SPIDER MITE BATH in flower!?

Did it with no good results ā€¦ :sweat:

2 Likes

I just put a garbage bag over the pot and taped it tight to the trunk. Filled a tall 35 gallon tub with water, put 2 bits of wood across the top to support the pot above the water, and put her in upside down for 40 minutes. Kills the mites not 100% sure on the eggs though.

@JoeCrowe will give you more info I am sure.

2 Likes

Here you go.

4 Likes

Soap kills mites by suffocation, have some doubts that may happen also with eggs, once you have to rinse the plant ā€¦ icon_e_confused|nullxnull

ā€¦ā€˜probably gonna have to burn the place down

Probably need to forget it & restart after cleaning and then more cleaning.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

How far in flower?

Just went through this for first time ever in 6 plus years home growing. Tried to fight it for a week or so and was loosing so I cut my losses and tossed everything except two small bonsai moms. I nuked them with all the pesticides over a couple weeks with everything in rotation some people go apeshit about and after a few weeks took cuts and tossed all the old moms and soil. Those cuts are now in the tent which I ALSO trashed and replaced which I may not have needed to do. While the cuts were rooting and starting for about 4 weeks I repeatedly cleaned and bleached etc the now empty grow space. Fingers crossed and so far so good. Plus as soon as I put the new cuts in soil I bought predator mites. Need to get cuts while those are in veg for new moms. Ghost and Chiquita banana and the Chiquita was the clone I bought and carried the borg in. My mistake I wonā€™t ever make again. Have bought a few new cuts and they get Azamax as soon as they hit the door and planted. Plus quarantined as best I can. Lessons learned I hope.

1 Like

7 weeks - mild infestation but itā€™s gonna get worse

Id be getting predators asap. Still 50/50

3 Likes

Lower temps and up the fan power , this will help slow them down and let you finish

: )

2 Likes

What I found in the study was I could seriously hit the colony hard, but not wipe it out, if I just took the plant and gave it several showers then another one in bloom. The colony was impacted by that and couldnā€™t spread to other plantsā€¦ at least they didnā€™t heh heh. I would pull off lots of leaves and take the plant in the lid and put it in the shower, scrubbing and spraying it good, then trot it back into the bloom room once there was less dripping. I had no dirt or anything to content with, it was just plant and a bare root ball since I use deep water culture. The eggs are attached to the plant by a single strand of spider silk. Strong, but not invincible.

3 Likes

ā€œim from Buenos Aires and I say kill them allā€.

Iā€™ve seen a 3 part dip that included baking soda once???

Oh, forgot to mention. Just spraying water on the plant with a sprayer had no effect on the mites. In case anyone was wondering hah hah they can get washed off, but just crawl back onto the plant. They can easily make it 90cm on their own.

2 Likes

I had those fuckers on my last plants,they got out from nowhere and I noticed Them on week 5 or so.One of my two autoflowers got Them but the other plant that stayed close never got Them,weird enoughā€¦well,I tried to kill Them with my hands,with azamax,then tried temperature.Every damn night I put my microscope,laid down on the floor and killed with my hands lot of them.I managed doing so ti keep them busy and harvested as fast as fuck boy,on week 9.Later I did a Bud wash with 3% peroxide and water,rinse with waterā€¦the Bud quality After curing(62-60%Rh in jar,stable since 4 months) Is awesome,said from a friend Who smokes weed since he was 14,so,do not give up,Chase Them,slow Them and harvest earlier Maybe.Totally doable.After that run,I washed even my balls with alchool and Bleach.Did not got Them in my actual autosā€¦yet!

2 Likes

I had them from a clone gifted to me an it took my entire grow down in a 5x5 tent, fking things were on my indoor fire extinguser and the inside cloth were the zipper is installedā€¦

I had to dust poweder everything then vacume then pine soil the entire tent, and all that goes back insideā€¦ plants main stems looks like they were yellow sucked nuts from the plants insidesā€¦

Take a leaf and look with a microscope , wtf!!! these bugs have straws on their backs they use to stick in the branches and stems to suck the plant nuts fom within the plants , they are some sick looking bugsā€¦

I now treat my plants with rem oil ā€¦ Good luck we all feel for youā€¦

5 Likes

If it is this one it was very helpful for me ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

:ok_hand: :+1: I C/P this Infoā€¦ Always good to have a selection when it comes to these little mitesā€¦

3 Likes

Reading this shit scares the shit out of me but I suppose itā€™s good to be prepared just in case. I definitely feel for all of you who told nightmare stories.

1 Like

Just burn the house down and move. Start a new life.
Seriously, these things are a major pain in the ass.
I wish you luck.

2 Likes