Spaceman's Tiger Jack Seed Giveaway - Giveaway has ended

Just have to say … Love you all and Hope for God grow energi :lemon::green_apple::strawberry:

3 Likes

Golden Tiger x Jack Herer sounds like a freaking awesome cross! I’ve never had any GT, but I love love love most Jack crosses :smile:

7 Likes

I’m hoping next year this time I’ll be reading smoke reports on **Grandma TJ 2014’**s grandkiddies.
Happy smoke reports.:vulcan:

13 Likes

Holy moly! Looking good in here. Seed production looks great. God speed!

4 Likes

Still not sure about a sativa but id like to build a stable of michigan produced genetics.
For my future greenhouse.

Everyone needs a stable before the market goes tagged and/or sterile.
And bottlenecked.

10 Likes

Hi Everybody,

Just a note to mention that the Tiger Jack seed giveaway is coming to fruition.
Seed from all six plants(#5;#6;#7;#8;#9;#10) was harvested the weekend of 9/27-29, with some interesting differences among the seed by plant. More on that later,

first some sh*tty pics.
Bud harvest of #7

Seed haul from #7.
These are the largest seed and are from the same plant that rocketed up to my tent roof, then broke.

#5 seed haul.
These are the smallest of the seed of this grow and came from the lanky plant that was more vine like than branched.
Small, odd shaped and some almost black.

#6 seed haul.
Very green/black seed, some Golden Tiger striping on these seeds.

9 seed haul.

Some GT striping on these seeds as well as #8 and #10 .

#8 and # 10 were inadvertently mixed in a stoned senior moment.
These last four plants and seeds were pretty much identical and the plants all exude a sharp, piney smell that has no cloying, persistent skunk like many indica doms have. You have to be close to smell these plants, it’s bouquet doesn’t travel well outdoors except on humid days, even then you have to practically be on top of 'em.

55 capped vials of seed ready for packaging.

Each vial contains a mixture of seeds from plants; #6, #8, #9, #10 and, #5, #7 .
Plants #5 and #7 displayed significant differences from the other plants and from each other, so I separated them from the others.
Since all these seeds had the same mom and dad I think these are natural variations which may be valuable to those that would experiment. Those really interested can always trade with others on the list.

First tally all plants, approximately 1440 seeds.
As a reminder, these plants were pollinated young, only a few weeks into flower on someone’s/article recommendation. I usually let my plants flower twice as long as these for higher seed count.
The idea argued in the communique stated early flowers to have greater fertility. Gave it a try but seed count takes a hit. More on this in a follow up post.
EDIT
After I took those pics I resifted each pile and removed a bunch more duds.
So those pics are misleading.
Eyes haven’t held up all that well.

Thanks for everybody’s help getting me here.
This was waaay more fun than I imagined. Can’t wait until I get something new or unusual so I can share again.
Big thanks and hat tip to one great lady, @MomOnTheRun MOTR !
She helped this noob navigate this giveaway so OG 'rs can enjoy.

Great Growing Everybody!
space

27 Likes

Great work man and a nice haul!! Thanks for taking the time to take this one on. :v:

10 Likes

Great haul!! Congrats on a very successful seed run :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Wow, that’s a lot of work in the packaging alone. Thanks bro. It’s very nice of you.

I’ve never had Jack Herer or GT. Starting to get more into sativa growing so these will be appreciated! peace

10 Likes

I…wasnt ready.
Thank you. Everyone appreciates every morsel of effort. Myself included.

You make it seem not so daunting to me.
Im more confidant when the time comes now.
Thank you again.

8 Likes

Really interested in #5.
That elusive creeper vine trait that shows in some Jack crosses.

5 Likes

:thumbsup:
First I’ve heard of this. Do you have more info?

Taken day of harvest…these branches are bending down.

5 Likes

Theres a Jack cross that exhibited this with the floral buds.
Cant remember what it was.

6 Likes

Underwater cannabis plants… I knew it was a vigorous plant… but?? wow.

4 Likes

From your first link.

It is a mutation that was developed in forests, to allow cannabis to better reach the light

That looks exactly like #5 - even had the mainstem pruned. Only #5 had it’s branches extend below the top of the pot.

Not proud of this plant in this pic, 3 adult plants are too big for my tent, at least in 1 gal pots.
But I always get leaf drop in seed, less so in flower.
In spite of my version of TLO (99% just missing powdered oyster shell, to lazy to grind my own), the plant, imo, utilizes the leaves for some missing nutrient, or maybe just stops nutrient flow to them.
Some details removed

11 Likes

I think it’s awesome, I’d love to have this reproducible. I was thinking of something like this as a hide in plain sight stealth option growing in my garden (minus the growing 100cm first part).

5 Likes

You’re on the list so you should get a share, maybe others would be willing to trade with or donate to you to increase your test subjects.
I kept only 7 seeds myself for future experiments and spread out the rest.
I’m sure this trait will show up again from the mixed seed, try overcrowding and no circulation fan.
:blush::wind_blowing_face:

6 Likes

Hi Everybody,
Now that you all will have the opportunity to grow this plant, here is my advice on how to best grow it for maximum yield.
Below are pics of 3 plants that are clones taken 21 days into flower.

First we have “lil’ tj”, a flowering clone taken from #7. Indoor grown.
Since I was in the middle of pollination, I deliberately took pains to delay and slow “lil’ tj’s” start, low watt lighting, root constriction - all to keep it’s growth slow, then when introduced to the tent with the fertilized females, kept under the canopy to further retard growth.
I stuck it in the corner of tent 2, hence the lean it has.

