Spillz907 grow diary 2024

Yeahhhhh!! Let’s gooooa

1 Like

UPS just dropped off the tent and we got our first helmet head:

I wasn’t planning on doing this for awhile but I think I might lean into cloning the first tops of the females… I’d like to try 4 or 5 three gallons on the first grow and I don’t think I’m going to get 4 females with this batch.

Can someone recommend me a cloning kit of some kind? Maybe a rock wool setup? I’ve only ever used water and humidity domes and want something a little faster and more reliable so i can just clone off the females and add them to this run.

Any recommendations on cloning supplies?

3 Likes

Let’s gooooo

Not the final setup… sorry for the mess… but not bad based on the blueprint I think. Just gotta figure out how to program this now.

@Ris really happy with AC Infinity so far

7 Likes

I was hoping to have about eight sprouts to put in there, but I only have four due to germination issues.

I’ll have to stagger my growth starts a little bit which kind of sucks… but I guess can just top the first ones a few times give them a little extra veg- waiting on some seeds now…Going to move the seedlings in there tomorrow though once I get all the stuff set right.

So far I have:

Orange sunshine f2 by @50state from 2017
Purple Berry Kush by aurora cannabis
XJ crossed with something unknown by @99percent from 2017
A local bred Bubba Kush cross - by the fireweed factory

Hoping for females :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Very nice! Look forward to your grow withe the four. Best of luck!!

1 Like

Heck yeah man you are well on your way! Some may disagree however I find that when I run temps a little warmer say between 79 and 81f when germinating I tend to get like 15 females out of 18 seeds popped. This has been consistent for me since the beginning of using this technique. If you want to dive down the rabbit hole theres quite a bit of information online to back the results I’ve had. Hope you have a killer first run man :call_me_hand::tada::fire:

1 Like

Thank you!

Yeah definitely went down the rabbit hole-

I went ahead and ordered an AC infinity germination kit with a heating pad with root riot cubes so should have everything in order that gets here for future germ/cloning.

The seeds I had ended up just being too old/bad… don’t really think I was going too much wrong… tried peroxide, aloe, heat mat, and various different techniques… they just didn’t respond for the most part.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

I admit I haven’t researched these LEDs yet. Except for that they are good for this space. I’ve got them set at 50% on the dimming and have them about 18 inches above the top of the seedlings right now. Temp is around 75 and humidity is around 60%.

I’m using two VivarSpectra Pro XS1500, 150w each.

Is there some app I should have on my phone to be measuring the light intensity or something like that that you guys use?

I’m just making sure I’m safe for overnight and through work tomorrow… Will research this tomorrow As far as how far the light should be away from the plants/dimming setting/stage plant growth, and all that.

1 Like

If the first petal type leafs stay vertical and don’t want to fall to horizontal

Then is deffo too bright

Same as very new tips , if very tip top leafs grow vertical too long and don’t fold down to horizontal to expose next new growth to the light
Then too bright

: )

2 Likes

Great thanks. Yeah, I noticed they sort of start out pointing upward and then gradually flat out… So just to confirm- if they’re pointing upward and don’t flatten out that means the light is too bright.

Flattening out is probably the plants way of ‘welcoming’ the light and not blocking it then

1 Like

Yes if they take to long to unfold

Too bright

It’s hurting the very very new growth so that growth takes longer to unfold

Has to grow bigger befor it can unfold to handle it

Then serrations curl upwards if not addressed getting worse as plant grows closer to light

1 Like

They’re coming in pretty bright green. At least the purple berry Kush is a little bit darker. The other three are fairly lime.

I’ll probably give them another week or two in the small containers and then pot them… It’s been a while since I’ve done this

Feel so good though :+1:

Can’t wait to not treat my buds like shit after I harvest them (Been smoking dispensary the whole time).

1 Like

@ifish do you really think I should try to get cap junky in on this run? I still gotta figure out these lights, nutes, etc.

I guess it depends on how many males I end up with. Don’t really want more than four plants this grow or maybe ever in a 4 x 2

Pop more seeds
And be ruthless and pick four
There’s always more seeds

Males , mutants ,the weak
They all must die

2 Likes

Would if I could!

I’m thinking maybe cloning the first tops might be the better option at this point since I’m still waiting on fresh seeds

Wow great to see your thread

I’ll tag along I’ll be in the recliner joint rolled and popcorn in hand
Let the show begin

Puff puff :dash: pass

3 Likes

Thanks man yeah, I never thought I’d get to grow again I’m so excited.

1 Like

See how some of your petal shape leafs are upward v shape
At that time light was too bright and still could be

Instead of being too bright and dailing it down ( stressful damaging )
Go not bright enough ( stretching ) and dail up

Less chance of disaster

Same as feeding , as a rule of thumb and all things with growing in general

3 Likes

Yeah, I think they were stretching a little bit sitting in the window under the CFL bulb. Pretty sure they are starting to like the tent after being in there for a day now.

Not bad for not having to adjust anything yet… Fans are all super low speed… could go up a few degrees while they’re small.

It’s a fun process

Orange sunshine is looking a little runtish… we’ll see what happens… other 3 look good.

2 Likes

This one saveable? Not sure if it’s just a runt or what but not looking very happy. I could put a dome over it

1 Like