Starting in the Middle

It’s all about the npk ratios NOT WHICH NUTES YOU USE . Jacks is great shit I use it myself in flower just not in veg .

I also run GLS lights I love them
The 300 is a little beast using it to cover my entire mom tent and it’s working really really really well

4 Likes

I flipped the Octopot room to flower 9 days ago. I thought I would have plenty of room because it has a high ceiling…

The problem isn’t height, it’s the horizontal space. That tall one is the oddball, and I’d like to do some super cropping, but if I do, it will cover the other plants. I’m thinking of putting her in her own tent. Problem is that the light in the only available tent I have right now isn’t great.

The mutants:
Supafreak

I potted these up. The only one whose clone rooted was #5 (the one in the pink pot). It’s a female.

((88G13HP x SourBlutooth) x ABC) x ((88G13HP x SBT) x ABC)

These have a massive aphid infestation. I’ve sprayed several times with different stuff (JADAM Wetting Agent, Spinosad, Homemade Dr. Zymes, Dr. Bronners mix), but nothing seems to get rid of them. There are times of the year when we have so many ladybugs around they are almost a nuisance. Of course, that time is not now when I need them.

The flowering tent:
Lifesaver Cookies

Good Medicine

These have a thrip infestation. I sprayed them before flower and thought I got them. Guess not. I did spray once in flower with homemade Dr. Zymes, but I’m not sure that stuff does anything. I may have made it wrong.

Mothers:

Kush Mints and GTTC.

14 Likes

So I just thought of something …when I was younger I use to catch crickets grasshoppers for fishing and keep them in a pill bottle in the fridge they would go dormant until they got back to room temperature…who’s to say you couldn’t do that with lady bugs …collect a bunch when they looking for a place to hibernate …toss em in fridge use when needed :face_with_monocle:

Que uncle Bob’s magic trick I use to take a fly out of the bottle show the kids the dead fly and told em I could bring it back to life …a couple warm breaths into the hand the thing would start regain it’s composure :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Ha! The fly trick is funny.

Forgot to post my chickens:

They were hatched about May 4 and just started laying. I have Golden Comets (4), Australorps (2), and Lavender Orpingtons (2).

11 Likes

@middleman what’s your recipe for the homemade DrZymes?

2 Likes

This is what I used.

3 Likes

@middleman
Dr Zymes is somewhat disingenuous with their labeling, as they list potassium sorbate as an inactive ingredient, but potassium sorbate is basically the same thing as potassium salts of fatty acids, which is the primary ingredient in many other insecticides.
I make my own using

Combined with 0.05% Citric Acid

It can be phytotoxic so it’s best to spray when lights are off and i rinse very well about 30 minutes later.

1 Like

Nice! What ABC was used in that hybrid? Keen to see how they go

1 Like

The seeds were from Sebring, and his site says:
“ Lineage from HumboldtCSI’s release.”

Edit to add: from HumboldtCSI site:

Australian Bastard Cannabis IBL ~ Site 4

The Site 4 Australian Bastard Cannabis IBL (Inbred Line) are pure ABC seeds* that have been open pollinated in an effort to preserve the pure line. The Site 4 is the second of 4 different pure ABC lines sourced directly from Australia.”

3 Likes

So, JADAM wetting agent is just liquid soap made from potassium hydroxide and canola. If I use that and added citric acid, would that achieve the same result?

2 Likes

I moved that Grand Traverse Tart Cherry to its own 4x4.

The three Kush Mints now have more room

These are getting 10/30/20 for now.

9 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know for sure, but the product description seems to suggest that would work. Let us know how it works.

1 Like

Some healthy looking ladies brother !

2 Likes

Thanks @Rabeats2093 The octopots really make it easy. I’ll still use soil for plants Grown for breeding though; which is most of them it seems…

1 Like

It takes persistence to knock down thrips and mites, but I think it works. KOH+oil, soy has highest % high-carbon fatty acids and lowest % low-carbon fatty acids. It’s the shorter fatty acid chains that contribute to phototoxicity the most. I suspect the essential oils mixed in in low quantities would be helpful to repel them.

Using about 15-25ml soap per liter water. That’s on the soap-ier side. Multiple applications a day is what really reduces their numbers. Mites especially seem to thrive in the dry conditions, moisture over time seems to knock them out. I read they are easily out-competed by fungi.

Helps to avoid phototoxicity if you use a fan and have the plants blowing around a little bit, that way the lights dont burn in on a single spot. May help to turn the lights down while they dry between sprays.

2 Likes

A close encounter caused me to chop a little earlier than I wanted, but here they are:

Lifesaver Cookies @Purple-N-Hairy

Such nice structure and trichome coverage on this. The sweetness seems to have subsided a bit since chop 2 days ago, and there is a gassy smell increasing. The sweetness is still there, just not as dominant.

Good Medicine @Swe-can

I forgot to get a picture of the whole plant without the fans before I chopped the individual branches. The smells off this are very unique. Sweet citrus, something else, very pleasant. The wife loves this one.

17 Likes

Glad that whatever spooked you into chopping a little early was only a close encounter and not an invasion! Still, the bud looks great! How many days was she in 12/12?

3 Likes

Right about 9 weeks. Maybe two days shy. I checked the trichomes last week and couldn’t really get a good read. Several ambers, but I couldn’t tell if they were on the leaves because a saw some clear too. I don’t have a very stable hand with my scope. I was gonna chop this week regardless.

5 Likes

After my close encounter, I decided to just keep the mutants (ABC, ABC crosses, and Supafreak) in my main growing location. Since I chopped the Lifesaver Cookies and Good Medicine, the only thing I really had to move were the Kush Mints and Grand Traverse Tart Cherry mothers along with a few small rooted clones of the GTTC.

I have a secondary location, but the capacity there is limited. It has the flowering Kush Mints and GTTC in Octopots.

Kush Mints

GTTC

13 Likes

Damn look at them Kush mints!!!looking good brother

2 Likes