Strain ID; 1 of 4 known possibilities, apparently

So I was given three clones but my buddy lost the tags and didn’t know which is which…

I may not have pics of two of them, I may have to check later, and I can take more pictures as well, but here are the four possible strains:

Woody
Mimosa
Purple Punch
Rainbow Punch

Here is a recently taken pic of a branch which I think is ready for harvest, but I def could be mistaken, may even past ideal harvest date:

Also actually found a pic of two of them, the bud above and what I’m trying to identify is on the left:

10 Likes

Well, it’s not woody.

It looks like mimosa but punch cross also sounds possible - that’s easy to determine - mimosa smells like tangie. So if it’s orange-citrus, unapologetically and devoutly, it’s mimosa.

If not - figuring out if it’s purple punch or the cross could be as easy as referencing #purplepunch and #rainbowpunch on ig. It doesn’t have the leaf darkening I feel like I’ve seen on purple punch, but the leaf color looks familiar for veg that’s why I’m a little unsure without smelling it.

3 Likes

Good Lord I :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart: your greenhouse setup :v::peace_symbol::v:

Edit - LOL - plants look f’ing epic :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It’s very possible I may have messed up the leaf color somehow for sure.

I think your right about it not being woody, I thought the first plant I harvested was the woody.

1 Like

Thanks, still trying to improve the greenhouse…

I think the plants could have come out better, a decent amount of issues but it’s my first grow so I’ll take it lol

2 Likes

Is that a ‘big-azz’ ebb & flow? :thinking: Dayng.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Nah, it’s just a ass catch basin/drain, they were on drip lines, nothing too fancy…

Prob would have been better off if they were hand watered since I wasn’t PHing or feeding with the drip unfortunately.

2 Likes

I have to keep remembering to smell it and remember what it smells like lol, but I am thinking two other plants I had were likely the woody and the purple punch, so that leaves it to the rainbow punch or the mimosa most likely… here are a couple more pics:

Is that last pic some leave coloring or just a deficiency? As you can see, I’m pretty sure I’ve had some nute burn… it’s been pretty tough to figure this one out… have backed off a lot for a while, basically flushed for a while then to like 800ppm… run off is like 200-300ppm… wish it smelled more and got more sunlight unfortunately.

2 Likes

First and last photo suggest Phosphorus def. to me but I wouldn’t bet money on it…

A few plants seem to fall apart at the end, like they are having internal issues processing the nutriments or something.
How far off do you think harvest is? … Looks like it is getting close.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I really have no idea, def could be close, could be over due for all I know lol

1 Like

I was thinking it could be some what possibly related to a nitrogen deficiency as well based on the yellowing of other leaves (not that one specifically), but also wouldn’t bet my money either lol

1 Like

Since you mentioned this was your first grow, I have to ask - are you familiar with trichome colors indicating when a plant is ready? If not, you may want to do a little digging around here on OG. There’s already a lot of info available, so I won’t bother with including it here. But if you have a loupe or something similar, you can have your answer instantly.

2 Likes

The general yellowing is the typical harvest fade where the plant strip-mines the mobile nutriments from the leaves. I remove these when they no longer benefit the plant (they can be colonized by molds etc.).
In the last photo, how would you describe the color of the that discoloration? purple or something else? ( purple would point at phosphorous def.)

If you can get some closeup shots of the trichomes & buds, there is a “Ready to Harvest?” thread here under “Basic Growing Info” you can post to and get good feedback.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I am, I have a lil microscope and on some of the flowers I have seen some amber trichs, so I might cut those particular branches down

1 Like

Ok, thanks

Whelp, I’m almost certain now that mimosa can be ruled out and it’s either rainbow punch or the purple punch… I smelled it but I really am not sure what I’m smelling…

But things are looking like they are turning purple:

Here’s some early harvest before turning:

And here are some yet to be harvested trichomes pics:

2 Likes

Did the one with the yellowing go thru a reveg by chance?

1 Like

It’s possible… those pics are of the same tree.

Never mind I’m just half blind. Ignore me lol

1 Like

Time to harvest!!
She is perfect. :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

1 Like