Spider mites on my plant, my plan to stop em

Sevin will kill mites and other bugs but it’s less effective on mites, mites are pretty tough and there’s so many of them and then the eggs. Absolutely no way residual effect is gonna go a full 3 months. Half life of carbaryl is only a few days.

2 Likes

here’s what I’m using. It’s raining but I’m going to apply anyway and reapply

1 Like

It’s more of a discouragement/preventative than a cure, unfortunately. They’ll still be there. Smells kinda nice though.

If you keep up on spraying multiple times a week they’ll likely not get much worse, but it’s gonna be a long hot summer my dude. You’ll probably be fighting until harvest unless you use something more effective.

1 Like

Do to the ecosystem outdoors many pest problems indoors arnt pests outdoors. Spider mites are much easier to get rid of outdoors than in and typically only require one or 2 neem applications before they just move on. Since he moved his plants outdoors the plant wont have nearly the hardship it would have indoors

2 Likes

Not true at all. I’ve seen outdoor plants covered in mites. Not just Cannabis, either. Talking full webs. They don’t take a hit of neem and just leave lol.

Mites are 100% a pest outdoors, homie. Indoor is not a “hardship” to plants.

2 Likes

Follow the good man’s @Tinytuttle instructions on how to make JWA

I use it and it works everytime. @Badger is also an advocate

Fatty :v:t4:

4 Likes

Yes I have had them outdoors on fruit trees and cannabis. I guess I was lucky as that’s all I had to do to get rid of them. Certain species of mites could be harder to get rid of as well. When I had them indoors I watered with neem and sprayed over a period of 3 weeks every couple days. And then once a week after that. That got rid of them in my perpetual cycle. Not as effective as some products. But safe.

1 Like

My favorite no taste no smell good right up to harvest .https://shop.doctorzymes.com/

3 Likes

I only ment that as bugs flourish indoors. Indoor growing certainly isn’t a hardship to plants.typically its a better environment.

1 Like

If you have access to a rain barrel you can try washing the whole plant by submerging it under water . I’d be spraying right up till you see buds forming.
Vernal is correct out door conditions won’t stop the mites you need to take action and kill them ASAP . Capture some lady bugs and dump them on your infected plants.

2 Likes

Definitely some truth to that. Ones that show up “naturally” on OD plants from other “regular” plants probably aren’t going to be as pesticide resistant as the mite populations that have been riding from grow room to grow room on clones for last 10+ years lol.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of this brand from Dude Grows. I got a pen and pencil, taking every recommendation

100 % agree brother. Some build up extra resistances “super bugs”

1 Like

I’ll definitely look into and invest in some potash. It’d be cool if I could find it at my garden store

1 Like

Just gonna leave this here too. While my recommendation may work and is one of the few options for organic gardener. @vernal recommendations will deffinetly kill them dead 100% if you go the route.

1 Like

Yeah this is no clone. Literally all I did was once I saw pistils/hairs and could smell the plant from the view window, I moved it outside.

Grown from seed by Gas Reaper Genetics. I’m convinced it would have been smooth sailing if I hadn’t moved it to the jungle that is my veggie garden… lol

I’ve had great success with lost coast plant therapy at 1oz/gal and 99% isopropyl at 1oz/gal. Spray every other day for a week or two. If plant therapy’s out of your price range, look for something that has a suffocant oil. The soybean oil in the plant therapy suffocates them and the iso dehydrates them. It’s not a systemic solution but it’s definitely helped me save a lot of plants. Only thing is it’ll nuke your beneficials as well, but it’s super safe for the plant and pretty damn mild even as far as organic pesticides go.

2 Likes

Ok yeah I’ll definitely look into it. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Pour 8 ounces of 3-percent hydrogen peroxide in 1 gallon of water, and add 8 ounces blackstrap molasses or white sugar. Stir the solution and pour it into a spray bottle. Then, spray the plant with the mixture, fully soaking the surface underneath the leaves, the soil and the crown of the plant. - from google

Also sprinkle baking soda around plants…

1 Like