STGE/L-P1 - Silicon Trichomes Grow Experiment/Learning - Phase One

And yet another bastard male to compost last night. I have one more left in the flower tent, let’s hope it’s a fem… I should know in the next day or so. :crossed_fingers:

Up Date

Here is the Veg tent in all it’s glory.

The two plants on the left in the middle two rows in the 1gal air pots are a bit problematic for me right now. At first I was thinking a Cal/Mag do to the rust/brown spots on leaves. The yellowing I was thinking lack of nitrogen or over watering. All plants are in same soil mix and about a week or so ago I gave them a cal/mag and nutrient feeding, new growth is looking better but one is show some more browning. So for now I am LTTFA and see what happens.

The other plants in the tent are
4 -Comfrey Bocking 14
4 - Roma
1 - Cherry Tom
1 - Basil

Here is a closer look at other plants.

SC1

SC2

The clones are looking good for the most part OTTO2C1 looks a bit over watered/sprayed. CG6C1 is looking like the parent and is turning out to be another show pony, so I am hoping that it is a fem so I can mate it with CG1C1 male and get some more seeds to play with. I will start to harden them off here in the next day or so.

The Kaminoan Clone Pod

In the flower tent I have one plant left and it is looking like I may have a girl, woot woot !
I’ll get a pic once it’s confirmed.

That’s about it for now, thank for pulling up a chair and stopping by…

1 Like

12/28/21

So it’s a girl, Woot Woot !!! My mutant child…

The clones from last post entry are harden off and surviving.
CG3 was put into 12/12 flower tent for sexing.
CG6 the new show pony will go into flower tent soon, just want to make sure that clone takes off and will survive. My Bocking 14 is starting to break ground and my tomatoes are alive and well, so is the basil.

peace all…

1 Like

Ok,
So I am winding this grow up and will start another log, highlighting the Black Cream Auto’s received from @JohnnyPotseed. I still have things to learn, but I am getting there in do time… I’ll post one last time once I harvest the three females that I ended up with from this grow. So for now here is a shot of CG#4 and four clones.

CG4

Clones- Two on left are Fem, two on right are Male. (the three 4" pot’s middle and 1 snack pak container.)

once the SC1 and OTTO#2 fem start to show some nice flower development I’ll post a pic or two, but until then I say good by until harvest.

Edit:
Well I put OTTO2#1C1F, SC1C1F, CG6C1M, in to their 1gal fabric pot final homes tonight.

3 Likes

Harvested CG#4 today at 76 days and put her back in to re-veg, let’s see what happens. Trichomes all milky and 1/4 were turning golden, going for more of the high than CBD.

I’ll put some more flower/nugs pic’s up later…

1 Like

Well I guess I am going to keep this topic up and running, no need to rock the boat…
I am about to finish up on the Black Cream’s you can check this out over here.

So I set up a new 4x4 flower tent with a Spider Farmer SE7000, AC Infinity T6 and Air Carbon Filter, Govee 6L Smart Humidifier (love how this unit can auto maintain RH and with the phone app you can check on your rooms RH, temps,VPD, etc. very cool), clip on fan, and a stand up fan.

KSC2020 1&2, OTTO2, SC1

Veg Tent with KSC2020, SC1, 98SD, Gobbstopper, PPP, BBxLS

Had a little fuck up last night when setting up new tent, I took my SF2000 out of the old flower tent and put it into the Veg tent for xtra light, but like a stoned dumb ass I did not hook the timer back up I just connected my SF4000 to the SF2000 for the dimmer control. so when I got up today and went to the grow hut the SF2000 was burning all night… Well I fixed this and the plants had a long night dancing and partying… The Bruce Banner x Lemon Skunk seedling is doing a three leaves clover thing, will get a photo a little later and share, will have to see how this plant turns out, sort of crazy…

I’ll chime in a bit later with some more photos, have to get ready for work… ;(

2 Likes

So here’s that Bruce Banner x Lemon Skunk clover

PPP Close up looking good !!

1 Like

Ok so I have two plants showing some what I believe to be Calcium def or over watering perhaps.
I have been giving all plants a little soil top spray of water trying to get my cover crop to take hold. Temps run 75-85F(I have hit some 90F days as the furnace was running all day), RH 56-67 %, Coots soil…

I took cutting off the two six days ago and the cutting are looking fine as of now. I have looked and see not pest, been supper worried because I had to cull a few cuttings I receive do to spider mites, and aphids. going through Ed Rosenthal’s Garden Saver book it does seem that it could be a calcium deficiency by the pic’s in the book.

first one is KSC2020 close up

98SD - close up

98SD

Thanks in advance for any advice or input…

3 Likes

Are you running LEDs? You said coots mix, your own castings or bought?
Overall they look pretty good to me, except that last one looks to be having a hard time

Ya Coots mix & LED’s, the three so so well looking were Autos and they have been harvested and in jars now. I have a 98 SD that is having a bit of a hard time, her cuttings are doing fine so LTFA as of now to see what might be up. I’ll post pics this weekend as I do need to up date what’s been going on with my grow and all.

