’t research it, but I know it was supposed to be feminized… Hope some is a real female…

@Shanti-ri , Could it be regular alcohol?, thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

is not a different type of alcohol, isopropyl alcohol is used in electronics.

:prayer_beads: :om:

Precisando só chamar…

1 Like

There was an accident … :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

hey bro how’s the war on pests going? I remembered that sulfur is used against some pests and maybe it’s easier to find.

1 Like