Stink, stank, stunk: Stinky’s perpetual quest for dankness

Looking good @Stinky some variety going on. Variety is the spice of life. It’s nice to reach in the cupboard and have something different every day.

1 Like

Thanks @Greenfingers, you’ve got some serious diversity in strains going too sir! And it’s a fact, options in the cupboard is great!

1 Like

Hiya Stinky. How’s life under sea level? Kids are out of school now, yes? How has the covid restrictions been last 6 mos.? I did my ex wife the favour of leaving the country and she’s not holding up her end to tell me how life is going so all I do is try to develop sources! Life…

Got the new lights fired up yet, waiting for fall.? Makes sense. Glad I’m not trying outdoors this year, it has been raining on BC coast since September. There have not been two days without rain since then and temps are rarely in the 20s. Yes I’m glad I’m not under threat of desertification, but big change this fast is still very damaging. Here’s hoping we can reform human civilization! adbea417d37740d848cc2c46e291e017f5db6af5_2_499x499

Holiday looked great. Motorcycling through Europe is amazing af. Bicycling through NL is amazing af. Once I made the trip my grandmother used to make multiple times a week on her bike to bring cookies and socks to her newly wedded husband near the front lines when the Nazis invaded and I don’t know how she did that. it took me a day and a half one-way. Well, I do know of course, courage, fear, devotion, desperation … love.

2 Likes

That, and they were…

freise

1 Like

Just read the whole threat, very nice brother.

Found it while looking for information on honey and cream.
You mentioned them a few times but didn’t show much of them (in flower I mean), how was that strain for you?

3 Likes

@Hempire420 What a coincidence! While trimming the Honey and Cream I just came across your message.

Harvested this one a week or so ago:

This was 24th of august of another plant which I harvested today:

The plants grow very vigorously and robust becoming huge under the right circumstances. In my little greenhouse I had to trim one a couple times because the stretch made it
touch the roof. In the end I had to bend it over.

Smell wasn’t to pungent although during a hot day you could smell it over the house in my street :grin:. It has indeed a tart like doughy caramel smell with some diesel fruityness if that makes any sense…

After a week drying the first one it doesn’t smell too strong, hope it will develop during curing.

Unfortunately, as I was afraid of, I had to harvest early due to botrytis. I think they could have ripened to the end of september maybe even first week of oktober. We’ve had two weeks of cold weather and a lot of rain here at 51N. It’s all in the game but even early flowering isn’t necessarily successful. I have decided that I’m going to focus on autofowers for next outdoor season.

I still have a couple plants outdoor, zkittles and cinnabom. They are not anywhere near ripeness yet so I guess I can forget about those too.

I pollinated one of the honey and cream with some CBDxErdpurt pollen (see this thread Outdoor CBD seed run)

I hope those seeds will get ripe. If so, you are welcome to have some!

8 Likes

Sounds great, just concerned about all that stretch, it might not be the perfect candidate for my tent (only 150cm tall).

Yeah it sucks being conditioned by the weather, autos are a good choice.

Also, I don’t know if it would work but, have you considered starting your plants early indoors and forcing them to start flowering before moving them outdoors? Might just give them the push they need to really finish early! Just an idea… Might be a crappy one though :sweat_smile:

Autos are definitely a good decision, I lived in the UK before and with summers being so short there is also the risk of plants rotting before they can finish but then I only grew autos outdoors and never had that problem.

Also had a look at your other thread, great garden you have going there brother!
Got yourself another follower :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words @Hempire420!

Yeah, 150 is quite short. I have a 180 tent and with the lights and filter in there there’s not much head space. I have a strain growing that doesn’t stretch too much so that’s okay.

Never thought of pre-flowering indoors to put them out later. This might be a good strategy. However, I pause my flowering tent during summer because of the heat. I only keep a few mothers going in a small tent.

Got to get into the right strains of auto’s to see what’s up. A friend of mine grew some really nice Northern Lights auto’s from, I think, Greenhouse seeds. I have just ordered some White Pineapple regular auto’s from Dane seeds. I’ll do a seed round this winter to have enough seeds for next outdoor season.

You have a suggestion for good regular auto’s?

1 Like

You’d start them before the heat of the summer so by the time they go outside they’d be already on their 2nd or 3rd week of flowering.

I can’t grow during summer either.
I’m much further south than you, Portugal, so the latest by end of April I have to take the tent down.

My tent has actually been on pause for almost 3 years, just getting started again and its been a slow process with some trouble germinating my old stuff.
Been trying to get my hands on some cuttings to speed up the process but is not easy finding them around here.