Ps bought castings Wiggel Worm. Need to look in to marking my own…

1 Like

Right on. I got a LED last year for the first time and am finding out it’s a bit too much and I’m down to 60% on mine. They can drive the tops pretty hard but don’t penetrate as well as HIDs.
Also they don’t give off the ambient heat as much so it’s a whole new VPD situation.
Might be worth considering dimming a bit if you haven’t already?

Home made EWC for the win.

And yeah, update away :slight_smile: keep up the momentum:)

2 Likes

Ya I run around 300-340 PPFD for my lights in veg, it’s at about 65-70%. As my tent is in the furnace room I run at about 85F most days to 89/90F some days if it’s cold out side and the fing furnace is running all day…

Ya I want to get into making my own EWC, just have not made the plunge yet.

1 Like

UP DATE 04/03/2022

OK so let’s bring everybody up to date, with my shenanigans in the veg tent/grow.

What have I learned about growing cannabis over the last five months, well the number one thing is LITFA and don’t over water. Other things I am begging to learn is don’t believe the hype with over the counter package inputs. This I believe is my number two mistake when trying to create an environment for my plants, trying to do to much for them with to many unbalanced inputs as I started. I am learning though and as I start to work more with the KNF/JADAM, I am loving it, OOooo the sweet taste of freedom. I have a lot to learn, but I am getting there in all do time…

VEG-TENT

Temp:
Max - 89.2F
Avg - 80.6F
Min - 71.7

RH:
Max - 98.2 %
Avg - 65.7 %
Min - 30.0 %

VDP:
Max - 3.07 kPa
Avg - 1.25 kPa
Min - 0.05 kPa

Now for the pictures we all love and like…

JMS in the works

24 Hours later

JMS Stewing in Veg tent… I cleaned up the veg tent after this photo pic’s coming up…

At the time of this photo we have in the far left back tall plant a 98Sour Diesel cutting from @JohnnyPotseed (This one is giving me some trouble, but I cleaned her up and put her to flower.)

Now let me explain myself a bit on this reasoning. One of my goals for growing like many of us, is to be able to cary a plant through its life without having to do really anything but water and at the end of the plants life cycle, give the pot/soil a top coat and wash rinse repeat. So with out paying $$ to have professional soil test, I don’t really know what the hell is going on in the soil, again LITFA.

That SD mom is in an old batch of soil I made last, as you can see she does not like it, so in stead of trying to fix what I don’t really know what’s wrong, I put her to flower to see what kind of bud is produced from a stressed out plant (Coming from @JohnnyPotseed I know the bud will be good, and I am not doing her Justus.) If the bud is not half bad I will work the cuttings I have and try to provided a better environment and see if I achieve better results. Once I get the soil thing figured out a good chunk of the battle is done, so move on soldier…

In front of the 98SD is a PPP toped/cutting that was started from bean received from @JohnnyPotseed, Mum/Dad is in the flower tent awaiting sex identification. to the right back row are my two original Gobstoppers that I started at the beginning of this rabbit hole. Left one is going to server as a stud for the Mum on the right. Mum is a re-veg and in this photo she is a bit parched, but looks a lot better in up coming photo’s. In front of Mum&Dad center in 3gal pot’s we have four Gobstopper cutting’s from Mum.
to the right of them we have a KSC2020 #1 back right and a cutting from SC1 that was also started at the beginning of my growing experience.

In the front row left in the 4" pot’s we have three Acapulco Gold thanks to @lambchopedd, to the right of them is two cuttings from the 98SD Mum. (Better photo’s coming)

A little better view of Gobstopper Mum.

Gobstopper Dad to be.

JMS applied awaiting some cutting in the clone dome.

AG1 seedling

AG2 seedling

AG3 seedling

PPP topped cutting

Another photo of the PPP

Gobstopper cutting 1

Gobstopper cutting 2

Gobstopper Dad & Mum after a drink of JMS and a trimming the twigs.

Gobstopper cutting that’s a bit older/rooted second out of the batch.

Gobstopper cutting first to root out of batch and a little bondage applied.

98SD cutting first to root out of batch and a little bondage applied.

98SD second cutting to root out of batch and a little bondage applied.

Snack Cake 1 cutting

KSC2020 #1 cutting

Two photo’s of the Veg tent

98SD cutting using 50mm lens

The gobstopper’s & 98SD are in a new batch of soil, it’s a bit hot still, but plants have not bucked it to much. I am hoping this batch of soil will work out better than the last two/three batch’s. Gobstopper Mum, was transplanted into a 2gal from a 1 gal fabric pot with new soil as well.

