Outdoor CBD seed run

Hi guys Stinky here. Thought I should document this in a separate topic.

So I have a mom and pop of ACE seeds’ CBD#1 X Erdpurt R&D strain.

I have done a few bud runs with her and I like the result. The stem rub has a strong orange peel smell. The buds have it too with some spiciness and incense to it. No chem, rubber or gas at all. I think it comes from the cannatonic lineage.

Now the effect is where it gets interesting. One of the parents is a high CBD hemp strain (CBD#1) the other parent is Erdpurt: a more balanced CBD:THC strain which is also a parent of the CBD#1. So it’s more or less a back cross.

It’s a very good medicine for insomnia. And I think it may be of value for other “patients” too. Also for people with low tolerance and who are sensitive to the raciness, paranoid effects weed sometimes can have. I assume it has a well balanced CBD:THC ratio.

Anyway, I kept the male for more than a year and now I will let it do its duty: pollinate the female so we can all enjoy the offspring.

I’ve planted both of them in an outdoor spot.

It’s a very sandy poor soil so I added some composted horse dung, later on I’ll top dress with something.

Before all this I made some clones of course, want to keep the parents for a while to maybe do another back cross.

Flowering time is approximately 10 weeks, finishing outdoors in early october at 51N.

46 Likes

Hopefully there’ll be enough seeds to overgrow at least part of the world :grin:

So stay tuned.

17 Likes

Best of luck with your project!

4 Likes

I’d be happy to try some at 19N :blush: :wave:

:grin:

Seriously, bravo-- we need more CBD everywhere!

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Hell ya bud! Good to see more people trying to spread some CBD around :+1:

2 Likes

Sounds really nice! I’ve been enjoying a 1:1 acdc x pineapple heirloom a friend grew and it’s like you say, very relaxing smoke.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the support guys!

Well, she can withstand cold alright. In our climate it’s the rain which is the biggest risk though. We’ve had octobers with 20 degrees C and no rain but also 15 degrees and a lot of rain. So maybe a 3:1 chance of a good harvest.

I used to grow these purple skunk clones in the ‘90 outdoors. And they were always ripe during the second week of October. And that week was always very sunny even when it rained in the weeks before. Maybe I was just lucky.

I’ll update this thread on a weekly basis, let’s hope for a sunny october!!!

5 Likes

Visited my friend today whom I gifted a clone of this strain.

16 Likes

Been a while… I think I’m not terribly good at updating regularly.

Anyway, here’s the result after a
couple weeks at my friends places:

I went to my own spot yesterday and the female is full of seeded buds! We just have to wait for a couple more weeks to ripen.

Look at those flowers:

And the seeded buds.

I also planted some clones of a few different strains around those two so there’ll be enough seeds for next season!

19 Likes

Very interesting strain there. Are you planning on growing out this next generation next?

1 Like

Hi @Bob13 , thanks for passing by.
I’m not sure when I will go through the offspring. I am currently using my 2x4 tent for another bud run of my Romulan ‘bx1’ clone. Meanwhile I’m getting a bigger tent ready for a commercial bud run, not sure what yet. Then I have a couple seed strains lined up like Karma’s Sowahh.

I’m thinking of sowing some of them next summer and try to select the earliest ripening ones. So many options, so little time :grin:

Would you like to try some out when they’re ready?

4 Likes

Yeah ill try a few, might help with my pain

1 Like

It would be amazing if they could help you with easing pain. Soon as they’re ok I’ll send you some.

5 Likes

When they’re ready, I’d like to get in that l-o-n-g line. CONGRATS on your efforts and success. At the :checkered_flag:, there will be a :trophy: waiting. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

To piggyback on @misterbee I would love to get a spot in that long line if possible. I am someone who benefits greatly from CBD, and that cross sounds amazing.

3 Likes

@misterbee and @sprinklememaynee
You guys are in for sure. Not gonna make this an official wiki-give-away thread but instead will casually give most of them away to whomever is in need of this type of strain.

7 Likes

Thankyou means a lot

3 Likes

There’s a Breeder in East Costal Maine who has Erdpurt in his Annual Grow. Finishes late Sep, has been bred to be fairly Mold-resistant. I hope to score a Pack when he reopens in Dec. He also specializes in SKUNKS!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Although it’s been chilly out here and a lot of rain fell, my seed project hasn’t fell pray to botrytis, thank god!

But in the field there’s more wind and a branch broke off.

Brought it home and check the seeds.

I think there might be a few viable ones there. I’ll give the rest of the plant a few more weeks to let the seeds completely ripen. There will be plenty to share around!

20 Likes

Watching. Thanks!

3 Likes