Starting a 2nd grow

My computer wouldn’t work right as I was reading your post.

1 Like

At your leisure. We’ll do the best we can to help you along.

thrips will leave white/silverish damage on the leaves, almost look like dry spit, absolute hell to deal with

i don’t think i’d want to be spraying neem once flowers start developing. i did spray method1 throughout flower of my last crop but it was fairly ineffective against thrips but it’s meant for mites. diluted isopropyl alcohol will also kill spider mites

Sex tested females;
I took the damaged leaves off this one.

These are the ones I think are female

Number five got dissected and cut up than trashed :boy:

All in three gallons now.
Sprayed with neem last night, EVERYBODY!
Can vermiculite or peat moss be used for mulch.

2 Likes

These are more than large enough to flip. By all means get the girls into 12/12.

Looks like these have been topped. I might save the top 6 branches (3 nodes) or maybe 8 and send them into the oven.

What would be best @ReikoX?

1 Like

They are topped and a week into 12/12

1 Like

Why ask? You are two steps ahead of the old dog, :smirk: :laughing:.

So you put them into 3 gallon containers. How were the roots?

I don’t think vermaculite would make a good mulch layer. If you’re talking peat moss, like the mossy stuff most definitely. If it’s the sphangum peat moss, well that’s basically just more dirt…

What would you recommended next to barley straw. I have a hayloft full if wheat straw but I am sure that is too seedy. I can dry pine needless which helps with ph.
With the mites I need to dump the compost I started with leaves?

Waiting for the garden shops to start opening for the spring

Would be careful about insect eggs.

At this point, I think I would not worry about a mulch layer and let the top of the soil dry out a bit. A mulch layer could encourage the “maybe mites” and give them a place to hide.

1 Like

Was wondering if any sort of neem leaf or other smelly top dress might help?

I planted clover in the pot and thought they needed cover

2 Likes

You can sprinkle peat moss just enough to cover the seeds, or just scratch it in.

1 Like

A light sprinkling of neem seed meal might help.

2 Likes

@ReikoX I brought the conversation back over here as it is Hurkle with the nanners. When I sat the plant on a cardboard box by the open door to see better, I pulled the nanner and placed it on the box and saw red “mites”

4 Likes

Kill the evil hermie! Kill it! :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

That was a Hurkle? :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Yes, there were 2 short and 2 tall. The short one has this and looking at the Trichrome are some amber, many cloudy and some clear. So will take these two down tomorrow.

The 2 tall are all clear.

3 Likes

Should be good smoke @G-paS. Sorry if I annoyed you with my dumb shitkicker humor. Much love…:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like