Spaceman’s First Holiday Auto Run

Well all good things must come to an end for some fucked up reason and now my grow has been sidetracked by the Wuhan Pandemic.
My grow is at my normal residence, my ass is at my bugout place.

I couldn’t risk my blumat devices and meager(1gal each) water supply to last 3 weeks or possibly more.
So I gave my plants away to a neighbor.
No updates to this topic are to be expected.
Sorry folks.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that… Bummer.

1 Like

That which is necessary is not necessarily easy. Stay well.

1 Like

Hi cc,
Just want to comment that all I took with me into self-isolation(dig that term! reminds me of my wasted youth) was the Loco Mota(residue of seeded plant) and the Purple Heart.
The Purple Heart has just a wonderful smell when cured with the jar method, that alone is how worthwhile a plant like this is to grow.
So much so that I broke my vow from another topic to put away my vapes during this epidemic.
Excellent vaping imo. I’ve dialed back my vape temp(374F) on another poster’s advice and though I’ve put my vapes away again I swear I hear them calling me from confinement!

EDIt
Shoot forgot to mention the Loco Mota.
Even though it was a seeded female it is a smoothly powerful buzz, similar and different from Purple Heart. Spicier aroma too.

2 Likes

During my recent trip downstate(which was in direct opposition to my state’s tyrannical “no travel” ban) I happened to stop at my neighbors who was gifted my plants before lockdown.
In here somewhere are 2 Maui Sunshines, 2 Purple Hearts, one of which is pollinated with Loco Mota pollen and a Loco Mota female.
The only one I’m sure of is #2 which is the pollinated Purple Heart.
It’s a big, speading plant.

She’s Purple Captain!

Maui’s in the backcorner.

The only plant I took with me into lockdown, Blue Diamond Philips.
This seed ended up costing me a couple hundred bucks.
The only viable plant from a 42 seed order.

6 Likes

ouch thas gotta hurt…

1 Like

So, back in the Ci-taaay atm.
Old Wretched Griftmore is making travel/socializing difficult for Michiganders but I managed to sneak over the home of the beneficiary of my plants and here is what I saw:

One of the Maui Sunshines(the one on the left in the pic above.
Just found out now that he had them on 24/7. (cringe)
They were weeks into flower when I gave them to him…
He put them back on 11/13 after my visit.

Partial shot of the Purple Heart pollinated w/Loco Mota male.
Soon to be chopped.

Close up

Not sure how the timing will be for the deseeding.

More later.

5 Likes

Sorry to have dropped this topic, I was away for a while.
The aforementioned neighbor has chopped and seeded the Purple Heart/Loco Mota cross.
I think I got 50 seeds or so from the bunch, 4 of which were an outside grow '20.
I might have posted pics of these somewhere else on OG but they didn’t have any “auto” characteristics like I had in growing their parents.
Awfully similar to my Tiger Jack cross!
So, laying it out there, was I stoned when I planted them, but also so stoned that I PLANTED THE WRONG SEED?
To answer the first part, of course.
Now here’s the catcher - I’ve gardened for self sufficiency for decades and I’ve bred and saved seed for slightly less than that.
Some spring plantings involved 1,500-3,000 plants of all different types: grains, herbs, tubers etc. and I have have had a flat or two come out unexpectedly, several times to poor quality control of the seed that I do buy.
Can’t say I haven’t messed up a pot or two of tomatoes whose labels have mysteriously disappeared.
In summation 99.9% sure I planted the correct seed. YMMV

I’m attempting to grow these seed again and seed from the offspring this season.
Probably create a new topic which I won’t do until I have something substantial to upload.
l8r

3 Likes