Split plant seeming unhappy

Hello! I’m new to growing cannabis, but I have quite the green thumb. I have inherited a handful of plants, and one of them split right down the middle before I got it. I don’t know how to remedy this situation. Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to heal this split?! It’s starting to look quite sad from the bottom and I’m so so worried she will die :frowning:

6 Likes

I would use a cotton string or something, small strip of gaze that will alowe the plant to breath.
It will heal much faster, then with the tape, but tape could work too I guess.

And just keep supporting the branches, taking the weight of the split stem.

3 Likes

Ah great idea, thank you!!!

2 Likes

Does this seem about right?

7 Likes

yeah I think that will be better, now it’s just about giving it rest and keeping it healthy.

3 Likes

I’ve used electrical tape & seen duct tape used but you’re doing fine. :thumbsup: Splinted & staked. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Just give it a bit of LITFA and it should be fine. :+1::seedling:

5 Likes

Hi Lion Lady, glad you managed to find and join OG, looks like you’re getting good help already. Once you get set up properly, start a grow journal so you have a home here to show your grow, and get help and all the info stays in one place making it easier for you and anyone helping, it will save a lot of questions every time you post.

4 Likes

You should be good to go now, in the future you will want to adjust your potting mix to allow for more drainage.

3 Likes