Star Dogs grow moving forward

top work Dog.
It’s times like these I think it’s a shame you are so far North :wink:

1 Like

Hey folks, I’m pimping my tent with mylar, I’ve got a Diy reflector made with mylar it makes a worthy difference, with a 720w bar light it increased the intensity 20% at the foot of it falling to 6-7% in the center

I’m going to fix the back wall behind the bars and hang the others like the reflector, they’ll be easier to work with and easier to make and hang.
Before…

After, the light meter on the bucket was reading 4,5/45k lux with the mylar in place and the reflector it’s 6.8/68k lux, I’ve still got bits to cut out and tidy up it’s only roughly fitted in atm.

I’ve read about hotspots caused by flat mylar but I’ve never had any trouble even with it tight up to a 720w bar light and plants right at it, let’s see what happens?

Take it easy folks.

3 Likes

Just got caught up on your journal. I really enjoyed them on the other forum and look forward to you posting some updates on what you’re up to in the grow. Hope all is well and your garden is doing great.

1 Like

Hey buddy its been a while, how’s things?
I’ve not been online due to some unforseen circumstances.

However :smile:… I’ve kept busy with some Khalifa limon blanco, cheese dipz and gorilla glue.
I’ve also flowered some other gorilla glue, blueberry twist, cheese dipz, kush, king gelato and bluchi…

Talking of bluchi (blue cheese x biker kush) I managed to graft some blueberry lemon shake up to the bluchi mother, I’m pretty pleased with my efforts :star_struck:

Coco growers?
2023_1029_020206_921_1
Micro organisms in run off from coco and a+b

Random pic…Transpiration as it happens!

Edit…if i can upload the full video/s I will

Take it easy folk’s

3 Likes

That Bluchi you grow always impressed me. If you’re ever interested in swapping some snips DM me. I’ve built up a fairly decent roster of clone only stuff I’d be happy to trade. Hope things are going well for you, I always liked watching your journals. I’m fighting a jungle in my veg tent hoping to flip soon. I have Triangle Kush, Trinity, Motorbreath 15, Black Triangle, Blue Dream and Heavenly Hashplant up for this flower run and might try to squeeze in Wedding Cake and or Irene Kush if there’s space for them.

2 Likes

My bluchi and Blueberry lemon shake up graft.

I’m not planning on flowering it atm but I’m curious to see if changing the root stock affects the typical blsu bud size.

4 Likes

What’s up @Star_Dog ! Did you get that salmon , friend?

2 Likes

Hey buddy, did i get that salmon?
sorry i don’t understand what you mean lol.

Last I heard your rivers were to low during the season . The Salmon wernt coming in.Any how it’s nice to see your grow again.

1 Like

Ah right :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes bud you’re right enough as luck would have it earlier in the year i cancelled a weeks fishing due to the lack of water.

However I didn’t end the season without a bend in my rod :star_struck:, my fishing pics are on another phone I’ll copy the best one’s over and post them.

2 Likes

Hey folks i’ve been ofline for a while due to some unforseen circumstances so I’ve not been able to note the progress of various projects, the grafting for example.
I actually done the graft during the summer and i had kept pic’s of the progress to share, unfortunately I lost the phone/photos.

Where I’m at…
I’ve been continuing with flipping seedlings after say 5/10 days it depends how they pop from seed, some naturally trap better.

A bonus benefit to flipping seedlings for me is I can initiate flowering under t5s so it’s weeks less in the flower room and that adds up to possibly a full crop more over the growing season/year?

It’s taken me a while to get down on paper so my theory might be flawed, it’s going to be another interesting year in the garden :star_struck:

Pineapple chunk I could do with getting done, I’m having to run everything for 1 plant.

I thought a 18/24 hour vegging period was a necessity for a good root ball/yeild but it doesn’t appear to be the case.

After that pineapple chunk is out of the way I can get on with these.
Flipped 19th November (front 3)
Screenshot_20231202_001421_Gallery
I love growing weed :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

If I thought I could get a terp profile from that pineapple chunk I’d pull it just now, what do you guys think?

