Starting a 2nd grow

Where do they go from here, and when?

I think you have the right balance. Keep on keeping on.

That is my question to you :hand_splayed: It is so great to be able to get advise and guidance on this grow.

1 Like

Well I don’t usually use peet pucks, but I think it goes a little like this.

Once the roots are popping out of the peet puck, prepare a container.

I would start with something about the size of a 12 Oz Plastic Solo Cup.

I like the cups as affordable food safe containers but I add my own drainage.

Will you use store bought soil?

I have already bought a complete soil to start with. Trying to KISS these babies.

I used the red solo cups last time I drilled 5 holes in the bottom. I started those in Rockwool.

3 Likes

What have we got?

This is sooo important.

I might need to see the ingredients and a pic of the soil, if I am not familiar with the brand.

Will do. It was posted on a thread here and made in my state so I called and found were it is sold.

You mean Michigan Maine Mix, in a white bag?

That is some of the best store bought soil if so.

It is in a white bag with their old label. I found the new label on another thread.

Beautiful.

So, I would put enough soil in the container to bring the seedling a little below the top edge of the container (less mess).

From there, seeing your other plants, I think you are in good shape. You might start the seedlings in larger containers if you have a schedule that you like. These days, I am trying to find ways to minimize the root ball while not loosing time or much yield.

Should I still go plug, solo cup, to 1 gal and than 3 gal after 2 week flower like you suggested on the others?
I only did Happy frog in the cups and 1 gal on the others.

That is the optimal path to big chunk flowers and healthy plants.

Take the pebble from my hand.

Happy Frog is pretty good, but you will need to feed them before they become root bound as the nutes are a little thin. I have been using Alaska brand Fish Fert along with top dressing from my indoor compost pile and liberal doses of kelp meal.

Adding some nutes dry into the Happy Frog may bring it up to the point where it will make it.

1 Like

Now you need to advise me on the WW which are close to flowering and how to properly grow these babies as I did everything wrong on the WW.

These plants are beautiful and you are doing fine.

First relax and remind yourself you are doing fine.

I can yack for hours and not really be of help. It will be efficient if you ask questions along the way.

I am at your service.

I will be going to bed soon.

2 Likes

Every one is back together.

@99PerCent How far should the T5 floro be from the babies. I have them as far from the 315 as I could in a 4X4 tent.

3 Likes

In the first few days keep them at a distance of about 3 feet and move them in as soon as they look comfortable. The T5 is very friendly.

Keeping them close to the T5 will help minimize stretch in the early phases of development.

1 Like

The H babies are under the T5 and it is only about 6" up as they started to stretched. Is was only 2" above the WW when seedling.
The WW are under the 315 on the other side and about 18-24 inch above teen/pre-flowers.
Is the T5 to close? It doesn’t give off heat. I can lay my hand on it for way more than 10 sec. Now the 315 would melt my shirt when I got to close… Need help getting this right for both together Should I block the 315 from the babies?.

1 Like

Nah, it should be OK.

There are different kinds of burn too, but the T5 is about as easy going as they get.

Keep the pics flowing. It helps all around.

The stray light from the 315 should not present a problem.

1 Like

Uhh, be sure it isn’t too hot. This is a good question.

Moved them into red cup with a clear cup inside. I got to see the tape root poking out the bottom of four of them.
I used a little of this in a spray bottle;
Superthrive Rooting Hormone Liquid Concentrate, 2 Ounce

Is the light to close???

1 Like