Starting in the Middle

Forgot to update the Purple Auto Bastards the other day. Should be warm enough outside now, so I put them in the ground to free up space for one of the ABC crosses.

This is mainly a record for my benefit, so I can come back and see which is which when I run the offspring. I chopped the males on March 26. Only one of the females is not “fully” pollenated, but she has plenty of seeds forming.

First off, group picture with numbers (shortest to tallest).

Plant 1 is the shortest, but she has a fat cola.

Plant 2 - not the fattest cola, but probably the most purple on the tips of the calyxes.

Plant 3 is right in the middle, not much to distinguish it.

Plant 4 is my favorite. She will have the biggest “yield” and she has a good bit of purple in the tips. She also has the thickest stem.

Plant 5 was the latest to flower and therefore didn’t get “fully” pollenated. She stretched to be the tallest, but also has the skinniest buds. They will probably get a little thicker, but I’m biased against her.

Since these are outside not taking up space, I’ll let them run as long as I can to make sure the seeds ripen.

@PineTarBastard just so you know, when these are done, I’m sending you 5 (small) bags of seeds.

15 Likes