Backyard Grow 2020

Here’s a few girls I have going in the backyard. The garage is too hot to do anything indoor so a couple have been moved outside in the last few days.

Bc Gold - Reeferman. Does not like the hot days so I have been putting her in the shade.

G13Skunk-Mr Nice

Darkstar x purple urkle - old seed from an old grower. 3/9 germinated with help. 2 seedlings died and the 2 I have left are clones off of the survivor that had to be tossed due to spider mites.

16 Likes

BC Gold definitely dont like the heat. She needs a little pagola with shade cloth, for her delicate leaves :wink:
They look like they are going to get pretty big before they finish except for the clones.

7 Likes

I’ve been trying to keep them under the cage height but I am throwing caution to the wind and just letting them go from here on out. The heat isn’t even that bad here, only 81 degrees when that picture was snapped. She’s just sensitive. I’m thinking about putting the 2 smaller ones into a raised bed to encourage them to get as big as they can in the next few weeks.

Some shots of my mom’s grow. 3 of her clones went into flower early and 2 are revegging into squat little monsters. The other one is having a hard time but should give her something. The other 2 are clones I gave her last month and are doing really well being in the ground.

10 Likes

I would say you could tuck that BC Gold back in there and just let it relax in the shade for the worst of the heat. I spray the tree above the plant to let it act like rainfall and it cools it down nicely for a while. It’s almost 3:30 and Im about to do it for the second time today. I’ve never had a problem with water droplets burning leaves on any of my plants, including a large honeysuckle in direct sunlight I spray down as well. I will even bury containers with wet mulch to keep roots cool too.

7 Likes

They all look great, that re veg is going to look like a big pom pom when it’s done :thinking: should be interesting to watch.

4 Likes

Been hot here, but we are getting through it. Watering twice a day. If I miss a watering they feel it. I have been using Roots Organics terp teas, buddha bloom, calmag, and trinity, and some kelp. I have done several foliar feeds with the kelp and I hit them all with dr zymes every week. With all the watering and the size of the big plants I have been really giving them the juice and they can’t seem to get enough. Top dressed with terp tea yesterday to hopefully meet their needs. Did some hardcore bending on the BC gold and it is responding well. I took clones of all just in case one is killer and put them in the fridge in solo cups and a ziplock. Going to put some more straight into ziplocks to double my chances of keeping them alive until I can get back indoors.

9 Likes

Bending seemed to even up the canopy a little better but now I am just going to let them go. I’m not being anywhere near scientific about the feedings the big girls get fed about every other day because I have had to water so much they get flushed quickly.

The 2 smaller plants are growing vigorously. The stalks on these are ridiculously thick to the top. They are beefy suckers. The leaves they are throwing are getting pretty big as well. New growth is twisting. Hoping these will be heavy yielders for their size. I took clones to run indoors later if they are any good.

7 Likes

Put a few stakes in the ground and spread and take some main branches down.it will open them up to more sun and fatten them buds up even more…You have a great grow going and should be proud of your accomplishments.

4 Likes

Everything is starting to flower. Didn’t snap any pics of the Bc gold or g13skunk tonight but it is getting big. At some point the main stalk of the g13skunk split like six inches. It is hanging on though with some yellowing in some bottom branches. The 2 Darkstar purple urkle have grown to a good size and I am probably going to chuck some pollen on one of them.

Also an update on mom’s garden

8 Likes

Very nice looking plants :+1:

1 Like

Darkstar purple urkle showing some color. Is now a good time to hit this with pollen?

8 Likes

Here are the big girls today. Went ahead and brushed some pollen onto one of the smaller girls. I am going to wait a week and hit it again for good measure.

7 Likes

You already know I’m in AZ, but are all of us outdoor growers flowering already? Seems like everyone started in unison no matter the latitude.
It’s looking great my G! I would only suggest spraying a PK booster on the leaves just so you can clock the effects of that technique. Even if you just do one plant and wait to see how it goes. It’s something I have to do because of the heat. The roots are dedicated to just surviving all day and it’s kind of a bypass to get nutrients to the plant. I have some Foxfarm Big Bloom left that I have been using to foliar spray.

1 Like

I can join in on this one. Big girl is rainbow kush as well as home Depot. Then Ace is grape cake, Lowe’s is blackberry kush. Petco is purple haze.

9 Likes

Here’s some picture updates from today. The g13 skunk has still not started flowering. I thought it was something I did to it but my mom has a clone off of it and it isn’t flowering either. At this rate it won’t be done until November and that doesn’t work for my climate. Anyhoo all the others are doing well.

Bc Gold

DS x PU 1

DS x PU 2 pollinated with a pollen gift from @lefthandseeds

9 Likes

They suffered through 2 weeks of thick smoke but we are back to sunshine and blue skies. I took a sample from the seeded plant to check on seeds and they are looking good.

11 Likes

what region…mines are looking similar

1 Like

I’m in Oregon

3 Likes

IN new england and mold is coming right around the corner trying to push it for two more weeks

3 Likes

We had 2 days of rain and already had to cut some bud rot off one plant, so the 2 smaller plants have been taken down. Shucked some more seeds wet, up to 80 seeds after going through 3 golf ball size nugs and tossing immature or crushable seeds so should have some seeds for folks to hunt through soon.

3 Likes