Starting Over after 15 years

I order 10 X1’s and got 11, now I’m thinking I need 1 more for an even 12. 2 rigs with 6 X1’s and 1 Red/Blue on each will give me the most flexibility. I already had a 1000 watt MH and 2 150 watt HPS rigs that may be used to supplement or expand. I’m going to go with 2 2’x4’ rigs to cover a 4’x4’ flowering area.

The LED’s will end up being the main flowering light. Since we are firing up a new room the first run will be with seeds instead of clones. We’ll veg them until they reach sexual maturity under the LED’s but once they get switched to flowering I’ll probably play around with some screw in LED’s for vegging. Eventually I’ll grab another 8 X1’s for the veg area.

The Durban That Highflyer X C99 seeds will be germinated some time next week. I’ll probably have them sprouted before I finish the light rig. Still waiting for the driver.

3 Likes

@Baudelaire is just awesome like that.

I can attest the screw ins work fine for vegging. My ghetto temporary rig while I was waiting on my strips to get here.

6 Likes

So far 7 of 10 DTC99 seeds have germinated after 2 days.

Received my Ace gear today

Unfortunately more than 1/2 of the seeds did not survive shipping

4 Likes

That sucks, i hope they replace them. Have you called them? Their packing should be better than that.

4 Likes

I just sent them an email with pics. I hear they have very good customer service and stuff happens. It looks like only the Malawi, Cali China and Malawi X Panama survived

I plan to buy breeders packs of each of these strains after we run the feminized seeds to see if it’s worth the effort. Currently Ace and Bros. Grimm are the only seeds I planned to purchase si I hope they make good on them.

Outside of that it was exactly 21 days from the time I mailed in my order until I received it. I considered 3 weeks a minimum so I’m happy with that.

4 Likes

I will think good thoughts for you. I assume they will make it right. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I received an email within 10 minutes from Ace apologizing for the inconvenience, and they will be sending me replacements right away. Their reputation for great customer service is well deserved it appears.

6 Likes

A couple of the Durban Thai Highflyer X C99 newborns, seeds purchased from Fleur du Mal Seeds

5 Likes

That is just about right.

Ace gets a like!

99%

2 Likes

i love hearing experiences like this, thanks for sharing! look forward to seeing that thai cross

2 Likes

I’ll be building 2 of these 18" x 48" rigs to cover a 4’x4’ space. Each one will have 6 3500K Sol Strips powered a 320 watt driver and one Red/Blue Strip. The Red/Blue strip will be powered by a separate driver to allow me to run it 5 - 6 hours during flowering. 1 hour at “sunrise” then 4 - 5 hours at “noon”.

The Red/Blue strip will be in the middle of the rig with 3 3500K Sol Strips on either side. Eventually I might put 2 more Red/Blue strips on either end of each rig.

10 Likes

Gee Ray, can I put some of my plants under that too. :evergreen_tree:

Nice rig! :truck:

2 Likes

Thanks brother

The price we pay for loving sativa varieties. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

DTC

Malawi X Panama, Malawi and Kali China from Ace

8 Likes

Looks like some new cadets, ready for training.

Ten hut!

2 Likes

Ace sent replacements for the crushed seeds…only took 4 days from Spain to the US.

Also got this cool catalog.

9 Likes

Ace has a well deserved reputation for customer service. Glad they got you sorted out. :thumbsup:

1 Like

some of the best i’ve seen, wow, great! and that fast during the holidays? impressive!
exact opposite of my experience with truenorth/canuk

1 Like

My proximity to NYC probably helped speed things along.

I’m not sure why but the 3 Ace strains I started from seed were the fastest germinating seeds I’ve ever started. All of them were up in under 36 hours using rapid rooters.

4 Likes

Its become a fast paced world. :worried:

99%

4 Likes