SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

1 is definitely male, 3 looks male. Rest are not far along enough for me to tell.

6 Likes

Unless I got my seeds mixed up - 3 is supposed to be feminized - I was surprised to see that

This is an image of a top node of 3

Thank you !

5 Likes

1 & 3 male based on the added photo.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I’m in-line with the other’s opinions…

Boy = 1,3
probably boy = 2,4
Wait and see = 5,6

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Thank you both! im hoping 3 was a mixup on my part othrwise, huge dissapointment.

5 Likes

5 looks male to me. Second node from top a little baby balls. IMO

2 Likes

I agree w the others above, a couple definitely males and the rest possibly males. I found the goji a little elusive in its sex reveal. They had long, curved, and sometimes horizontal growing calyx’s that at first appeared as possible males, but turned out to be female.

4 Likes

Ok so all were males and plus one I didn’t see before. Out of the 14 gojis I put to flower apparently I got 7 females (there’s one the jury is still out).

I moved everything into one tent

In red the Goji
In blue a Ghost Train Haze
In purple can be Baklava and/or Future 1

7 Likes

Ok so, ill just rant about IPM and ABAMECTIN VS NEEM ETC for a sec.

After TRYING to control the spider mite population with neem/insecticidal soap and manually killing them and/or spraying them off with water - I turned to the darkside.

I read some @vernal and @BigSur posts regarding the use of abamectin and spiromesifen

I only used abamectin (which by all accounts should be considered organic, but wont get into it) and it has worked wonders. not one single mother fucker in sight. NOT ONE. I dont want to have my dance parade yet cus I know fuckers are like magicians and can just appear mid flower (in which case, i would not use anything and just spray them off with water every 3 days - which is fucking tiring).

But thus far, insecticidal soap and neem did a lot of damage (even when lights out) but abamectin i swear they fucking love this thing. its like deep fried nutritious oreos for them, the next day they wake up all perky and i could swear theyre fucking happy i finally used something on them that works.

anywway that was my rant.

and these are the happy plants, im glad to see a happy tent for once in weeks.

9 Likes

I watch this whenever im not on my best - '90s COPS is best COPS

2 Likes

My cannagar was a bit of a failure but still enjoyable.

10 Likes

first things first, MANY thanks to @catapult for the dragons milk x (beatrix choice x black domina) and MANY thanks @Floyd for his GG4 S1 x GG4 RIL cross that saved my gorilla glue. first time I will be doing OG chucks (second if you count the Goji F2).

They are officially on water along with some Bodhi Smart Move

The tent has been filled with lilac diesel, two other gojis, and other plants that can be either Xanadu by Katsu, or Melonaid Skittles and Blue Sherbet by The Plug, I dunno which is which because they got mixed up… so… ill have to guess by common sense.

And finally, the Gojis, are doing fine… after two weeks of isolation and making sure the clawing was not due to bugs, lil hunched back motherfucker is back at the tent and showing some nice production.

hunch back

the room

the best looker

10 Likes

so five gojis threw a bunch of nanners and even pollen around (that i before had mistaken for gypsum) some are preggo real bad, but they look so nice and their terpene profile seems to be more complex than usual - that I couldnt cull them, so I’m giving them their own tent (I’ll watch for nanners) and see what happens

10 Likes

Nitrogen levels and a possible cause for hermies in prone strains (like goji).

background:

1. I know i tend to feed high in N (20-10-20 thru out, although some get monopotassium phosphate in flower and lower N). some plants like it, some others dont, so far most of my plants did really well, and one or two would show toxicity traits and i would go light on them (and increase PK with MKP).

2. I suspect the gojis clearly HATED the ratio. One clawed like hell (although it didnt herm) and the others threw bannanas really bad.

So i went out there and searched for the correlation and sure enough I found multiple studies indicating how the presence of N contributes directly to the ethylene production and how lower levels of N help boost ethylene (so thus, N toxicity would decrease ethylene)

for those who are not completely sure, ethylene is the hormone that induces female flower.

Nitrogen deficiency may play a positive role in ethylene biosynthesis and signaling as in silico analysis reveals the slight down-regulation of CTR1 and up-regulation of EIN3 under conditions of N starvation and low/high N levels. Zheng et al. (2013) have similarly found that low-level nitrate treatment induces rapid bursts of ethylene production and regulates the expression of the ethylene signaling components CTR1 , EIN3 and EIL1 , and NRT2 .1 in wild-type plants.

I dont want to be one of those people who draw general conclusions from one correlation they find.

so ill just categorize this as interesting, and keep researching.

9 Likes

weekend update. week 6 of flower (counted day of flip)

the gojis have apparently stopped producing nanner clusters. I moved them back together because of electric bills $$ and will be keeping a close eye in case any starts again.

skinny one (very pregnant)

rest of gojis

Future 1 and wedding cake x gelato

11 Likes

So frosty they make a person drool.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

science_in_hydroponics posted this on instagram. but ill save it here, i like it more

1 Like

I like this shirt a lot, I like the seeds a lot.

This will be my final purchase of the year.

apollo genius x wookie
pinesoul x wookie
strawberry milk x wookie
lush x strawberry milk
ghost og x 88g13hp
wifi 43 x 88g13hp

It’s funny, I wanted to stay away from wookie

7 Likes

Photo dump:

Strawberry headband
Babylon buster
Joy stick
Smart move
Floyds GG4
Catapults Dragons Milk x Bc/bd

Re veg attempt for Goji, and some other veg plants.

Lilac diesel, Goji, and 5 unknown plants ( that can be Xanadu, melonaid zkittlz, or blue sherbet)

10 Likes

Hey Bot, first off THANK YOU for this thread. I reference it often and love following along. In fact I joined OG because of your info after wanting to also replicate Dr. Bugbee’s methods …

Anyways would you mind sending me your exact flower recipe in grams/gal of peat-lite and same for any adds like MKP? I want to chart it next to other commercial fertilizer blends to see some deltas. I assume you’re just targeting 120N but you’ve mentioned N tox and such and it got me curious.

4 Likes