Let's go indoors, it's snowing outside!

Inspired to get off my old buns and see what i have left in the basement by uncle all’s Let me dust off my mothballed equipment and get glowing. However my stuff is left /overlooked equipment the DEA left behind including this little Gem. Haha a free hat!!!

8 Likes

So usually I am all organic. But for this grow I will stay as close as possible, within the best of my ability

. I have found 2 600 watt dimmable Lumatek digi ballasts. I actually used to run these under a piece of plywood to warm my cuttings and seedlings probably why they were overlooked, took 3 hours with qtips and alcohol to clean em all up nice!

3 Likes

The wife was good enough to get me a bag of soil which sounds ok for now, but I will be switching to Super soil

3 Likes

Sorry I’ve been slacking a little bit getting ready for the winter season but here are my babies put into paper towels on a plate covered with Saran Wrap for approximately 40 hours until the root itself is approx 3x longer than the seed casing. I find if you plant them earlier than this there success rates are greatly reduced

4 Likes

@Muleskinner likes this brand for store bought. Never tried it.

3 Likes

Nice hat! :womans_hat:
I’ve heard good things about that Coast of Maine stuff.

1 Like

I had a burpee 16xl laying around the garage for tomatoes so when the Sprouts were ready I put them a quarter of an inch under the surface after a watering with pH water to 6.5

. This is not my preferred method but we are shooting for cost effective on this run

1 Like

just a couple old shop lights I had laying around with the right light spectrum the one in back is actually LED. Keep in mind this is not my grow space it is a make-do spot for the moment I will be working on it as the grow progresses

2 Likes

And a couple of days later they’re looking happy

7 Likes

In case anybody is wondering that is approximately 2 full cups of coast of Maine Coast Stonington’s blend soil at the bottom of a #1 nursery pot. Apply some aloe water, and 4 more cups of soil, then place plant in and fill! I usually let these pots sit for a couple days b4 transplanting. also.There are many things in the aloe that help with cloning routing and sprouting. Aloe water can also be used at any time. However I would not foliar feed while in bloom say weeks 2 to 8
Aloe water: I take a gallon of water and add a small half inch by 1 inch aloe fillet, and just a couple drops of grandmas unsulphered molasses ( to get all the micro life activated and fed/ firing) to the water and let it bubble overnight with an air stone. Always Check ph. i run mine between 6.3 - 6.8, depending on cycle timing, naturally fluctuating for the most part

I like to bury them a little deep because I do not want my plants tall inside. outside i would go high to maximize root zone size.

4 Likes

some nice roots, i’ve never heard of this burpee system how does the self watering work? they wick only enough moisture as they need?

1 Like

And a couple days later it looks like they are getting their footing

4 Likes

Thanks!! aloe and water only,This is the first time I have used them for cannabis and I’m actually really really impressed the plants sit up on a plastic stand inside of the container and then the mat droops over both sides of the stand which in turn draws up a small amount of water that gets in contact with the Coco. I was concerned about this so at first hourly checks with my finger to check moisture levels and was impressed all the way throughUploading…

3 Likes

I’ve used those Burpee a couple of times. They work pretty good for what they are. :thumbsup:

1 Like

both times ive used them i had 100 % success rate. but always sprout outside of medium first then add. :wink:

1 Like

Stonington Blend looks like great stuff, a little pricey, I make my own “super soil” with Promix MP Organik and COM compost & worm casting products to keep the price down. What straind are you starting?

I had those purple Lumatek ballasts in 400w, too bad they went out of business, I think they were some of the best ones available.

1 Like

OOH NOOOES. i love mine. never had a problem bought in 2003 + 2005 those 2 took years of beatings, never a complaint. still the original fuses / never had to even hit the reset button. top quality as far as i’m concerned. so who is the new top dawg in 600’s? need a new one. just saw dual ended they look badass. i run one at 400 CMH for veg. swap over to 600 hps for couple weeks to help induce, then run both at 1 400 mh 1 600 HPS for 2-3 weeks. then dual 600"s dual hps last 2 weeks. it helps keep up with the height of my plants. and canopy penetration as well.

1 Like

So I woke up this morning to find that my house was freezing cold! and my boiler died!@! who cares if the pipes burst SAVE THE FUKIN PLANTS!#! so I had to jerry-rig a tarp up over them and the heat from the light and the added bucket of boiling water was enough to keep them warm all day

4 Likes

Now that the boiler is fixed it turns out it was dirty so he recommended that we run it on 100% for like 5 days straight. Now whenever the heat comes on it is about triple hot in that room measured at 102 degrees Fahrenheit. So at this point I jerry-rigged a twin bladed fan with some old 4 inch ducting that I had laying around the one in the left pumps cold air into the room and the one on the right actually sucks hot air out from above the radiator in the room.

adapt to the situation use what you have and by all means keep those temps right

6 Likes