Stankonia's Wonderland

If you or someone you know has the skills to spec. out a driver, DigiKey delivers to the door…
I’m repairing my old Kind LED that way.

But at some point, they are all ‘toast’ :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I don’t even know what that means lol

1 Like

Are you saying it’s like…not the leds burnt out? Like it’s circuit thingie?

1 Like

I had a few of those style LEDs partially burn out… typically it’s a connection to the circuit that’s burnt out, not the actual LEDs. It looks like there’s 3/4 or 5/6 circuits not firing on yours. That said, it’s questionable whether it’s worth even spending the money on repair now, aren’t these like $40 to buy new at this point? But yeah, the upshot is the actual LEDs are probably fine. They don’t burn out en masse like that, it’s just that the blurples have 4-6 rather fragile connectors in the back and each one controls a set of LEDs; they’re laid out so each one controls what looks like a tetris piece. On yours, it seems only the top one is still working currently.

Here’s the email response I got from the company that made mine when I inquired about a warranty replacement. I also had to replace one of the boards for the smaller ones, which had only 4 connectors but was otherwise the same construction:
Dear ***,
Thank you for your mail.
Could you send us pictures showing the front panel when the light/ off for our reference?
The light could work again after replacing the parts.
Could you substitute other power inside the light to see if the led lite again? Kindly know there are 6pcs power drivers inside the light.
Unplug the light, open the light case, switch power and see if any difference made.

3 Likes

LMFAO I would not know what to do with that email at all!

Basically it involves unscrewing it, tracking which wires go where and switching them with each other until you can figure out which drivers are dead. Then you’d replace those drivers. That part I’m not entirely clear on. :wink: Like I said, I just got new boards from the companies because they were under warranty. I ended up getting new white LEDs and haven’t looked back… I might use the blurples if I somehow find myself running out of lights, but when they start dying I probably won’t bother repairing them. If I were you, and yours are off warranty like I’m assuming, I’d consign the dying one to the junk pile.

2 Likes

Yeah I bought that thing like 6 years ago. If I were to try and fix it. I would be for fun or just to see if I can. But I’ll probably toss it because I know myself and I’ll never get to it.

1 Like

Sorry I had too :sweat_smile::pray::pray::pray::fire: the opp f2 from Scharm :fire:and imagine this crossed with sssdh :raised_hands:

10 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

2 Likes

Ok so I moved the goji males out of the goji tent for now.

And replaced them with the females from the other tent.

This is temporary until I order a fan and carbon filter for tent#3

So the roster is:

Back middle is goji#2
Middle middle is goji#5
Front right goji#7
Back left and middle left are both Yuzu
Back right is swakhammer
Middle right is tangie

The other tent has just the goji males (#1,3,4 and 6) I will update soon…maybe

10 Likes

Those plants are gorgeous and healthy af !!! Also I’d like to mention, how uniform they are.
:star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks, the girls are older than the gojis by 2 weeks. But I had better timing with the goji transplants. I was goofing off a bit with the others and was a bit more harsh. (Late transplant from solos and topping while still in the solos stunted their growth a bit.)

But that ended up being a good thing as it let me sync up the grows on the same schedule and flip date. At least this way I can swap to different tents as I need to.

3 Likes

Ok quick update. The goji males are culled and now the females are in that tent, hopefully pregnant

The “personal stash” tent is still both yuzus and 1 tangie 1 swakhammer

Yuzu front left flopped over a bit but her sister is reaching tall! The tangie is stacked! And the swakhammer has the prettiest buds so far. I will take better pictures in a cpl hours if I can.

7 Likes

Sorry been a while, had a lot going on and didn’t take pics of the finish… just assume I’m awesome and don’t over think it. Alright let’s move on…

My brother has me starting plants for him as well so I’m a little bit scattered. @DannyTerpintine that swakhammer was a hit…I’m gonna pop more soon but do it differently this time maybe. Anyways…

Right now Im vegging:

2 black snow (@anonymous4289)

1 Orange-Gasm (Irie)

2 White Cherry Truffle

3 Sensi Four-Way

Working on clones as well in the 2x4, which is also housing my wife’s citrus tree (until we’re positive its gonna stay warm enough outside)

those are all the tops of the plants.
Leaves are a little bit jacked up.

But it’s working, so I think it will be fine.

That’s it for now, gotta clean the other tent and get new beans started, see ya soon!

7 Likes

cool man, i can’t wait to see how they turn out for you. feel free to post on the “Black Snow The Grow Show” thread, i’m sure everyone will love to see your progress.

4 Likes

Oops I totally forgot to update there! Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

And I also forgot to check my cloner…haven’t even unzipped this tent door in 4 days.

I forget many things, or just plain get lazy tbh

I could tell by the growth up top I was gonna see some roots below…

but dayum!

8 Likes

So my brother @Skunkworks gave me a plant to veg while he flips his lights… it ended up having a growth spurt and grew huge fan leaves… like huge.

He found it in a bag that was sold to him as sherblatti…in my (brief) research, I found only sherblatto but I read that strain is sativa dominant which would be weird… so I aint sure what this is, but it’s gonna be interesting!

5 Likes

Sorry I’ve been very lazy guys. I will update on my current run soon.

2 Likes

Very short list this time: 2 flowering ladies i got from my brother @Skunkworks
Who recently bought a whole bunch of goodies from @JohnnyPotseed

These 2 are chemdawg x gsc aka “dawg biscuits”

5 Likes