Strains like Blue Dream?

I like the way Blue Dream grows (S1 of SC cut). I knocked her up with a couple Chem doms but in case I don’t find anything, what are some other strains that have the Blue Dream type structure/growth?

Green Crack, Strawberry Cough? I missed out on that time-line, I’ve got no clue what type of commercial sativa seed is available but I love big stretchy plants with hornets nest buds

6 Likes

I’m growing strawberry cough right now and it’s EXACTLY, how you describe it there! I’ve bred strawberry cough to a Dj Short Blue Berry male and a 710 Genetics (uncle fester skunk x cheese) male. I javent tried the crosses yet to see if I can get the same bud and branching pheno

3 Likes

There is a cut called Lezberado that looks almost identical as true Blue Dream, but smells completely different.

i have a strawberry cough and 2 blue dreams from canuk seeds there nice plants but i dont think there much like the original the strawberry cough is a stretcher and coming down in 2 weeks or so i cant wait

7 Likes

Blueberry Blast, very similar to Blue Dream but wayyyy dreamier!! Got a pak from @Greyfox a while ago, planted 1 seed and it was a winner :trophy: winner

3 Likes

Man now I wish I asked for that blueberry blast instead of blackberry Kush lol. Though I already have a nice cut of DJ shorts Blueberry, I’m still looking for more variety and to breed with.

4 Likes

Another good one :+1:t5:
Have you tried JOTI’s Blackberry Breath? :fire:

1 Like

Not yet, but I have the seeds. The first clone of the DJ shorts blueberry I’m blooming is almost done. my buddy has flowered out a couple clones already and I’ve had samples… oh so good. I could harvest the top half any time now really, but I’d like to see more amber. The lower half will go at least another two weeks to mature some seeds, as long as the leaves don’t fade off completely by then.

3 Likes

I grew Strawberry Cough with Blue Dream back in like 2008-2009 and they were almost identical but the Strawberry Cough was a 60/40 sativa dominant and the Blue Dream was more like a 75/25 Sativa dominant…Both were beasts. I could find some old pics of the Blue Dreams I use to grow indoor. I bought those clones in Santa Cruz myself

3 Likes

How much does blue dream stretch? I’m hoping one of my cuttings root soon so I can try her.

1 Like

They’ll stretch a good amount. It depends if you topped it and pot size…but yea expect them to stretch their legs for sure

2 Likes

I like the way it grows without being topped.

Without being topped in a 5 gallon pot and vegged for 30 days under a 400w MH bulb…mine went from 20inches to about 5ft at harvest…Flowered under a 600w HPS

Cameras sucked back in 2006 :joy:

8 Likes

I tend to not top my plants, veg till 10-18”, Blooming in 1.5gal containers. aiming for 30” tall at finish, with the mix of strains I have going, it’s tough to decide how tall to flip the clone. So just know that it may stretch 3x even under intense lighting, I’ll keep it closer to 8-10” when I flip one. Also good to know she likes to bush out, as I try to grow more a SOG style with focus on main cola. Thanks for those pics and the info.
With the mix of strains I have going, my plants are all over the place in height and branching vs single cola lol.

@WestcoastCroppers sorry for hijacking your thread

9 Likes

I got 1 more 10 pack monkey

1 Like

If that’s all you have left then hold onto them, I have no idea when I can even get to them if I got them :sweat_smile:. But thank you and I’ll definitely keep it in mind when I get to my fruit run

1 Like

I’m a fan of the cup. Here’s a Blue Dream from a while ago

6 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. The ultimate goal is to get that type of structure with og/chem/90s type flavors. It’s an obviously goal when you grow an OG and Blue Dream side by side,figured I’d take a stab.

1 Like

Sorbet Dreams from DNA. The pheno I had was very BD dominant. Even streched like a crazy sativa. Let me check and see if I have pictures.

1 Like

Best pic I could find. She’s the tall lanky one in the front. Smelled like blueberries and kush. Taste like BD with the sativa effects.

3 Likes

Pacific Northwest has a BD bx2 that is the Santa Cruz cut to a old blue moonshine.

The old time moonshine used to make the blue moonshine was rereleased not to long ago also by Blue Star Seed Co.

I found a nice blueberry Male that stretched well and had more recessive traits carried over than dominant. His stretch and resin production (more terpy if that’s a thing) were dominant traits.

The old time moonshine was a heavy indica growth. Stayed small bush style and pine like smell to it. Tight nodes and rock hard bud. It did have that blueberry blue dream trim hell from all the sugar leafs but no stretch like the sativa leaning blueberry from DJ.

Another one that is of days of old is the rockaberry, from DJ or if you want to really go digging then I would looks towards his breeders Choice Mix 2.

2 Likes