Edit…in the pic above I’d recently trimmed the grafted plant back to the wood lol, it’s had a few days now to establish a bit more growth

Take it easy folk’s.

2 Likes

A picture taken earlier of the grafted plant.

I’ve a plant dragging it’s heals it’s starting to threaten my schedule.

They’ve been around 20c for 7/8 days I’m surprised at how they look tbh though they weren’t growing much at all.

I’ll put them t5s until I get that pineapple chunk finished.

Instead of just waiting I cut some testers from it a couple of days back.

I can’t say I’m not pleased with the bud size but it’s the flavour/terps that’s important to me.

1 Like

I’ve got a Swiss skunk, king gelato and blueberry twist growing atm.
I gave them 10 days @24hrs light.

Day #1 flipped

Today I re potted them into 5ltr airpots.

That’s 26 days since flipping.
Screenshot_20231215_194550_Gallery Screenshot_20231215_194608_Gallery
They’re doing well considering the temps haven’t been ideal, I’ve got the hid out so they’re basking in heat now :grinning:

4 Likes
  Dtw v autopot ?

I’d anticipated 4 plants but one seedling stalled after opening its cotlydons.

So, today I decided I needed a 4th plant, after some thinking I decided I’m going to try my autopot.
I’ve been meaning to give it a try for ages so I’ve taken this opportunity.

I re potted a king gelato and og kush into the autopot pots, I’m hand feeding for now, when I start flowering them in 7/10 days I’ll put them into the autopot module.

Edit…I’m a dumb ass, going from 3 to 5 was a side step, I’ve re potted the limon blanco to give me 6 in total.

Let’s see how it goes.

2 Likes

I can guess how! It will raise the bar like every plant you touch.

2 Likes

Hey folks, how’s everyone?

Things are coming together nicely, today I put the two autopot plants into 12-12 with the skunk, gelato and blueberry.

I re potted a limon blanco yesterday it’s still under t5s I’ll give it a few days then put it in with the others.

Being Christmas I’ve treated myself to another small tent to aid me with my seedlings preparation.
Green-Qube-V-GQ60-0.6-x-0.9-x-0-500x500
1 month in that under t5s and they’re ready to rock!

Alternatively I’ll have a spare tent :joy:

Take it easy folk’s

4 Likes

The pics above don’t do them justice…

I wish I’d learned 12-12 from seedling years ago!

5 Likes

It’s coming together nicely im pleased with it, there’s a few things I still need to do but I can’t atm.

They’re about to really start stretching so I need to let them fill out before I know what’s going where, I like the taller ones to the side and the shortest in the middle to balance out the light intensity.

36 days 12-12 seeds
limon blanco re-ptd 3/4 days ago and put into 12-12 sat
Kush and gelato were re potted a week ago and flipped sat (± 1 day)
That should work out near enough at the end :sweat_smile:

Edit…I cut the growing tip from 1 plant today, it’s the least developed with flower it’s still got a bit to go.

I might defoliate it depending on how it stretches?

Edit…
I got the autopot module into the tent and the pots in it.

Merry Christmas everyone :mrs_claus:

4 Likes

A few updated pics.
I’ve defoliated the gelato, the 2 other aren’t going to stretch much more I’d say 20" but the gelato is still stretching hence the reason for nipping out the tip shoot.

Autopot pics.

There’s not really much left to do with the plants except the waiting lol.

I’m still hand feeding them I need to get the auto feeder set up.

I’ve got it set up so that I can feed them with a syringe pushed into the tubing.

It’s handy but I need to automate it this week.
Edit…
After nipping out the tip of the gelato.

Take it easy!

7 Likes

I was going to use a 720w bar light but I feel I’ve blew this one, things aren’t in sync and I’m not waisting my time, effort and money on it.

I’ve put a 2nd 250w bar light and turned down the 300w to 250w so 500w over the canopy, it’s still to fill out remember.

It’ll work out OK I’m not concerned about it, lesson learnt.

There’s 3 seed plants (tallest)
And 3 clones flipped last week.

Edit…profanity :frowning:

Take it easy!

5 Likes