Less Bushy Strain Recommendations

Anything out there that is top tier that has a branching-bamboo, x-mass tree shape with pole type branches, ~5-6ft finished plants? Been looking at CSI, Sunken Treasure, Clearwater, or maybe figuring out a cutting and source.

Grown a bunch of Shwale, some DocD, Secrete Society, Green Team, others, and I have a Clearwater - Dante’s Inferno from seed that’s got my new favorite structure. I’m looking to find strains that tend toward being more Christmas tree shaped with almost no small branching just pole branches shooting off the main trunk with a nice regular 40-45degree angle each, large buds with somewhat loose stacking, at least a fairly strong high and finishing in 56-70ish days would be good.

The DI I got grows fast, finishes fast 50-60 days, and grows mostly large single buds that need almost no trimming, fruity terps that aren’t super durable but last a couple months, high’s middle of the road not super strong. Lowers do well. Great bag appeal. It’s a fairly spread out plant, lots of air space in it which works well in my setup.

The Shwale stuff tends to be too bushy and I don’t do hash washes so the bud structure isn’t always optimal, but it can have great terps and highs.

I like the high of OG Kush type stuff but the viney growth is less enjoyable.

The DocD has been a bit wild so far, interesting though. Just popped Mothers Milk x TGE

Secrete Society’s GMO cross grew well, drying atm. Not quite the spead out structure I’m after though.

Any recommendations?

2 Likes

Oh mothers milk x tge sounds great I got 5 Tahoe og (dvg cut) x thunder gun express going for my first doc d run excited to see what his stuff is about what of his have you grown?

1 Like

This is a strain you may want to consider:

Brice Banner x Strawberry Banana

IMG_0368

5 Likes

How about auto’s? Most of the ones I have grown tend to have a structure where the side branches of different nodes grow up to the same level, so you get a relatively even canopy at side branch level, with the main stems sticking out.

2 Likes

I did a pack of bananastan x beastie boy, wish I’d gotten some band aid.

You doing a journal of the tahoe x TGE?

2 Likes

I’d rather have something where I can keep a clone.

It’s not the best picture but here’s the DI where you can see the structure @Oldjoints :

No defoliation or pruning

3 Likes

And why couldn’t you keep a clone of the strain I suggested?

And no I can’t see the structure of the DI in that picture.

I could, it’s in the right direction, it still looks a bit on the bushy side compared to what I’m after though. I’d like less branching, longer inter-node, less foliage clustering, stretchy. Who bred that one?

It usually branches only at the main stem and sends off poles.

Heady Mcdank of Boundless Genetics

Ok so you are looking for something similar to this structure:

8 Likes

Glazed berries and blue grease from @Josh_Blue had some nice internodal spacing and branching. You won’t be disappointed, i promise

Yeah that’s the sort of thing plant structure wise. I think I’d look for a bit more stretch but that’s the only main stem branching I’m after. That one have any pruning or defoliation?

I tend to like plants that don’t fade much if at all before buds finish.

I searched around but didn’t find any pics, did I miss them somewhere?

The blue Grease looks a bit leafy in the buds compared to what I’m after but looks great. Nice pink red purple.

1 Like

No pruning at all……

Blue grease

Glazed berries on the left

I don’t have any stand alone flower shots of glazed berries, but she stretched out nicely in flower

2 Likes

Those look like they’ll have a good chance at the branching and structure.

Here’s a DI top, large buds but a bit foxy. they put on a decent amount of it and the lowers stay nice.

5 Likes

@Oldjoints i absolutely love that little clone shelf! Where did u get that one? I’m currently using a huge and a small wire rack as well, that just looks perfect with the bases etc. and the forms not restricting things. Very very cool

Frosty gal! Very nice

1 Like

Thanks! I like it, does well for smoke, grows easier than most others. That’s the one that has me looking for structurally similar strains.

Have any recommendations for strains to look at?

I’d suggest pink Kush, purple Kush both have similarities to what you seek and are potent as they come , Death Bubba is another but is more leafy than you like .

1 Like