Close ups:

Hard to believe lil tj is from the same plant, #7
The last 10 days lighting has been augmented with high exposure to UVB.
She is now in darkness for 2 days before harvest.

Here are her two sisters, 1 gal pot and 2 gal pot. Outdoor grown, remote and high stealth.
Both look to be suffering low N. and both are twice the size of lil’ tj.
Extreme LITFA was exercised in the outdoor grow, lucky there was so much rain.

1 gal pot

2 gal pot

After 4 days of drying

I had to harvest 2 or 3 weeks early, dammit.
Someone mowed down the vegetative screen I was growing them in an they were exposed.
Probably the road maintenance crew.
Rather than risk losing them I harvested them this past weekend.10/5-6

Bud shot from 1 gal pot

I know flowering clones has it’s detractors, but internodal bud spacing is a third or a quarter the distance apart compared to the parent plants.
Taking clones 21 days into flower appears to be a solid way to contain sativas, esp. indoors.
Although these plants have an aroma, it is not in the least skunky.

So there you have my wrap of this grow, I’ll to post some yield numbers and a smoke report later.

Thanks everybody!

19 Likes

Thanks. Never heard of anybody doing that. So, it stays in flower after it roots? Cool deal. peace

3 Likes

Short answer, no.
You have to throw it back in veg for it to branch properly
Flowering clones or “monster cropping” is probably the better term in case you do a search on it.
2 gal pot is a good example of the extreme branching clones produce in flower.
Usually the branching is more pronounced but these were topped from the seeded plants, clones taken form lower branches produce more.
Once plants are topped lateral branching dominates and the plant “forgets” to grow a mainstem.
There’s a name for this process but I lost the link to it.
The following is from GUIDE.pdf from icmag
Monster Cropping
Monster Cropping or Flowering Clones is another method of growing that was brought to my attention by one of our members; JWP, who also was kind enough to provide the pictures for this part of the guide. This method involves taking clones of flowering plants and then forcing them to root and re-veg, which eventually leads to very bushy plants with a great number of branches and nodes. I named this technique Monster Cropping because that is what you will get, real monster plants, but also because this method was introduced to the scene by a grower named greenmonster714. He in turn credits a grower named Feral for discovering this technique. Taking clones from flowering plants goes against all that has been said about cloning cannabis and might therefore seem a bit confusing at first but the science behind the technique is sound and the results speak for themselves.
You start by taking clones of a plant that is about 21 days into flowering. This seems to be the best time to do it but you can also take clones at a later stage with similar results. The lower branches make better clones as they have not yet become rigid and will also root faster and more easily than say the top cola. Move the new cutting into a glass of water and let it sit for a while in order to make sure that no air gets into the vascular system during handling, as this can be fatal to your new plant. You should make the cut so that it runs along the stem as this will increase the surface area for water and possibly nutrient uptake, depending on what method of cloning you use. Personally, I have found that using a small hydroponic setup or a propagation bubbler to be by far the best way to clone cannabis plants. I will not expand on the subject of cloning here, if you need more information on how to clone your plants, have a look at the official cloning thread
I…This also means that you will have to put the clone back under a veg light schedule of 20/4 or even 24/0. Any less and the clone might just continue flowering. Clones do not need strong light so a small CFL will do. You can remove some of the buds and leaves at this stage in order to encourage the plant to revert back into its vegetative cycle but leave the topmost shoot alone.
_ by JJScorpio _
It will take several weeks for the clone to root, some never do, so it is best that you take a great number of clones at the same time in order to ensure that at least one makes it on to the next stage. It might be a good idea to place the clones inside a humidity dome, which can be bought at gardening stores or custom built for your specific needs. The high humidity inside the dome will make sure that the plants do not dry out and die. Ventilate the dome every day just to make sure that the plants don’t get attacked by mold. Keep in mind however that the most important thing when it comes to cloning is to provide the fresh cuttings with plenty of oxygen and that is why the propagation bubbler is so effective compared to other methods.
The clones might be a sad sight at first but as soon as they root, they will also revert back into the vegetative stage and start growing again. Once the clones have rooted properly and started growing again, they will put out single unserrated leaves at first but the normal leaves are soon to follow. It might be a good idea to apply some training at this stage, tying down some of the tops will encourage even more branching. You can also provide some heat underneath the clones as this will speed up the rooting process considerably. When the plant starts growing again, the incredible branching power of the flowering clone becomes apparent.
As you can see, this plant has grown into a real monster, and all this without ever topping the plant. That’s the beauty of this technique; you can forget all about topping and FIM’ing since the flowering clone will sprout all these new branches all by itself.
This plant is now perfectly suited for a SCROG or perhaps even a SOG grow. This one plant can easily fill up an entire Scrog net in no time. Several of these plants grown in SOG will definitely give you a grand harvest.
There are other benefits from using this technique; it also removes the need for keeping mother plants. When the newly re-vegged plant is flowered, it can also provide more clones for a perpetual harvest. Recycling at its best. This might be of interest to those who need to keep down their number of plants.
Needless to say, this method is highly effective thanks to the heavy branching that occurs after a flowering clone is re-vegged. With further training and some patience, you will get some real monster plants and thereby also a monster harvest.

14 Likes