Starting in the Middle

I finally chopped the last of what I had running with seeds, so I was able to switch that 4x4 to veg and consolidate some stuff:

ABC

Supafreak

The only three ABC leaf type from the first bunch of 2nd gen. (88G13xSBT)xABC
(not shown yet, but I started about 80 more seeds).

Not ready to run the ABCxDBHP F2s yet, but I had a seed come up from one of the pots and it happens to have the ABC leaf type. Just gonna let it go and see how it does.

Cuttings from 3 of the ABC and all 7 of the Supafreak.

Spyderweb outside @PineTarBastard

Cuts of Kush Mints and Grand Traverse Tart Cherry that are over a month old. As of last week still no roots. Probably gonna have to try something different. I really think its getting way too cool at night.

Started training a few plants:

Lifesaver Cookies @Purple-N-Hairy

Good Medicine. Pretty sure the one in back is male, so I stopped training. @Swe-can

Giraffe Puncher @Budderton

16 Likes

Everything looks so healthy and well organized @middleman . Best of luck with your grows!:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Of the 80 (ish) 2nd generation (88G13xSBT)xABC that I started, I had about 55 (plus or minus) germinate.

Of those, 14 are ABC leaf type.

So that gives me 17 with the 3 I already had.

I will do an open pollination and only cull herms.

17 Likes

Partial update:

Mutants :arrow_down:

ABC for fem seedrun. @G-paS I moved one to the flower tent. If it’s female, I’ll reverse it and then in a couple weeks flip the rest. If it’s male, I’ll pick another one to stick in the flower tent. I’ll do that one by one until I find a female to reverse (since taking clones didn’t work). Because of my last attempt, I want to give the reversed plant a good headstart before flipping the rest. :arrow_down:

Supafreak. Since these had been outside for a bit, they got some unwanted hitchhikers. I found a huge caterpillar on the one in the top left that had eaten all the growth nodes. That plant is slowly dying, but I’m keeping it because I’m curious to see what happens to it. :arrow_down:

(88G13HP x Sour Blutooth) x ABC. These really do grow faster than regular ABC, which is great. But the 88G13xSBT is a relatively short and squat plant, so we’ll see what happens when these flower. I think I ended up with 20 of them. (Also got 3 more outside before I finally threw the seed flat out, but I probably won’t use them.) :arrow_down:

Once I get the ABC into flower, I’ll probably do the (88G13xSBT)xABC next. Supafreak last because they grow so slow and I actually want them as big as possible.

16 Likes

This picture you posted almost resembles the early stages of growing okra :face_with_monocle:

How r they when it comes to feeding …
Less finicky ?

9 Likes

They are pretty carefree in my experience. They do well in my soil mix. I do add osmocote when making seeds so that I don’t have to worry about messing them up in flower. Haven’t really had any problems with the ABC or crosses.

4 Likes

The 2x4 flowering tent:

Lifesaver Cookies from @Purple-N-Hairy

Good Medicine from @Swe-can

The one Paralyzed Monster was male.
The second Good Medicine was male,
and both Giraffe Punchers were male :cry: @Budderton

8 Likes

Hey if you need some paralyzed monsters shoot me a message !

3 Likes

Thanks for that, but I have 30 or so more Paralyzed Monster seeds.
By the way, I’m working on the fem ABC seed run, but I got a few seeds from the previous “failed” run. I had promised you some, so I can send you some now if you want them, or later if this run works out. Just let me know.

4 Likes

Alright then that beats the ten I have anyways but wasn’t sure I would react the same way to having a male :crazy_face:
Deff will take you up on the offer at some point this plant is just a thing of wonder !

You’re doing one hell of a job sorting out the mutants !

Hats off to you sir

2 Likes

The SpyderWeb @PineTarBastard

The one on the right has better structure

The one on the left is a bit wonky

I chopped the one on the left. It had a good bit of rot on the bottom buds. The top is fine. Pretty airy overall, but still seems like good yield for an auto. I ran out of time before I could get to the one on the right. Definitely have to wash these before I hang them.

Also, the ABC I put in the flower tent is female.

So, I’ll hit it with STS tonight and get things going.

18 Likes

Those Spyderwebs are beautiful. Really nice purple colors.

3 Likes

imma need a smoke report of them spyderwebs :grin::grin:

3 Likes

Really great breeding report matey love these 2 strains. My outdoor season starts in 5 weeks if love to be able to buy some of your newest crosses ABC and freakshow seeds. If possible cheers bob keep up the great work. Bought quite a few few strains off johnnypotseed to try out as well

2 Likes

I won’t have Supafreak seeds made by the time your season starts, and the ABC crosses are not up to third generation yet. Oh, and I don’t sell seeds. But send me a DM, and I’d be happy to send you some of the second generation crosses where about 25% have the ABC leaf type. If and when the Supafreak seeds are made, I can send you some of those as well.

6 Likes

Just over 3 weeks into flip:

Lifesaver Cookies from @Purple-N-Hairy :arrow_down:

Good Medicine from @Swe-can

The mutant tent:

Comparison of an average ABC leaf to one of the larger (88G13HP x SBT) x ABC crosses:

The ABC plant I’m trying to reverse is doing the same thing as last time - not reversing! Seems like my STS mix does not last very long. So, I made up a fresh batch. Good thing is that I haven’t flipped the other plants yet, so it should still be fine.

21 Likes

Dang, big difference between those leaves!

2 Likes

Everything’s looking to be in mint condition here !
Great job bro!

2 Likes

Looking amazing :star_struck: @middleman !!

Love the mutant tent :exploding_head::exploding_head:!!

5 Likes

As I mentioned in another thread, with the return of Jetdro and all the Octopot activity, I had to get mine set up again.

I’ve got two 6 gallon and two “octopups” (ignore the Supafreak in the middle - I don’t have a place for it yet.

The main Octo on the left and the two “octopups” have clones of Kush Mints. The Octo on the right has a clone of Grand Traverse Tart Cherry (GTTC). I was given the cuts from @powerpackgenetics.
GTTC is EC Sour Diesel x Keeds Cherry Kush [Kinetic Genetics].

The GTTC looks a bit deficient in Magnesium to me.

In previous Octopot runs I’ve used the @jetdro / @ifish mayby @Papalag type schedule with Urban Farms in Veg and Jacks in flower. Don’t hate me, but this time I’m gonna try Jacks 3-2-1 from start to finish. I recently did a run in coco/perlite with 3-2-1 that did well, so I just want to see.

Also, terrible pic, but with the new batch of STS, the ABC is reversing:

I really need to start a seed run post for this ABC run, but I just don’t feel like it. Maybe tomorrow.

14 Likes