Not sure I’m the right person to recommend you any autos brother. They were indeed the first plants I grew but not because they were autos, i chose them because they were dwarf plants.

This was right in the infancy of autos and back then they weren’t very popular nor was there much variety either. I only had 2 strains from Short Stuff seeds, one of them being Short Stuff #1 and the other Snowryder.

They didn’t grow taller than 60cm the Snowryder, and about 45cm was my tallest Short Stuff so I could have them growing by the dozens in my garden among other herbs without worries of them ever being seen.

Snowryder was my favourite, not a big producer but it was prime quality smoke. Up to today I haven’t found a strain I enjoyed the smell and taste as much as that Snowryder, which only developed into something really special after dried and cured.

Had a look at that White Pineapple and sounds good brother.

1 Like

@Hempire420 I appreciate your story brother.

If you’re looking for clones in EU you might get lucky with these guys:

If you send them an email they’ll send you a list with what they have and their prices. They ship within EU.

Best of luck brother!

2 Likes

Thanks, just emailed them. Wasting no time! :slight_smile:
They have some serious fire going on in there!

Have you used them before?

1 Like

Didn’t use them personally but a clone distributor I have done business with here in Amsterdam has. Clones arrived safely and well packaged. Hope they can help you!

1 Like

Well, either they went out of business or have a very relaxed attitude towards it! Still haven’t heard anything from them.

I just took on the same task, received some auto seeds this week and I want to keep this strain so going to do a seed run first of all. That’s the strain:
https://gnomeautomatics.com/loki-og

Once we’re both finished I’ll trade you some for your White Pineapple if you’re interested.

I have looked in my seeds and discovered 2 more strains of regular autos, also going to produce seeds of those two.

Funny thing is I usually get rid of the males but in response to the trauma of loosing so many seeds all
I think of now is seed production.

How are you plants holding up with the weather?

1 Like

hmm, strange. I emailed them in november last year and they responded the same day sending me a strain list and they told me they ship to every EU country.

Your auto strain looks good and I’m all for trading seeds when we made them.

I had to harvest the honey cream too early, they could have flowered for another week or two. Removed some mold from several colas.

I have another supposedly early strain, BB x NL but they’re not ripe yet, also need two more weeks from now which they won’t make.

So, I was a little sceptic about the harvest window and unfortunately I was right. I have to stick with (semi) auto strains in the future to prevent disappointment. I worked with some Danish strains (hybrids from hell) before, they are mostly semi auto varieties and finish end of august, early september. Maybe, I should go back to those and cross them with something modern…

2 Likes

They did reply about 5 days later, good list but those prices are out of my range :slight_smile:

Yeah sticking to autos seems to be the safest choice for your outdoors and run your photo’s indoors.

Have you started your White Pineapples yet?

1 Like

Hey hemp!

Yeah, I’m not gonna pay 300 for a cut either but their own regular cuts were 20 so that wasn’t too bad it seemed. Especially considering you can make clones indefinitely afterwards.

And yes, I actually put my white pineapple auto seeds straight in soil 48 hours ago. They sprouted vigorously, all of them!

I also made clones a couple days ago.

And my flowers need maybe two more weeks.

9 Likes

@Stinky did the BB x NL make it? :cry:

Hi @Oldtimerunderground,

They more or less did… They were later than the honey cream and I had to keep a very good eye on them, removing bud rot rigorously. In the end I still had to harvest too early and they were lacking quality overall. I’m giving it away to a friend for edibles, I don’t even feel like trimming them properly.

Actually I was quite disappointed by both those strains… I will never again believe what’s said on the pack/website about a strain. Only first hand accounts of friendly growers. Wasted season. Also the other strains wont ripen outside either.

Anyway, NEXT :grinning:

3 Likes

The 60€ for delivery charges also didn’t sit right with me.

I wanted to get some cuttings to speed up my process, fill up my flowering tent so I don’t have to wait 3 months to have a smoke.

But I’m not willing to spend close to 200€ for that, that much money could buy me shit loads of good seeds, growing supplies or equipment!

Great germination rate on White Pineapples! That’s a good start :slight_smile: Good luck with them! Have you got any other autos in mind for next season or going to concentrate on the WP ?

2 Likes

Yeah, I can relate to that!

They gave me a pack of freebees with the white pineapple: pineapple haze. Will check them out too and I have a few more auto
strains in the freezer I think. But for reproduction I’ll concentrate on only white pineapple.

2 Likes