SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

I only add the gypsum once when preparing the peat mix (at the start of the grow).

Bugbees tap water is heavier than mine so i need to add calcium in each fertigation (i add it with magnesium via calimagic - because my tap is about 100-120ppm). I add 3g to 4g per 10L. If I dont do that some plants may show calcium def.

2 Likes

This is strawberry headband, smart move, dragons milk x bc/bd, babylon buster, and gg4 all in 1 gal pots.

These were harvested today. im certain of the lilac diesel and goji, the rest im almost sure they are Melonaid Skittlz, Blue Sherbet, and maybe a Xanadu.

This should be blue sherbet

melonaid skttlz

Goji

Xanadu

lilac diesel

+more pics

12 Likes

Excited to see what you produce w the Dragon Milk cross. Im thrilled w it so far. Im getting an incredibly smooth strawberry kush smoke from mine. My hope was to find an occasional Strawberry Milk pheno (from grandma’s side) but in this first test batch, I ended up w 5 of 7 girls w strong strawberry terps all throughout flower which have held through cure. They’ve changed a bit, the strawberry has backed off though it’s still there and especially on the after taste. Really smooth, creamy chem notes dominate the flavor at first pull.

5 Likes

That sir is frosty!! Beautifully done.

2 Likes

Lovely looking nugget bot, looks more like ice than frost :+1:

2 Likes

Nitrogen def? i feed high in N so - prob nutrient lockout. PHed flush and cross fingers. Otherwise, its roots… and damn.

2 Likes

thanks! maybe not as good as it looks, but a solid sativa high. ill wait for curing to check on flavor etc.

1 Like

Ok small update. these are all 1 gal pots. week 5 flower.

1. @Floyd GG4 are looking stellar. smell is a bit on the citrus side but theres also a little earthy/chem from the GG4 S1 i knew. very curious about how these develop.

1. @catapult dragon milk x black domina/beatrix choice, there is one that smells exactly, exactly, like tangerines.

1. strawberry headbands have developed a sweet/candy with a bit of citrus, some others smell like candy with a bit of chem/gas. Unfortunately one of the Strawberry headbands has a serious root issue (at first i thought deficiency/ph issue, but a phed flush did not help) imma let her finish if she doesnt start throwing nanners.

1. the smart moves have a fake/candy lemon smell, reminds me A LOT of Ethos Apex, but sweeter.

11 Likes

Thanks for the update. They look amazing, they all do.
Amazing what your doing in 1 gallon pots.

1 Like

thank you for them! i wish i kept a male around (i had a three-cotyledon male that grew well), but i still have more seeds and gg4 plants in veg.

once the pheno hunt is over im planning on switching back to 3-5 gal pots, and see how they grow in there.

2 Likes

many have prob already seen this…

PTA president shows you whats hip hop.

1 Like

I cant seem to find the Dr Bugbee vid that shows is use of Calcim Carbonate in conjunction with Gypsum. I use solution grade gypsum on the off chance its a bit more available to the plants.
I would love to find a updated version of all his amendments he uses at this point and a way to follow any changes they make. I admit I do add a percentage more gypsum than he recommends. And I use Jacks for RO @ about 75% plus less than a gram of Epsom roughly every other feed.

2 Likes

hmmm i dont remember that one. i just remember gypsum.

it should!

they have a paid course.

are you noticing ay deficiencies?

this was the last setup i knew he gave at his course. a user here took some of the lessons. i wish he could share that info with us, but it is prob a sensitive thing to ask…lol.

75% peat, 13% vermiculite, 12% rice hulls, 0.7kg/m3 wetting agent, 1kg/m3 wollastonite, and 1.3kg/m3 hydrated lime.

4 Likes

Epsom does help. I use RO water and that line of Jack’s specifically calls for 1 gram of epsom not sure if other jacks like 321 do or not. I’d be interested in the online thing but for a simple home grower it’s too expensive.

2 Likes

Yeah, epsom is the ‘1’ in 321. :wink:

4 Likes

these are the spirit hashplant + terpenados about to be flipped in 2 days (the one in the corner has me nervous… hopefully that def will stop advancing. i corrected ph and feed, not sure what is causing it… cut the leaf to measure/mark progress of the yellowing)

these (seedlings on solos) are Doc D’s (Magic Spirit) sour d x a5 haze + black energy - really excited about these. Have been trying to get my hands on proven sour diesel cross for a while now, plus the black energy photos that ive seen look great.

there is also a bit of smart move and strawberry headband clones

1 gal pots - 7 weeks.

GG4 by Floyd - all citric/earthy/chem covered in snow.

smart moves - smell like lemon, candy, mint, and some bubblegum. i am really scared these will develop bud rot, continuously checking them.

babylon buster - average earthy smell but it has been a nice grower. no fuzz, no bullshit, nice trichome coverage. i was hoping to have some mango or fruit smell from the dreadbread but nope.

strawberry headband - all smell like burnt tires, citric, chem, and then some sweet. its sort of interesting and a bit of alet down. at first two of them smelled super sweet, but that has faded all the way into the back.

dragons milk - i had three dm x bd/bc female. one i had to cull, another one smells earthy and this one with a very fruity/strawberry smell with nice coverage.

17 Likes

Wow, just wow! That is a beauty in that first photo.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

What’s the most potent strain you’ve grown ?

1 Like

@Billybob hey man not sure why i had not seen this.

mm perhaps GG4 overall. there was a pheno in the Goji OG F2 that was also quite strong.

1 Like

My most potent strain I’ve grown is killer glue. Perfect hybrid

1 Like