Strain Chat, What does anyone know of Jack Herer, Trainwreck and White Widow Autos?

Hi Everybody,
Just casually looking through the web and though the above seed are fairly available I’m not seeing anything in N.A, under $10 US /seed for a five pack.
Then too, sellers have widely varying THC levels for the same seed.
How do they compare to their reg photo offspring?

Plus I’m a sucker for the catalog descriptions:

Technically, Trainwreck … is a strain with a delightful smell that you can enjoy without all of the unwanted attention of more potent and skunky strains. Immediately upon handling, you’ll notice a strong smell of cedar and pine mixed with a sweet and spicy undertone. Its taste continues to be a bit piney but brings in some sharp lemony notes and finishes earthy.

The nose knows, I tell ya !

But there’s more…

… is appropriately named and is not for the faint of heart. Users can expect feelings of happiness and energy, mixed with a strong sense of calm and relaxation that may confuse inexperienced smokers.

That just plain isn’t fair.
Looking for help before I burn through another few giftcards.

9 Likes

I had and grew Arcata Trainwreck back in the day before they had seeds, it was a clone only strain…I loved the smell taste and high. I think Naked Stone Chick from the old Overgrow gifted me the strain…I also had my own Trainwreck cross which I called Schwreck…

20 Likes

I grew a couple white widow autos and am still enjoying them. Nice heady high that lasts without putting me to bed.

17 Likes

Hey Phil, damn that first pic looked to be needing Christmas ornaments.
Still have seed for another run?

1 Like

Hi Doug,
Man that’s awesome.
Ads say 8 weeks, how old are those?

1 Like

I actually donated a bunch of seeds for an ICMAG auction and the guy that got them did a grow & smoke report and it’s in my Homemade thread…

Homemade Strains Thread

11 Likes

Hey man, seeds broke surface march 2nd, pic was may 21.

2 Likes

From your link.
Right there front and center low - Jack Herer.
That was my first really successful clone grow.
I used a modified coco x perlite x vermiculite self irrigating planter w/remote(outsde of cab) res.
ime coco tends to dry out along the top layers and since my clones were rockwool plugs, a little vermiculite mixed into the top layers keeps it damp after transplant.

So what’s your take on the Jack?
Outside of '70’s mex, thai, south american and jamaican, hawaiian too, I personally was very happy in the high.
Don’t have that much experience in strains after that.
Creative, buoyant and energetic it was fun daytime smoke.
But does the auto do the same trick?

1 Like

Damn.
8 weeks!
That’s a little over 1/2 way for Golden Tiger, the alpha male who was the stud for my Tiger Jack run.
I talked with ReikoX saying I was afraid autos were gonna push reg photos out of my grow cycle, and now it will have to.
I got back into growing to help a friend with his medical grow but I hadn’t grown anything since the '70’s.
long story short, due to a relocation I won’t be able to help him as I have been and I want to set him up with autos so he’ll continue to be able to grow.
That way he can just grow for production instead of taking part in my harebrained experiments.
And especially Trainwreck, his favorite.
I have the money to pay these outrageous sums for a chance to self them for fem seeds but these prices have me looking for a little insurance.
And, so far, the best insurance I can ask for are OG testimonials.

3 Likes

Grew some WWAutos last year very nice finished in about 12 weeks there is a grow journal on here somewhere

Peace and stsyvsafe

4 Likes

Those look nice, dude.

Your too… very snowy

3 Likes

I’m growing White Widow Autos right now. This my first go with autos and first grow with sativa. They are much smaller plants than my indica plants. But I did not do any training other than topping them once. One plant I removed front the tent because I didn’t know what was wrong with her. She is growing in my veg tent. By herself. After fncking her up by leaving her outside in the cold for a couple nights.
Out of the three left, one is foxtailing badly. Small plant. Nice looking buds until the foxtails showed.
One looks really nice for a small plant. Buds are filling out nicely. The last one has the two main Colas from topping. Interesting looking Colas. Look to me like the buds are spiraling up the stems. I will post some pics later or you can see most of it in my grow log. BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log
Go have a look-see! The WW !at start around post 200 or so.

2 Likes

I checked out your grow. Nice!
Happy Frog right out of the bag?
My last FG infestation I attribute to Burpee’s Seed Starting mix that my wife used for her flowers.
I boil everything coming into the garden these days except Earthworm castings.

I’m pretty much coming at it from the other angle, haven’t grown much indica, almost always Sativa doms.
Most of the skunk strains are indica and the smell is overpowering imo.

Becoming a problem locally.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/swanky-detroit-steakhouse-wont-welcome-patrons-who-smell-like-pot/ar-BB1f0Ab0

Damn, Doug. Those WW Autos are no joke! What breeder are those from?

2 Likes

Thanks bud, I still have some jarred up. They came from Crop King seeds.

2 Likes

Nice. Ive grown regular WW from Crop King, and theirs is a really good representation of true WW. Good to see that their auto version is also awesome

2 Likes

Thanks for the references!
This is where OG shines.

Ordered my seeds from them a couple days ago, my research showed reviewers favor them.
Now for the “joy of anticipation” for them to arrive safely.

2 Likes

Happy Frog mixed with a generous helping of perlite. I found ocean Forest locally for 20 bucks a 1.5 bag. Will be using that on my next grow. It’s like 30-35 a bag on Amazon
Hate to change but could not beat that pricetag. In fact I may go back over and get 4 or 5 more sacks so I’ll have them.
And you are correct about the Gnats. I use Diatomaceous Earth on top of the soil and add more the day after watering. It doesn’t work wet! But dry they are keeping the population down. Also use the yellow sticky traps to catch stragglers

The Fungus Gnats trifecta!

• Yellow sticky traps
  • Diatomaceous Earth
  • Bti (Mosquito dunks etc)

Cheers
G

1 Like

My first grow was a white widow auto from ilgm.

Not having anything else to compare it to, i was pretty happy with the strain. First setup was 5 gallons of ffof in a fabric pot. I did a whole lot of LST. The plant ended up very squatty and on the small side, but I got 3oz + 5gms of dried buds off her and I’m liking the weed more the more I smoke of it.

It’s most definitely not a knock you on your butt strain, but it’s a very happy high. iMO, it’s one of the more sativa-like strains for effects even though it grows like an indica.

3 Likes