Starting in the Middle

No idea really, rarely is it ever a single element. I like to reference this paper, it has much more information than some of the charts floating around.

Based on that, it almost sounds like a zinc deficiency.

4 Likes

Well after reading that, it doesn’t seem like Potassium or Boron. The more I try to learn, the more confused I get…

1 Like

@hollyho

I’ve been using the feed schedule from Jack’s website which, for some reason, is slightly different than the numbers I’ve seen others post.

The one I got is 3.79/.99 (epsom)/2.52 . That’s pretty much what I’ve been using. I cut epsom in half about halfway through flower based on what I was reading in Lefthandseeds thread. This is my first 3-2-1 run, but I’ll probably do 1/2 epsom from the beginning next time.

Also, with the last batch I mixed, I reduced the strength to 75% (I mix 4 gallons at a time, but used nutes for 3 gal). I did this because the leaves are really dark green and the tips are just starting to show burn. The buds look good though. Thinking about doing 75% from the get go on the next run also.

2 Likes

I’ve been watching my runoff and trying to figure out how to read that. The problem is I have a few different strains and some are being prissy. So if I see my ph start to go down, my ppm go up… I know I’m feeding too much. But the newest one started telling me it needed more. Ph went up, ppm went down. Below what I was feeding even. When I boosted ppm, it went crazy! Has almost doubled in size in the last few days.

I was wanting to get your take on it bc everyone says something different. I’m trying to lock it down so getting different opinions and learning from that and my own experience helps. Sometimes I feel like I’m making it all up in my head lol

My reg photos have been started on about 200 ppm. A few days later I bumped to 550 and saw a notice overnight. They jumped up lol

I’ve also buffered my coco w full strength and that worked as well. I’m still a little puzzled on that. I guess the environment has a part to play w it too. Too dry and too many ppm will burn easier than more humid idk :woman_shrugging:

Some folks on ILGM forum change ratio to 4/2/1 in flower. Some ppl use the same ratio, then change ph so the plant uptakes what it can at that range. It’s just a lot to take in and decipher :joy: left hand has it figured out. And if he doesn’t, he has the tools :brain: to work it out. My brain just gets so jumbled w all the numbers and percentages and whatnot! I’m still trying to figure out what works best for me.

Thank you! I appreciate the response. And you letting me ramble on your thread :laughing:

3 Likes

Heck yeah ! Even though they have some sort of imbalance they look frosty as hell man nice work I can almost smell that servings revenge from here !

1 Like

That is an excellent write up! Im saving that one!

1 Like

The ABC crosses are limping across the finish line. Never did figure out what the problem is. I did a couple waterings with half strength 5-12-26 and micro blast, but lately just giving them pH’d water. Just hope the seeds will be viable. Should be able to chop them next week.

Couple shots of the taller Mind Eraser @LegsMahoney
I wish I was a better photographer. There is a lot of trichome coverage in there.
When I chop and remove the fans, I’ll try to get a better shot.

And my next run is started. These are Purple Auto Bastards from @PineTarBastard
Other than ABC, I don’t know what’s in them. I got 9 out of the 10 or 11 seeds (not sure how many I had). This will be an open pollenation and I will be looking for and culling any herms I see. These are almost a month above ground, and I just up potted them. Growing pretty slow.

10 Likes

Wow yea, there’s some good frost coverage there! I’m glad these are doing good for you bud!

1 Like

Them abcs look so awesome almost like hops growing :smiley:

3 Likes

@Rabeats2093 After the Auto Bastards, I’m gonna do a fem seed run on the regular ABC to send to Sebring. I saw you were wanting fems, so when they’re done I’ll send you some if you want them. Gonna be a few months though.

2 Likes

Yeah man we will talk about it in a few months :crazy_face:…would be so cool to grow them next to the raspberries and blackberries ! Thanks brother !

1 Like

I chopped three plants today: Cowboy Cookies F2, Sebring’s Revenge, and Eutierria.

The Cowboy Cookies was super floppy with four really nice colas. It will easily have the biggest yield of any of the plants I’ve got going right now. :arrow_down:

Sebring’s Revenge. This one had the most pleasant smells while I was taking the fans off. Then when I flipped it over to hang it - smelled like vomit. :arrow_down:

Eutierria. Should have chopped a little sooner, but until I had three plants to chop, I had to wait. Not a huge yield, no doubt due to the issues I was having, but the buds look good, and I hear good things… :arrow_down:

14 Likes

How’s the smells from the cowboy cookies !?
I haven’t forgot about them brother figure it would be perfect to drop 5-6 somewhere outside this year !

1 Like

It was in the back of the tent the whole grow, so I was thinking it didn’t have much smell to it. But today when I was pulling the fans off, it gave me a bit of the GMO (or what I assume is the GMO) terps. It wasn’t as strong as the F1, but I think it will be pretty nice once it’s dried and cured. Can’t really describe it, but it’s a good stink.

Since these are F2s, who knows if yours will be anything like mine, but if they are, you should be happy with them. Mine was really stretchy and lanky in veg and I didn’t like it. I was actually considering just getting rid of it. I’m glad now that I didn’t.

2 Likes

I don’t have the heart to kill a plant usually just pass it on to a buddy who has room …
I’m sure ither way whatever comes from these beans are gonna be good smoke !
My buddy just started five of them MMH!

1 Like

Nice grow log. How’s the trainwreck x gg4ril doing?

2 Likes

Meh. I wish I had been able to do it justice and that it had done as well for me in flower as it did in veg. I’m going to chop it on Saturday. Well, I’ll chop both the seeded one crossed to the ABC and the other one. I think it will be 10 weeks. I’ll take pics then.

Never did figure out what was going on with the plants I grew in soil this run.

The two clones have been vegging this whole time and really need to be potted up. As soon as I’m done drying what I have going now, I’ll have tent space to try to flower them again - may just do one of them. I’ve got a new batch of soil ready, and I’m going to use 7 gal pots instead of 3 gal.

Hopefully I can get to the Citrus Milf x GG4 soon. If I do, I’ll grow them in coco with Jack’s. I did much better with the plants I grew that way.

5 Likes

You did it justice brother you gave that seed a complete life :grimacing:This is my problem I’m trying to find/mix the “perfect” water only amended soil

Feels so good to get some space in the room though doughnit !?

2 Likes

I chopped everything today. Some pics, starting with the Trainwreck x GG4 RIL @Green_thumb_007

It got pretty floppy in the last week

Lower buds:

10 Likes

Mind Eraser @LegsMahoney

Side by side:

Shorter one:

Taller one:

12 Likes