New batch of Gobstopper & 98SD cuttings

I’ll post a bit later with what’s going on in the flower tent, but as of now this is were I am at with things on the ST Grow Experiment/Learning - Phase Two now :wink:

4 Likes

UP Date: 4/9/2022

Today is a good day, trimmed the cover crop as the VTech was getting a bit high, (high, hee hee). I don’t like the VTech so much as it grows very fast and it likes to tie it’s self to the branches of the plants if not controlled. Next time I will not plant so many seeds of the VTech. I also applied a bit more bondage to the 98SD and one of the Gobstoppers.

For the really good news, I dropped a Candy Kush Auto gifted from @oleskool830 a few weeks ago, nothing happened after a week or so, no life, so I figured bad/old bean. Well today to my surprise I have a brand new baby Candy Kush Auto, Woot Woot… Now let’s see if it lives on as I did move it from the side of the pot to the center. The bean got push to the side of the pot as I was watering with JMS getting it ready for the next cutting that I was going to put into the pot. Let’s see what becomes of her…

Well thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow for the few that check in…

2 Likes

What a great day to up date my grow log…

I am so stoked with my new soil mix as of now all cutting of my Gobbstopper, 98SD are in the new soil and plastic pots. I am finding that I like the plastic pots over the fabric pots as I don’t have to tend to them as much when it comes to watering. I also figure that they will not live long enough for them to get overly root bound, for me it’s a win win… My mix seem a bit hot I was thinking after transplanting my cutting once rooted, as the tips were starting to brown just a tad. After a little acclamation the plants seem to love their new homes. On the far left we have 4 Gobbstopper’s, next row over up front is a PPP cutting, then Snack Cake cutting (both in fabric and different soil mix), then we have two more Gobbstopper’s. Next row over is yet another Gobbstopper up front then it’s a 98SD cutting and last another Gobbstopper. The last two fabric pot’s right back are the Candy Kush auto and a KSC2020 cutting. The three 4" pots are the AG and they are slow moving, up front right is Gobbstopper Mum re-veg, she provided me with all the Gobbstopper baby’s in the tent. My male Gobbstopper was put into my 2x2 tent for flowering in another week I will put Mum with him as she is a tired wet nurse by now and see what happens. Would be nice if they get it on to have some more beans to hunt with. The flat up from are my tomatoes.

Next we have a close up of the tall Gobbstopper left back row. The tallest one on the right is 23" at 35 days from cutting, both will be going outside once the weather changes for the better. I’am also going to put the 98SD out in the sun this summer and the rest of my fabric potted plants.

I am a bit embarrassed but here it is the Flower tent. The four in the back with all the death are in bad soil and my neglect did not help I for got to water them. Up front we have a Gobbstopper left and right of her is a 98SD, both are in new soil and 3gal plastic pot’s. Right behind the Gobbstopper center is PPP Mum.

Here is a close up of the PPP. She is pretty, but in fabric pot using the last of my old soil mix and fading a bit early. I am hoping that the Gobbstopper & 98SD hold their health all the way through, that would be a big confident booster… Any whoo thanks for stopping by and I’ll try together some close up’s of the plants this weekend.

2 Likes

A few pictures from the veg tent when checking on everything this morning.

Candy Kush Auto

PPP cutting

The tent

98SD

98SD left, Gobbstopper on right

2 Likes

So a few pictures of the flower tent and mating tent.

PPP close up and getting frosty

PPP is in an old batch of soil, so just hoping she will last until harvest. Her child is doing so much better in my new soil mix.

Gobbstopper

98 Sour Diesel

Flower Tent

Gobbstopper male left, Gobbstopper Mom right. Let’s see if they get it on. Mom must feel like a tired out wet nurse.

1 Like

Messing around with the camera the other day, thought I would share…

Thanks for stopping by…

2 Likes

So I am venturing into the world of worms, built a worm bin tote and the worms ETA is Wednesday.
Have a few goodies in the freezer now for a house warming gift, hope the worms :bug: appreciate it.

Onanother note, dam look at this PPP leaf, soooo pretty……

Once I know my cutting have taken root, I will put this PPP into flower. The last photo in the veg tent as of now. I get some flower tent photos here in a bit.

2 Likes

Look at this beauty a few pic this morning of the Candy Kush Auto.

Pulled a few of my Gobbstopper’s out and put them to flower. Can’t wait for the weather to warm up a bit more so I can get the 98SD and three other Gobbstopper’s outside and I am thinking about putting a PPP outside this summer as well.

Worms are acclimating to their new home only had a dozen or so up on the lid after 24 hours of being out to their new home. So not a mass exodus on there part as of yet. One of my fears is that I will go down to the basement a find worm jerky all over the floor. So far so good, :fist: on wood.

1 Like